We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Test Build  (Read 7127 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Public Test Build
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:37:37 am »
Happy Holidays everyone. I wanted to release a test build of AutHomation and AutHomationHD.

AutHomation only received a few features and bug fixes. Here are some changes:

- Added the ability to hide the dimmer slider. This prevents from accidentally activating the slider when scrolling.
- Alarm panel support
- Keyboard fix, keyboard would load when resuming app.
- minor bug fixes and tweaks

AuHomationHD received most of the big changes (mainly in GoogleTV support):

- Added the ability to hide the dimmer slider. This prevents from accidentally activating the slider when scrolling.
- Alarm panel support
- GoogleTV UI overhaul. Made some big changes to the user interface for better remote/keyboard controls. Most of everything is functional. There might be some bugs.
- Keyboard fix, keyboard would load when resuming app.
- Other minor bug fixes and tweaks.

This will be released as version 1.3 and will require to clear the app data before running the newly installed version. More changes were made to the database. I wanted to offer this test release to anyone willing to test it out and provide some feedback, especially for anyone who has a googletv box willing to test things out.

Here is the link for the releases:

https://www.wuala.com/garrettwp/Android/AutHomation/Public%20Test/?key=cqDXsXIbSidI

AutHomation = Android 2.2 and 2.3
AutHomationHD = Android 3.0 and Newer, Ice Cream Sandwich, and GoogleTV

- Garrett

Update 2011/12/28:

I updated a newer build for AutHomationHD. This newer build only has changes for GoogleTV. I changed the way the icons were displayed on the control panel (right panel). The icons are now larger and it looks better. This change increased the size of the build.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:00:02 am by garrettwp »

guest13549

Re: Public Test Build
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:27:38 am »

Great!

I have now two phones, since I bought a Galaxy Nexus yesterday, so timing was perfect!  :)

First I tried the non-HD on both phones, and it worked great, then I also installed the HD version on my new Nexus, and it worked great, but afaict, theres no way of adding devices to favorites. At least the long press does not do it on my phone.
It did work on the non-HD on both phones,  though.

It seams that after having run the HD version, it is not possible to start the non-HD again. Maybe a reboot of the phone will do it?! Will try...

Thanks for the slider-hiding option!

Micael

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 06:04:47 am »

Great!

I have now two phones, since I bought a Galaxy Nexus yesterday, so timing was perfect!  :)

First I tried the non-HD on both phones, and it worked great, then I also installed the HD version on my new Nexus, and it worked great, but afaict, theres no way of adding devices to favorites. At least the long press does not do it on my phone.
It did work on the non-HD on both phones,  though.

It seams that after having run the HD version, it is not possible to start the non-HD again. Maybe a reboot of the phone will do it?! Will try...

Thanks for the slider-hiding option!

Micael

Micael,

AutHomationHD is meant for tablets that run Honeycomb (Android 3.0+) and Tablets and Phones that run Ice Cream (Android 4.0). This includes your phone. Though AutHomation will run on any plateform, AutHomationHD is meant for the newer versions of Android. What I would do is remove AutHomation from your Galaxy Nexus and Clear the data for AutHomationHD (start from scratch). To add a scene or device to the favorites section in AutHomationHD, just long press on the scene or device. A menu bar at the top will show, click on the 3 little boxes at the top right corner (this is Android's way of showing that there is more options available). A menu should show and there you should be able to click on "Add to favorites".

- Garrett

guest13549

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 08:36:00 am »

Garrett,

I only realized that HD was meant to run on my new phone after I had installed and run the non-HD by routine.. :)

Anyway, I removed both the non-HD and HD versions, re-installed the HD version. But I still cannot add to favorites.

[...]

Nevermind, I realize my mistake, I need to longpress on the name  :-[ Don't know why I succeeded in the non-HD version. Anyway, once I did this, I got to add the devices to favorites.  :)

Thanks,
 Micael

Offline dfad1469

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:50:04 am »
This looks really good!

I was holding oiff using this app until alarm panel support was added. This realease works well with my alarm panel (Vista 128BPT with RS232).

Thanks for creating this app. I find it much cleaner than the other Android apps.

By any chance will give access to others to help you with develoment? I would be more than happy to help with development.

One quick thing that might be easy to add is smoke detectors. They look alot like switches.

Thanks again.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:18:22 pm »

Garrett,

I only realized that HD was meant to run on my new phone after I had installed and run the non-HD by routine.. :)

Anyway, I removed both the non-HD and HD versions, re-installed the HD version. But I still cannot add to favorites.

[...]

Nevermind, I realize my mistake, I need to longpress on the name  :-[ Don't know why I succeeded in the non-HD version. Anyway, once I did this, I got to add the devices to favorites.  :)

Thanks,
 Micael

Micael,

If you also long press anywhere in the white area of that device or scene, you should be able to pop up the menu. Glad it worked out for you. Feedback is more than welcome. :)

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:02 pm »
This looks really good!

I was holding oiff using this app until alarm panel support was added. This realease works well with my alarm panel (Vista 128BPT with RS232).

Thanks for creating this app. I find it much cleaner than the other Android apps.

By any chance will give access to others to help you with develoment? I would be more than happy to help with development.

One quick thing that might be easy to add is smoke detectors. They look alot like switches.

Thanks again.

Right now I plan on keeping the code closed and will eventually open it up. I can tell you right now, My java and android coding is a work in progress. I can guarantee that there are probably much better ways of doing things in my code. It has been a huge learning curve, it helps that I have experience in other languages.

As for the smoke detectors, I wish I can have separate icons representing smokes, motion and so forth, however the data that I pull does not tell me any more detail than that it is a security type sensor. There has been discussion on trying to better implement devices into vera for identification. A few members on the board are working up a standardization of the alarm panel plugins. Maybe someday in the future this can be worked into.

Thanks for the comments. My goal is to try and make the app as clean as possible and easy on the eyes. I am sure more work on the UI needs to be done, but I think I have accomplished my goal so far.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 06:15:18 pm »
@garrettwp,
In the extended Metadata (user_data2), there is information that indicates the sub-type of MotionSensor1 (DoorSensor1 etc) for each of the SecuritySensor1 devices.  I haven't gotten there yet, but UI5 is supposed to have separate Icons for each of these sub-types.  Things like the DSC (etc) allow users to specify which Zones are to use these special sub-types.

If this information is missing from the minimal Metadata (sdata) then it would be worthwhile making a formal [bug] request to get it added, along with the other items you've already found to be missing so it can be used to build a more complete UI/CP.

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 07:37:57 pm »
I haven't gotten there yet, but UI5 is supposed to have separate Icons for each of these sub-types.

There is an icon for smoke detectors (/www/cmh/skins/default/icons/SmokeSensor.png), but my V2@1.5.255 (migrated from UI4) doesn't make use of it ...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 01:07:20 am »
@garrettwp,
In the extended Metadata (user_data2), there is information that indicates the sub-type of MotionSensor1 (DoorSensor1 etc) for each of the SecuritySensor1 devices.  I haven't gotten there yet, but UI5 is supposed to have separate Icons for each of these sub-types.  Things like the DSC (etc) allow users to specify which Zones are to use these special sub-types.

If this information is missing from the minimal Metadata (sdata) then it would be worthwhile making a formal [bug] request to get it added, along with the other items you've already found to be missing so it can be used to build a more complete UI/CP.

guessed,

The short data does contain the subcategory. Is there any info on what each subcategory number relates to? It looks like smoke detectors are subcategory 4, motion is 3? Is this correct? I looked at the wiki but could not find anything.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 03:38:41 am »
If the doc is missing then bug that also.  Sdata is supposed to be what gets used moving forward, but it has minimal doc... Often not enough to actually use it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 07:01:10 am »
If the doc is missing then bug that also.  Sdata is supposed to be what gets used moving forward, but it has minimal doc... Often not enough to actually use it.

I'll open up a ticket requesting some more documentation. I will also message MCVFlorin to see if he can provide some input.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:25 am »
I uploaded another build for AutHomationHD. This build has some changes for GoogleTV. It now has larger icons on the control panel (right side panel). Here are some screen shots:

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:53 am »
Some more....

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 09:37:46 am »
Looking great.....
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....