Author Topic: An Error Occurred...  (Read 2585 times)

Offline yonorri

An Error Occurred...
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:08:05 am »
Hi All,

Been successfully using v1.2 of the App since before Christmas, however over this weekend at some point I started getting the following error when opening the app:

'An error occurred.
ERROR: Received empty response.'

Once the app is running if I sned a command to a device I get the usual 'Command sent' message followed a bit later by the above error.

Usng the web UI I see that my commands are being received, as lights are responding, however I get no indication returned to the app.

Any help with this would be most useful as this is a brilliant little app.

Offline yonorri

Re: An Error Occurred...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:13 am »
Now this is strange, because 24 hours later it is all working perfectly again...

???

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »
Shame one me for not noticing this thread. Usually this happens when the json data that the app relies on is empty or is not complete. However for your case, it looks like MCV is having issues with their remote servers. I had issues earlier with my Vera 3 trying to communicate with the app via their remote servers. My vera 3 was using fwd1.mios.com as the remote server address and it now looks like it is using fwd2.mios.com. The application should have tried the backup server when an error occurred trying to get the data. It looks like I did not implement this for when the json data is empty or did not come back complete. I will try and correct this.

- Garrett

Offline localuser

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »
I just downloaded the app and everytime I try to open a room I get the error message
The application AutHomation (process com.garrettpower.authomation) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

I am connected locally.

I have been using the homebuddy app and it does open the rooms and turn devices on so I am not sure what the issue is.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:17:25 am »
It looks like there might be a parsing issue with your setup, can you provide me with your lu_sdata? You can issue the following link here:

http://veraip:3480/data_request?id=lu_sdata

Change veraip to the ip address of your vera unit. If their is any sensitive data, e.g. passwords for ip cameras, you can go to http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to format the data and carefully remove the sensitive info. Another thing you can try and to go into Android Settings -> Manage Applications -> AutHomation/AutHomationHD -> Clear Data. Try and setup your settings again and see if that corrects your issue. I would assume you are running AutHomation? What version of Android are your running and what type of device?

- Garrett

If you are willing to send me the lu_sdata, you can send it to garrett.power AT gmail Dot com

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:47 am »
same here, on new version only when I click on scenes I get an error message and a force close. I'm using a droidx, went back to older version and it works fine
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:16:51 am »
Which version are you using that is working? Did you clear the application data before installing the new version? (Android Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> AutHomation/AutHomationHD -> Clear Data) And try and reinstall the newer version?

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:47:30 am »
I found the cause of the problem. Thanks pgrover516 for pointing out that the error happened when clicking on the scene section. I have uploaded a newer version 1.3.3 that has the fix. Let me know if the issue is resolved and if there are any other errors.

For future reference, please me more specific with the problems. Try and tell me how to reproduce the issue by what you were doing. For example, "opened the application, clicked on the scenes button and the application force closed" or "clicked on the device button, selected a room and the application force closed". The more information I have the faster I can track down these issues.

- Garrett

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »
Loaded ver 1.3.3 and it's working great, Thanks as always for your excellent work!
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:31:54 pm »
Thanks for confirming that the newer version fixed the issue. Glad to provide to the community.

- Garrett