Author Topic: Official Vera Apps Push Notifications?  (Read 723 times)

Offline dJOS

Official Vera Apps Push Notifications?
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:21:14 am »
I'm kinda stunned, the Vera smartphone apps still dont support push notifications!  :o

Please, when are you going to add these?

Notifications / Alerts is really the most disappointing part of the Vera experience for me so far - i mean c'mon, text messages for alerts???  ::) Plus you get spammed rubbish and cryptic messages (quota limits?)

Imo, the Vera UI7 Alerts and Notifications needs a major overhaul plus the smartphone apps need to support Push Notifications plus recognise when an alert has been sent and not repeat it over and over again!

As an example, the nest smoke alarm goes off because wife burns something, last week I got something like 30 emails and 3 text messages for a 10 minute event, it was bizarre to say the least!
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline dJOS

Re: Official Vera Apps Push Notifications?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:39:22 pm »
Ok so I found that Vera does support push notifications, but only for the primary account! This is annoying because I want my wife to get the push notifications for our garage door being open or closed too as she is the one who forgets to close it.
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »
I am using the Vera Alerts plug-in and Pushover on both iPhones. You can set up different users, although it means buying 2 Pushover apps.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline dJOS

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 10:15:50 pm »
Cheers, I'll look into it.

Offline lecter

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 06:17:38 am »
At this time, if kids aren't involved, I don't really see the point of using separate user accounts...I ran into the notification problem, tried Vera Alerts, decided it was yet another plugin that sometimes had a mind of its own, so went back to the native notification system and simply put my account on my girlfriend's phone as well.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 06:57:10 am »
Is more that my wife isn't technical and I want her account restricted to basic user so she doesn't anciently screw something up.

Vera need to massively overhaul the notifications system as it's really crude - makes me wonder if I should have spent the extra money on fibaro instead. :-\

Offline lecter

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 03:03:12 pm »
I dunno man, I tried Fibaro (HCL, not HC2, but still...) and while configurable, it looked like I needed to quit my day job because I had to create pretty much everything from scratch, there were 0 sensible defaults for things, an area in which I feel Vera excels.

As for your wife, on her mobile app, what could she really screw up? Besides disabling a scene, I don't see that much advanced stuff being possible in the mobile app...

Offline dJOS

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 04:59:15 pm »
Ah good to know, thanks.

Yeah good point, there isn't that much you can play with in the app.