Author Topic: RMA Timescale & Communication  (Read 764 times)

Offline AlphaHustle

RMA Timescale & Communication
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:37:41 am »
I posted previously about a Vera update bricking my controller.

The very nice tech support lady said she had forwarded my details to the sales/RMA department.

10 days later iv heard nothing! Anybody have any experience with this? I am in the UK. Is Vera a serious business or a hobby ran from a dudes garage... This is pathetic!

Offline hellovn

Re: RMA Timescale & Communication
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:17:54 pm »
I got an RMA before but it had to go through my reseller in Canada. Vera Control sent an RMA to my reseller in few days. No complaints at all. My reseller also allowed me to upgrade my VeraEdge to Veraplus with a price difference.

Offline AlphaHustle

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:14:18 am »
*** Update ***  I am now an entire month down the line and i have received nothing!

Communication has been sparse to say the least. I am having to follow up my follow ups and still without a reply.

I am so disappointed the Vera!

>:( >:( :( :( >:( >:(

Offline Livebrain

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:53:20 pm »
I'm in the same situation in California. Not happy. Upgraded firmware and device failed. Tech was friendly and forwarded problem to RMA. This was a Wednesday. I was told by Monday they would get back with me. No response. Followed up with tech and he resubmitted. Still no response. This was two weeks ago. Friendly tech service. Horrible RMA follow up.

For those of you upgrading the firmware as the company suggests, I would proceed with caution.

Offline AlphaHustle

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 04:20:41 am »
I am now approaching the 2 month mark! Communication is still terrible I am now being ignored (sent my last email over a week ago). I have given alternative options to replacing my unit which have also been ignored.

Pretty much the same story as @Livebrain shared, excellent technical support following their botched firmware update followed by an incapable RMA followup.

I'm not sure where i stand legally with this situation but i will be seeking advice. I believe not fulfilling the RMA must be some kind of contract breach.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:42:25 am »
Hey there,

Let me start by apologizing for the situation and telling you that we are trying our best to avoid this as much as possible.

@Livebrain - I see that our Shipping team has already sent you the return shipping label at our expense and RMA process is due to be closed.

@AlphaHustle - I know that we have some VeraPlus stock shortage with some of our EU suppliers that should be worked out as I speak. This is not an excuse but we will try to turn this around as best as possible.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline AlphaHustle

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 11:54:46 am »
Hello @Sorin,

Thanks for the reply and for all the firefighting you do throughout the forums.

Also thanks for letting me know you have a shortage of VeraPlus EU stock.

Unfortunately I have been informed multiple times that this is the case, promised ship dates which never happen, and now two months on i am being ignored by support.