Author Topic: GE 14295  (Read 347 times)

Offline JoshMcMadMac

GE 14295
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:13:39 pm »
Has anyone successfully paired a newer GE 14295 switch? I believe this is the z-wave plus version of the 12727, and both are "toggle" switches not "paddle" switches.

I have other paddle switches and a toggle switch all paired just fine, but they are dimmers and older z-wave. The 14295 is strictly on/off, and I would really like to avoid adding it as a dimmer since the light that is on that switch is not designed to dim. If you have one of these, what type of switch did you add it as?

Offline shallowearth

Re: GE 14295
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:28:54 pm »
Just use a generic z-wave device.  Should work fine.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:33:47 pm »
Just use a generic z-wave device.  Should work fine.

What did you do to get it to pair? With the older switches it was simply a matter of pressing the switch down once to initiate pairing, but that has not worked for the new switch.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:23:19 pm »
What Vera do you have?

I don't have a 14295 but was commenting that you can always using the generic z-wave to add a device.  What kind of error are you getting when you try to add?  Is the Vera not seeing anything when in add mode, or just it sees the attempt to add and fails in some way? Jasco (GE) are pretty standard switches and should just work.  The manual does says you need to toggle up not down to add.  You might also try resetting the device:  Quickly press ON (Up) button three (3) times then immediately press the OFF (Down) button three (3) times.

If your Vera is still not seeing any attempt to join the network from the device, you may just have a bad device.  Usually if a device isn't supported the  Vera will see the attempt to join but then fail at some point.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »
What Vera do you have?

I don't have a 14295 but was commenting that you can always using the generic z-wave to add a device.  What kind of error are you getting when you try to add?  Is the Vera not seeing anything when in add mode, or just it sees the attempt to add and fails in some way? Jasco (GE) are pretty standard switches and should just work.  The manual does says you need to toggle up not down to add.  You might also try resetting the device:  Quickly press ON (Up) button three (3) times then immediately press the OFF (Down) button three (3) times.

If your Vera is still not seeing any attempt to join the network from the device, you may just have a bad device.  Usually if a device isn't supported the  Vera will see the attempt to join but then fail at some point.

I have a Verasecure. I am not getting an error, it simply is not adding. I know the switch works, I just removed if from my old panel last night. I will try pairing it as generic to rule out as many variables as possible. I was hoping someone might have done this already and have discovered a trick or two.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »
If you removed it from another z-wave network, then you should for sure do the reset procedure (up, up, up, down, down, down rapidly).  It may not have been fully removed from your old network, so not sending an add signal to the vera at all, assuming it is still part of the old network.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 09:48:31 pm »
If you removed it from another z-wave network, then you should for sure do the reset procedure (up, up, up, down, down, down rapidly).  It may not have been fully removed from your old network, so not sending an add signal to the vera at all, assuming it is still part of the old network.

Thanks, I'll give it another go. I might need to figure out how to drag the Vera over to the switch. It is not really that far away, but have read that the z-wave plus stuff might be a bit more fussy about distance.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 09:03:51 pm »
Just to close the loop on this, I got it to work through the exclusion process. I did drag the Vera right next to the switch with a long run of CAT6 I have, but it would not pair outright. When it failed to pair, I followed the prompt through "retry" and excluded the switch. It paired at that point, and works. Thanks for the support, shallowearth.