General > Irrigation Control

Rain8 16-zone control box (RS232) free to good home...

(1/2) > >>

rlmalisz:
A few years back, we started playing with the RS232 version of these irrigation controllers.  My SO had a 16-zone Hunter we wanted to replace.  I worked with someone I was pointed to by WGL to have a 16-zone unit, made up of two ganged Rain8s, with surge protection circuitry and indicator lights to show when zones were on.  Before I ever got that online as a replacement for her Hunter, we bought our current house together.  The wiring at the existing controller here only supports eight zones.  We've added more stuff at the other end of the house, but that is on it's own 8-zone controller--one of the newer Rain8 "pro" units...still RS232, but has programmable watchdog timers per zone, indicator lights, on/off buttons at the unit.  For our needs, this will work better.

So I have this box, which easily cost $250 to put together, that I have no use for.  I'd like to find it a home, and due to its fairly geeky nature, thought this might be a place where someone who could use it or take it on as a project/plaything might wander by.  I really can't take this to Goodwill, Habitat, or even a computer-recycler like FreeGeek and expect them to do anything but scrap it--if they'll even take it.

If you want it, it's yours--you pay shipping.  Let me know.

--Richard

kartcon:
Richard,

Yeah, I would be interested. Sorry, but I can't PM yet - still a 'newbie'. I can be reached at [redacted email address for privacy]. Yes, that is my real email address, just replace the word 'at' with the proper symbol. Thank you.

kartcon aka Art

yoabear:
I will take it if it is not alreay gone.

Paypal armed and ready to send payment for shipping.

email at [redacted email address for privacy].

rlmalisz:

--- Quote from: yoabear on January 10, 2012, 02:41:50 pm ---I will take it if it is not alreay gone.

Paypal armed and ready to send payment for shipping.

email at [redacted email address for privacy]

--- End quote ---

Sorry...my first offer sent me PayPal for shipping last night, and it's on its way to him.

--Richard

yoabear:
Darn....

I wish they would add a classified section....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version