We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 3 Way Switches  (Read 1717 times)

Offline SirRod

3 Way Switches
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »
I'm just starting out here and probably asking a question that's been ask many times over but what are my best opions for 3 way switches.  I looked at a diagram on a Intermatic CA3000 which shows using a regular 3-way switch for the second switch but from the way I look at that diagram I don't see how the controller will know what state the switch is in.  Am I missing something there?

I'm also interested in adding a 3 way switch in a couple of places where I currently don't have one.  Would it be possible to wire the second switch only to 110V with no load and then use it as a trigger for a scene that would turn another switch on our off?

Any suggestions on either topic or directions to appropriate links would be appreciated.

Offline markbawden

Re: 3 Way Switches
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:50:00 am »
Hi, I assume by three way you mean you want to turn one light off from three different places?  If so I've just done that with 2 fibaro dimmers, it was in a upstairs downstairs situation with an existing two way set up: one light upstairs, operated by a switch up stairs, and one down stairs and a second light downstairs operated by two switches at either end of a hallway.  I put a dimmer module behind one switch in each lighting circuit, so that the 2 way switch circuit opened or closed s1 on the fibaro unit, then on one unit, (the upstairs module), i added a single pole switch to s2 on the module, and then associated it, (switch/group s2) with the other module. now i have 3 two way switches in three locations that toggle the state of the light. i hope this is clear, if not i can draw a quick diagram of the circuit.

Offline evilution1x

Re: 3 Way Switches
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:23:18 am »
hi there markbawden
i will be doing a similar situationan with the fabaro dimmer module. At the moment, i am struggling with the one way switch!!!!
can you send me a quick diagram to comfirm i am doing it all right please..???

regards
david
david@dm-installations.co.uk