We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?  (Read 21093 times)

Offline martynwendon

Re: Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:56 am »

I chixxi,

Thank you very much for your useful plugin.

I'm experiencing only a little problem when using vera mobile apps like SQRemote (iPAD) or AuthomationHD (Android).
the VSwitch doesn't change the state ON/OFF and the icon is a '?' (so it's unusable with these software. It's works great only from vera UI5 web interface)

Is this related of type of switch you used?
It's possible to transform VSwitch into a real light switch?

Let's me know.

Best Regards

For SQRemote, you can "backup" your configuration to box.net and then edit the xml file "PackageControlPads.xml" to change the ServiceID for the appropriate VSwitch device id to be "VSwitch1".  Then simply "restore" the ammended configuration back too SQRemote.

Hope that helps!

Martyn

Offline chixxi

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:24 am »
@martynwendon: very nice! never had time to look into the backup files of sqremote. thanks for posting!
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:15:05 pm »
I tried adding a virtual switch to SQ Remote HD, and am also having difficulties.

I assigned the buttons to  virtual switches called "Home" and "Vacation" but the status isn't filled in (see attached photo).  I tried going to the backup configuration to edit it, but it looks like it is already correct.

In PackageDevices.xml, I have the following 2 lines:
Code: [Select]
<device_configuration key="MCV49-XXXXX" transport_protocol="VERA_UPNP" name="Vacation" manufacturer="" model="" device_type="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1" device_id="49" location="Home-Away" gateway_id="XXXXX" command_protocol="vera" ms_delay="500" ir_channel="0"/>
<device_configuration key="MCV35-XXXXX" transport_protocol="VERA_UPNP" name="Home" manufacturer="" model="" device_type="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1" device_id="35" location="Home-Away" gateway_id="XXXXX" command_protocol="vera" ms_delay="500" ir_channel="0"/>

Any thoughts?  I can submit a ticket to Square Connect.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:17 pm »
I tried adding a virtual switch to SQ Remote HD, and am also having difficulties.

I assigned the buttons to  virtual switches called "Home" and "Vacation" but the status isn't filled in (see attached photo).  I tried going to the backup configuration to edit it, but it looks like it is already correct.

In PackageDevices.xml, I have the following 2 lines:
Code: [Select]
<device_configuration key="MCV49-XXXXX" transport_protocol="VERA_UPNP" name="Vacation" manufacturer="" model="" device_type="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1" device_id="49" location="Home-Away" gateway_id="XXXXX" command_protocol="vera" ms_delay="500" ir_channel="0"/>
<device_configuration key="MCV35-XXXXX" transport_protocol="VERA_UPNP" name="Home" manufacturer="" model="" device_type="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:VSwitch:1" device_id="35" location="Home-Away" gateway_id="XXXXX" command_protocol="vera" ms_delay="500" ir_channel="0"/>

Any thoughts?  I can submit a ticket to Square Connect.
Darn it...replying to myself again!  Never mind!

Turns out my "PackageControlPads.xml" had TONS of whitespace/newlines, and I thought it was nearly empty.

I changed the "SwitchPower1" to "VSwitch1" in 2 places for each switch, and we are good to go!

I think I will still file a ticket with Square Connect, since the SQ Remote knows it's a virtual switch, so it could do this itself.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline chixxi

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 03:35:59 am »
Thanks for replying to your self.  ;) I do very much appreciate users which do not only solve their problems themselves but also post the solution afterwards.

If I remember that correctly I have already sent an eMail to SQ asking for that feature. But I still think opening a ticket would help to show that this is needed.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 09:13:36 am »
I tried the Edit in SQ remote for my virtual switch device 110

I still don't get it to update on SQ remote...  I'm sure I did something wrong.

This is what I edited:

embedded_subview x="12.000000" y="188.500000" name="-11.500000,181.500000" z_position="0.000000">
        <subview name="SensorControl_1" imageName="" isBackgroundImage="false" width="175.000000" height="55.000000" drawBorder="false" isMCVScene="false" device_category="10" entirePanel="false">
          <button name="ControlElement_1193642546" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="0.000000" class_name="SQUIActionButton" title="" normal_background_icon="jpm_btnBlackGlassy175x55.png" highlighted_background_icon="jpm_btnGlassPressed175x55.png" foreground_icon="" show_touch="false">
            <command_mapping device_key="MCV" control_state="N/A" isParameterized="false" command_name="SetArmed" learn_date="0" SQKeyCode="0" support_ph="true" gateway_id="30002453">
              <action_parameter name="deviceNumber" value="110"/>
              <action_parameter name="variableName" value="NewArmedValue"/>
              <action_parameter name="serviceName" value="VSwitch1"/>
            </command_mapping>
            <rectangle x="0.000000" y="0.000000" width="175.000000" height="55.000000"/>
          </button>
          <label name="ControlElement_1194011639" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="2.000000" title="New Label" size="14.000000" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1">
            <datasource name="MCV" gateway_id="30002453">
              <datasource_parameter name="deviceNumber" value="110"/>
              <datasource_parameter name="variableName" value="Armed"/>
              <datasource_parameter name="serviceName" value="VSwitch1"/>
            </datasource>
            <rectangle x="5.500000" y="6.100000" width="74.000000" height="24.799999"/>
            <label_model_state state="1" title="Armed" size="14.000000" alignment="left" color="#33cc00" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" provisionalColor="#ecef0c" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="default" title="State" size="14.000000" alignment="left" color="#ffffff" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" provisionalColor="#ecef0c" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="0" title="Bypass" size="14.000000" alignment="left" color="#ff0000" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" provisionalColor="#ecef0c" allowPassThru="false"/>
          </label>
          <label name="ControlElement_1194201515" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="3.000000" title="New Label" size="14.000000" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1">
            <datasource name="MCV" gateway_id="30002453">
              <datasource_parameter name="deviceNumber" value="110"/>
              <datasource_parameter name="variableName" value="Tripped"/>
              <datasource_parameter name="serviceName" value="VSwitch1"/>

Please show me the error of my ways !

Offline JOD

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:33 am »
It's a similar issue with the regular Smartphone app too. iVera shows it as "unsupported"
MCV has been made aware of it.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:56 am »
Have a look at the bottom of this post.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=9716.msg70794.msg#70794

- Garrett

Offline jimpapa

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 01:37:55 pm »
Thanks!...

This looks great ... testing in SQ remote now

And It works GREAT!... 

Am I pushing my luck for this:
Any way to change   ON / Off   to Arm - Disarm ?

Thanks for this... Great!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:46:14 pm by jimpapa »

Offline chris66

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:40 am »
@chixxi, I just installed virtual switch, seems great! My question is, is it possible  via an http post (or bat file with some script...) or something external to Vera to switch on virtual switch? For example, I have an external application WebcamXP (IP cams) and would like to trigger the swith when motion detection is activated. Not a good programmer. Is it possible with virtual switch? Thanks chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

Offline chris66

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 05:45:12 am »
Thank you very much Garrett! Your help is very appreciated! Now it works great  :) :) :)

Offline Dolphran

Feature Request for Virtual Switch
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
I would like to ask for an additional button on the UI of Virtual Switch (selectable in a scene) - a "Toggle" button.  It simply turns the switch on if it is off and visa versa.  (If this is not the right thread to ask this, please point me to the right place).

Thanks!

Offline chixxi

Re: Feature Request for Virtual Switch
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 04:10:54 pm »
I would like to ask for an additional button on the UI of Virtual Switch (selectable in a scene) - a "Toggle" button.  It simply turns the switch on if it is off and visa versa.  (If this is not the right thread to ask this, please point me to the right place).

Thanks!

Sounds like a nice idea, I'll have a look at it and then update the plugin...

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Does "Virtual State" app from Marketplace work in UI5?
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »
chixxi, if you don't want to clutter the device dashboard with another button, you can make the icon itself into a toggle button. BinaryLight devices do this already, so it may be a good application of the Principle of Least Surprise.

I believe it is implemented with an action in the HaDevice1 namespace. Also a field has to be added to the static JSON file to tell the UI that the icon is clickable. Sorry I don't have the details with me, but you can look at the BinaryLight as an example.

Edit: No, this doesn't appear to be present in UI5 on the regular dashboard.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:28:11 pm by futzle »