We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?  (Read 21120 times)

Offline aecchalet

Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:34:48 am »
I downloaded the "Virtual Switch" app from the Mios Marketplace. I now find a device called "Virtual Switch" in the Device/Other tab of my dashboard.  When I click on the "Off" or "On" button, should they change color or otherwise indicate some change?
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 1xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 1xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolts Schlage

Offline chixxi

Re: Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:03:39 am »
I published this plugin to make it simple to create virtual switches. In the first version which just passed the release process the icon does not change. I will release an update including that next week.

You can use them for example as trigger in scenes or in luup code too. In example I have a virtual switch called "Auto Scenes". I use this to deactivate all automated scenes by using the following luup code in my scenes:

Code: [Select]
autoscene = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1","Status",DeviceID)
if(autoscene=="1")then
return true
else
return false
end

And yes it works in UI5, at least for me and since it went through the approval process from micasaverde they should have tested it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:35:06 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:53 pm »
I downloaded the "Virtual Switch" app from the Mios Marketplace. I now find a device called "Virtual Switch" in the Device/Other tab of my dashboard.  When I click on the "Off" or "On" button, should they change color or otherwise indicate some change?

I am using a virtual switch in UI5 which I made using:

Device file: D_BinaryLight1.xml
Implementation file: I_VirtualSwitch.xml

It works great.

EDIT: If you don't see the VirtualSwitch implementation file on your list, you can upload the attached file.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:18:23 pm by CMRancho »
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:07:11 am »
What CMRancho is saying is completely correct.

Basically I published the plugin for users which do not want to handle their plugin files manually.

I am also planning/working on adding some additional features. For example I created separate icons, but at the moment they can not be published through apps.mios.com. Another feature I want to implement is being able to set the button texts via variables.

When publishing I decided not to use the default binary light icons to be able to see in the UI which are virtual and which are real switches. That is the reason why the virtual device does not change its icon at the moment. But they work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:11:10 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »
What CMRancho is saying is completely correct.

Basically I published the plugin for users which do not want to handle their plugin files manually.

I am also planning/working on adding some additional features. For example I created separate icons, but at the moment they can not be published through apps.mios.com. Another feature I want to implement is being able to set the button texts via variables.

When publishing I decided not to use the default binary light icons to be able to see in the UI which are virtual and which are real switches. That is the reason why the virtual device does not change its icon at the moment. But they work.

@chixxi

How do I add more than one Virtual Switch?  Thanks for this!

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »
@chixxi

How do I add more than one Virtual Switch?  Thanks for this!
I was able to add an additional switch by going to:
Apps -> Develop Apps -> Create Device
Enter the following two items:
Upnp Device Filename: D_VSwitch.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_VSwitch.xml

Click "Create Device" and then "Reload" to restart LUA.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline chixxi

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 02:18:41 am »
@PurdueGuy: If you are using UI5 there is a simpler solution. The steps you made are only required for UI4.

Please see the steps on howto add additional virtual switches here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9219.msg60722.html#msg60722

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
I have a virtual switch working great in UI5 (many thanks to chixxi for making it easy for us simpletons!) Now I'm trying to create one for UI4, Using the steps from @purdueGuy I end with with a device with no buttons (no on or off) tried using CMRanchos filenames from this thread (using purdueGuys steps) and got a device with buttons but whenever I press them I get "delivery failed" Can someone tell me the exact steps to create working virtual device in UI4 ? Thanks  8)
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:19:37 pm »
[...] working virtual device in UI4 ?
I use (currently on UI5) the original Virtual StateDevice version from the repository. After downloading the zip file (State Device 0.1.zip) with a D_ and I_ file, upload the two, and create a device based on D_StateDevice.xml. Restart Lua.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »
[...] working virtual device in UI4 ?
I use (currently on UI5) the original Virtual StateDevice version from the repository. After downloading the zip file (State Device 0.1.zip) with a D_ and I_ file, upload the two, and create a device based on D_StateDevice.xml. Restart Lua.
Thanks much for the reply oTi, alas I am dumber than you think, I dont know how one "uploads" these files, after upload is the "create device" same as steps in post above?
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 12:39:01 pm »
[...] how one "uploads" these files, after upload is the "create device" same as steps in post above?
Don't have a UI4 handy right now, but the wiki page should cover it for UI4.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:49 pm »
[...] how one "uploads" these files, after upload is the "create device" same as steps in post above?
Don't have a UI4 handy right now, but the wiki page should cover it for UI4.
Oh what a slacker I should have searched that out!  :P  Anyway thanks again, I havn't worked much with plugin files 

Offline jin

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 09:14:19 pm »
I published this plugin to make it simple to create virtual switches. In the first version which just passed the release process the icon does not change. I will release an update including that next week.

I chixxi,

Thank you very much for your useful plugin.

I'm experiencing only a little problem when using vera mobile apps like SQRemote (iPAD) or AuthomationHD (Android).
the VSwitch doesn't change the state ON/OFF and the icon is a '?' (so it's unusable with these software. It's works great only from vera UI5 web interface)

Is this related of type of switch you used?
It's possible to transform VSwitch into a real light switch?

Let's me know.

Best Regards

Offline chixxi

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 04:53:40 am »
That is a difficult topic. As for the moment it is not clearly defined how development of plugins for the vera and third party apps to control the vera is supposed to work together. See the following topics:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9299.msg61417.html#msg61417
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9345.0.html

Offline jin

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:45 am »
Hi chixxi,

thank you for the reply.

a question:

if I change the device_type from:

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1

to

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

it stop working?

That is a difficult topic. As for the moment it is not clearly defined how development of plugins for the vera and third party apps to control the vera is supposed to work together. See the following topics:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9299.msg61417.html#msg61417
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9345.0.html