We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Leviton rf+ 600w dimmer ???  (Read 6609 times)

Offline redstopgreengo123

Leviton rf+ 600w dimmer ???
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »
Hi. So I just wired up 1 of these bad boys. The switch turns on and off the light fine. So I log into mios and attempt to include the switch into my network. That's where I'm stuck. I have always included devices by putting the device in inclusion mode. Then doing a full power inclusion. No problems. Now this dimmer is throwing me for a loop. Any help out there??? How do I include with Vera???

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Leviton rf+ 600w dimmer ???
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »
When in inclusion mode, have you tried just tapping the switch? If that does not work, you may have to put Vera in exclusion mode and tap the switch to exclude it. Than try including it.

- Garrett

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 10:25:10 pm »
Thank you. Yes. Simply tapping the switch did the trick. Now to work out a few bugs it's giving me.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:38:24 am »
I'm lost now on getting this bug worked out. Mios is showing a "transmit failed error code:1" from what I could find, this was an error reguarding connection to Vera from device over distance. I don't know this to be accurate but less than 2 feet from the switch is a kwikset lock that Vera talks with perfect. As I understand(which is on a small scale) zwave devices link to other devices making the mesh network. Which leads me to believe this is not a distance issue. Any help out there? Wife's gonna be pissed if I can't get her Xmas gift/ "ungodly price light switches" working. Thanks forum for help.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:27 am »
any help out there? does this question neep to be placed in a different section?

Offline chixxi

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:37 am »
I don't think it's a distance problem. If you added the device with power inclusion and the device shows on the vera they seem to have communicated.

I don't know what you already tried, but you can try to reconfigure the device by clicking "Configure Node Right Now" in the Settings-Tab from the device. Then it will try again to configure the device (see messages directly bellow device). I had one duewi-switch which behaved the same, I had to wake it up manually again (see device manual) and then configure the device again. That way the commands went through and no red errors were shown anymore.

I guess you already tried resetting the device and re-adding it again?
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:14:46 pm »
when i click to configure node now i get an " unable to get any information on node" error. I removed and re included the device once with the same problem.

That is a good point, if im seeing the device in MISO, it has to be seeing it over distance. still throwing the transmit fail code :1

Offline silvereagle2208

Re: Leviton rf+ 600w dimmer + UI5
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:33 pm »
I am seeing a similar problem with a Leviton  600w dimmer switch ever since I upgraded to UI5 on my Vera 2.  I have been fighting this issue for over a week and I still have not found a solution.   From what I am experiencing, I wonder if it might be some time of timing issue and not a problem with the distance of the switch from the Vera 2 unit.

Here is a description of the problem:   I installed a 3-way Leviton VRI06-1L on my Vera 2 UI4 device.  It worked fine for several months.   Then I upgraded to  UI5 and the fun began.  I constantly received Timeout Error Code 1  when try to turn the device on/off through my Vera 2.  I also see numerous Device Cannot Be Configured messages when I try to run a Z-Wave network heal  The device still works well as a manually operated switch, but it is completely inconsistent when I use Vera to operate the switch.

I thought that perhaps I was having problems with the Z-Wave circuitry, so I replace the Leviton VRI06-1L with a non-dimming Leviton VRS05-1L switch.   Unforuntatelys the new switch shows the same timeout and error codes as the original switch.

I believe it might be a timing or response issue because occasionally I receive a Transmission OK response.  Also,  occasionally Vera will turn on the light connected to the switch even though Vera shows a Timeout Error Code 1 error in response to the On request.

Any help I can receive from the members of this forum will be greatly appreciated because the switch that is giving me the problems is located in a critical location in my network.

Offline silvereagle2208

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:02 pm »
I believe I have found the source of the problem, at least from the point of view of my Vera machine.  Since I upgrade to UI5 and the 1.5.255 firmware, my system is no longer building a full Z-wave mesh network.  The only neighbors my devices have is the Vera 2 unit.   Since there is no longer a functional mesh network, many devices have now become "out-of-range".   You might want to see if you have the same issue with your devices: do they still have several neighbors or is the Vera 2 their only neighbor?  I believe that if we can rebuild the mesh network on our machines, we should be able to solve this problem.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:39 pm »
interesting. i will look shortly and check the neighbors in each node.

Offline Dana_CMGI

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:40:20 am »
I believe I have found the source of the problem, at least from the point of view of my Vera machine.  Since I upgrade to UI5 and the 1.5.255 firmware, my system is no longer building a full Z-wave mesh network.  The only neighbors my devices have is the Vera 2 unit.   Since there is no longer a functional mesh network, many devices have now become "out-of-range".   You might want to see if you have the same issue with your devices: do they still have several neighbors or is the Vera 2 their only neighbor?  I believe that if we can rebuild the mesh network on our machines, we should be able to solve this problem.

I am having similar issues...  Many of the devices aren't finding neighbors.  This is causing a problem with the Levitonscene controllers which arent associating devices out of immediate range.

As far as the failed to configure node..  We have found that repeated repairing fixes the ones within range.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 09:34:14 am »
in the advanced tab next to "NeighborsInverse" the feild is blank. that is the only feild that says anything about neighbors.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 10:01:56 am »
ok, added the node to the "room" that it is in, and did a repair/heal. now there is a space for "neighbors"... only neighbor is "2". im guessing that is the vera. any insight on how to add manually?

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 08:36:25 am »
still having issues. about ready to just remove the switch and put it else where. :'(

Offline tremluf

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:02 am »
I am brand new to this....and just ordered these switches.

Do you need the Vizia plug in for these to work?  ....rf emulator?