Author Topic: Alternate Insteon implementation?  (Read 61022 times)

Offline fba

• If it ain't broke, I ain't touched it yet.
Re: Alternate Insteon implementation?
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:13 pm »
anemati -

Change the device type to:

urn:schemas-geektaco-info:device:EzFlora:1

And see what happens.  Also, change the ID to "01.7e.48".  It looks like there is an issue in the code that isn't ignoring the case of letters.   I'll get a fix in the next release for that issue.
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline fba

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2012, 10:20:37 pm »
Aaron -

I believe that the X10 support is mostly in place in the daemon.  It would mostly be a matter of writing the LUA code to create the devices.   However, I still have a lot to do on the Insteon pieces, so I doubt I will be getting to X10 any time soon.   If someone wanted to try to hammer out the LUA, I would be happy to help them with the daemon commands as much as possible.
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline anemati

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2012, 11:31:42 pm »
fba -

Recommended changes didn't fix it.

BTW, the changes I make to the "Run times" setting under the program tab are not saved either.

Offline fba

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »
anemati -

I want to get my EzFloras running pretty soon, so I'll probably be focusing on this during the next week or so.

For the schedule stuff, give the 0.05 version a try.  I vaguely remember some issues with how I handled the schedule stuff.  I can't remember if I fixed that in 0.04 or 0.05.

I'll let you know as I make progress.

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2012, 04:53:32 pm »
Hey fba,

I'm not an Alsteon user (yet :), but it looks like you're making great progress. As you seem to have mastered the art of the "cross-compile", I was wondering where you got your tool chains? Are you using the openwrt tarballs, or something Vera specific? I've poked around on the micasaverde wiki, forums, etc. but haven't found much info on cross compilation, so inquiring minds want to know. (I'd like to cross compile some tools for a plug-in I'm working on)

Thanks!

Hugh
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline fba

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »
Hi hugheaves -

I am hardly a master at cross compiling.  I'm just too dumb to know when to give up trying. ;)

I wrote up a post on how I did it a while back.  I can't find the post, but it was put on the wiki here : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Toolchain  (Looks like the wiki has a link to the post I couldn't find. ;)

Basically, the best answer I could find was to cheat, and use the OpenWrt build system to get a cross compiler up and running.  It was relatively painless.  Then, you have to play some games with your autoconf scripts to get them to use the cross-compiler, but I think I covered that in the post.  (If not, PM me and I'll send you some snippets from the shell script I use to build Altsteon.)

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »
I wrote up a post on how I did it a while back.  I can't find the post, but it was put on the wiki here : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Toolchain  (Looks like the wiki has a link to the post I couldn't find. ;)

Ah, duh! I missed that post too. Thanks for the info!

Hugh
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline shawn_learn

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2012, 01:52:58 am »
I am back.  I never did install altsteon on my media center (went with windows so I can have NetFlix), and since I saw that you guys were making headway with Vera2 (thank you for all this work) I thought I would install it on there.

When I perform the greps, I get:

Code: [Select]
root@MiOS_10210:/overlay/sbin# dmesg | grep "FTDI"
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI SIO
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI 8U232AM Compatible
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI FT232BM Compatible
usbserial.c: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter detected
usbserial.c: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
ftdi_sio.c: v1.3.5:USB FTDI Serial Converters Driver
root@MiOS_10210:/overlay/sbin# dmesg | grep "pl2303"
pl2303.c: Prolific PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver

I figured that this means that my plm is connected to usb 0 so I run the following command as a test:

/overlay/sbin/altsteon -p /dev/ttyUSB0
The response is:

Quitting parent.
Debug Level : 0
[5/21/2012 - 23:42:34] - --| Starting altsteon!
Unable to open port /dev/ttyUSB0!
[ERROR] [5/21/2012 - 23:42:34] - Can't communicate with PLM.

Any thoughts?  I had it working with the built in insteon support, but I want to add irrigation support.  My PLM is the dual channel (2413U).

Thank You,
Shawn
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:06:17 am by shawn_learn »

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:05 am »
Did you make sure that the native (Vera's) insteon support is turned off? Is this the only usb/serial device hooked up to vera?

- Garrett

Offline mwbehr

« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:40 am »
I should have mentioned it before, but it slipped my mind with the other issues going on. I actually had to use

/overlay/sbin/altsteon -p /dev/usb/tts/0
to get my Vera2 to connect to my PLM. I'm actually curious if there is anyone out there with a Vera2 that has been able to connect with /dev/ttyUSB0? If not, perhaps this could be added to the guide.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »
I should have mentioned it before, but it slipped my mind with the other issues going on. I actually had to use

to get my Vera2 to connect to my PLM. I'm actually curious if there is anyone out there with a Vera2 that has been able to connect with /dev/ttyUSB0? If not, perhaps this could be added to the guide.

Would I guess correct that you are using UI4?  I had UI5...  /dev/ttyUSB0 worked fine.

Offline mwbehr

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2012, 08:29:54 pm »

Would I guess correct that you are using UI4?  I had UI5...  /dev/ttyUSB0 worked fine.

Nope UI5.

Offline fba

« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »
IIRC, there was at least one other person that was seeing the same thing.  So, I will add a note to the altsteon_instructions.txt file that on the Vera 2 the path to the device may be the /dev/usb/tts/X file.

Offline shawn_learn

« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2012, 10:13:15 pm »
altsteon -p /dev/usb/tts/0worked!

Thanks mwbehr!

now for the xml and script part!

Thanks!