Author Topic: New Plugin: Reactor  (Read 8258 times)

Offline sm2117

Re: New Plugin: Reactor
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 10:02:57 pm »
One minor issue I've noticed with this plugin is whenever I change a condition in a sensor, save, and return to the devices page, some of my plugin icons get screwed up. For example, my reactor sensors inherit icons from other plugins (like multiswitch or the day/night plugin - both also installed) and sometimes visa versa. A Vera page reload always sorts it out but I thought I'd mention it because it was really confusing the first time it happened!

Online rigpapa

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 10:13:55 pm »
Yes, known issue. See prior comments by Nameless. It's fixed in the stable branch on Github. You only need the JavaScript file (J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js) to fix it. I am posting the official release to the Vera store tomorrow, and it should be approved and available Monday, if you want to wait for that. It's a UI effect only; there's no data corruption. I was sorting a list passed back from the UI, not realizing that it was the UI's working copy and not a clone, so it scrambles the UI's brain a bit, but a browser refresh sets it back to right.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Online rigpapa

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 09:35:33 am »
Version 1.1 is now released to the Vera Plugin Marketplace and AltAppStore. This version has a lot of bug fixes (most minor, a couple significant), and two new features: "sequences light" (creating time-dependency between conditions), and a real-time status display so you can see the logic in action. See the CHANGELOG.md file in the Github repo for details. The documentation (on my web site) has also been updated.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Online rigpapa

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 03:23:01 pm »
Additionaly, I cannot get notifications to work when the sensor trips.

I use notifications for testing, as well as scenes. How are you setting your notification up?

Offline Nameless

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 12:07:53 am »
Additionaly, I cannot get notifications to work when the sensor trips.

I use notifications for testing, as well as scenes. How are you setting your notification up?

From within the device, I use the Notifications section and setup an alert like this:
Description: Testing Sensor: Is armed and tripped
After the sensor trips, the symbol shows red in the UI, but no email goes out to me.

I'm running a couple tests that should trip tomorrow on the test Reactor and on a couple actual devices. I'll let you know how those go.

Online rigpapa

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:03 am »
Unless you are arming the sensor, the notification conditons aren't met. Use the "tripped whether armed or not" condition instead.

Offline Nameless

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 01:25:28 pm »
Unless you are arming the sensor, the notification conditons aren't met. Use the "tripped whether armed or not" condition instead.
Yeah, I'm arming them. I will try a couple with your suggestion to see if I can get any notification working.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Online rigpapa

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
OK. I want to make sure you are, because "Enabling" is not the same as "Arming". And there's no UI in the current version for arming them. So, how are you doing that?  :D

Offline Nameless

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »
OK. I want to make sure you are, because "Enabling" is not the same as "Arming". And there's no UI in the current version for arming them. So, how are you doing that?  :D
Ah ha, I didn't realize that. I'll keep you posted on my findings after making adjustments. Thanks

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Offline opel-oleg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 01:19:05 am »
I can not get the date / time condition working.
All the information entered is confused in some kind of nonsense  :(

Online rigpapa

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 07:20:33 am »
I can not get the date / time condition working.
All the information entered is confused in some kind of nonsense  :(

OK. Narrow this down a little for me. Is the editing UI doing something odd, or is the display in status just weird? Can you post a screen shot?

Offline bucko

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 10:41:48 am »
Ok, so Im giving this plugin a go. I think I understand conditions, and set up 1 group. Now how do I assign an action to happen on a device when Reactor trips?
My setup is just a simple test. If it is night and I arm my system to stay, then close the window blinds.

Where do I assign "close the window blinds"?
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Online rigpapa

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 11:50:04 am »
Where do I assign "close the window blinds"?

You set up a scene to close the window blinds, and set the Reactor Sensor as the device trigger (use the "Tripped whether armed or disarmed" condition in the scene trigger).

Offline opel-oleg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 12:31:28 pm »

OK. Narrow this down a little for me. Is the editing UI doing something odd, or is the display in status just weird? Can you post a screen shot?

this is the result after the next entry
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:39:56 pm by opel-oleg »

Offline dJOS

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 02:08:57 am »
Hey rigpapa, love your work mate!

I've been putting off learning PLEG for about a month - I'm a former Server Admin & Business Analyst with massive UI OCD issues .... needless to say trying to learn PLEG feels like having your brain bashed in (it's not even remotely intuitive) ... except the brick isnt gold and doesnt have a slice of lemon wrapped around it!

Reactor on the other hand is fantastic - took me all of 5 mins to comprehend, lovely work sir!

Just to ensure I do understand it, if I have the below sensor setup as a trigger for a scene:

Code: [Select]
Service/Variable#84 Guest Mode Status = on for 600 secs(0) false as of 3:50:43 PM
House ModeHome(1) true as of 3:50:43 PM
Service/Variable#66 Garage Door Status = open(0) false as of 3:50:43 PM

will it see if my Virtual Switch called "Guest Mode" has been active for at least 600 seconds before checking that both HomeMode = 1 (Home) and the Garage Door Status = open? I assume if after 10 mins and all 3 conditions being true, it will then "trigger" activating the vera scene I have using it as a trigger?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 02:10:43 am by dJOS »
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's