Author Topic: Using Ecolink door sensor and scenes  (Read 165 times)

Offline 5boysretreat

Using Ecolink door sensor and scenes
« on: June 22, 2018, 02:53:36 pm »
Is there any way to set/program my controller to notify me (or run a scene) if the ecolink censor has been "open" for a certain amount of time?  Anyone done this?  There is a notification for each open and close so it would be the type of logic where an 'open' signal was sent without a 'close' signal within a certain amount of time?

Thx!

Offline 5boysretreat

Re: Using Ecolink door sensor and scenes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 09:48:55 am »
I actually figured this out myself and thought someone might find the solution interesting.

I added an APP called 'Countdown Timer'.  I set the duration to 300 seconds (5 minutes).  I created a scene that said to start the timer on 'Open'.  I then created another scene which said to cancel the timer on 'Close'.  I then created a notification on the Timer device which said to email me if the timer 'completes' (300 seconds runs out).  This means I get notified if the timers runs out before the door closes...ie. the door has been open for more than 5 minutes.

Eventually I could consider triggering a scene to adjust the thermostat if the timer runs out (door left open) but in reality (right now) I just want to know if this is happening a lot.  This is a vacation rental property and I want to know if people tend to leave the patio door open while the AC is cranking.  I did get a notification yesterday that the door was left open but the AC was set warmer than the inside temperature so that's a valid scenario.

Just sharing....

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 10:05:20 am »
I have a new plugin called Reactor that will do this as well. It's as simple as choosing the door sensor, then choose device value Tripped and set condition to = 1, and "for 300 seconds" in the condition options. The Reactor device is a sensor, so you can then use that to trigger a notification or scene.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline 5boysretreat

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 01:03:36 pm »
thanks for the info!  I have 2 doors going so I'll try Reactor in one of them!