Author Topic: UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene  (Read 14165 times)

Offline Turk4U2

Re: UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »
The OFF-button does not work, which is why you see the red flashing LED.
It seems one can only use the ON button to evoke a scene.

I found this one quite useful:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1960.msg7383.html#msg7383
VERA3 1.5.346/UI5, Horstmann thermostats, Fibaro switches and dimmers, Duwi screen and blind controllers, DSC1832/IT-100, Foscam camera's, Remotec URC-Z 550

Offline Turk4U2

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:01 pm »
The OFF-button does not work, which is why you see the red flashing LED.
It seems one can only use the ON button to evoke a scene.

I found this one quite useful:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1960.msg7383.html#msg7383

So they are working on it:
http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=631
VERA3 1.5.346/UI5, Horstmann thermostats, Fibaro switches and dimmers, Duwi screen and blind controllers, DSC1832/IT-100, Foscam camera's, Remotec URC-Z 550

Offline khyizang

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 05:21:16 pm »
@Turk4U2

I looked at the bug reports you linked to.  I hadn't thought to try unhooking Vera and seeing if the 45600 would run the scenes correctly.  Turns out it does!  The green led flashes much longer than usual with each button press which ends with a single flash from the red led.  Looks like the culprit is Vera and how it is responding to the remote's key presses. 

MCV is missing an opportunity to capitalize upon the situation presented by the current supply of cheap 45600s.   We're talking about X10-like prices.  The remotes are incredibly handy and make living with Vera much more pleasant.  Comparably speaking, the iPhone/iPad options are slower and more cumbersome.   Access to cheap remotes has made it possible to place one in multiple locations.  It's an enabling situation.  I couldn't predict ahead of time how much nicer that would make things.  It's made me more inclined to extend further into the realm of HA. 

It's also helping to win over the Mrs.  She doesn't do geek, but she will, happily, pick up a device and push a button.  The 45000, flawed as it is, has been a turning point for her attitude on all this.   That could be good for MCV.  After our burglary, her comments resulted in quite a few of her friends installing alarm systems and/or updating their existing ones.   If she warms to Vera, maybe her friends will, too.  So, MCV, please fix the problems with this remote ASAP and maybe that will help us help you.

Offline khyizang

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »
@Turk4U2

I've found that the off button does work for scenes, so long as all the devices in the scene are zwave - with the caveat that sometimes the Vera/45600 get their wires crossed and make up things.  Disconnecting Vera made it possible to turn on scenes and turn them off as expected by using the 45600.

The problems I've had with the off button have involved scenes containing INSTEON and/or X10 devices.  Vera/45600 will put those devices to the intended state with the ON button, but the off button only affects the z wave devices.  That problem relates to the problem discussed in the link in your recent post.

Similarly, I've noted that the remote usually ends successful commands with two green led flashes.  The red led flash seems to indicate a problem in communication, either with a device or Vera (which I guess is also a device).  It's not normal for either the ON button response or the Off button response - at least in my limited experiences with the beast.

I continue to be delighted that folks are keeping this topic on the front burner.  I'd love to see this issue resolved.

Offline kkl

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 09:12:36 pm »
MCV is missing an opportunity to capitalize upon the situation presented by the current supply of cheap 45600s.   

I absolutely agree!  $6/remote is crazy.  Another issue though is that whenever you "update" your 45600, it wipes out the Light and Group associations, so you have to roam round the house to set those up again.  What a PITA.  So for my 45600s, I'm not using Vera-originated scenes and for my HA07, I'm only using Vera scenes and no specific device associations.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 09:44:54 pm »
Another issue though is that whenever you "update" your 45600, it wipes out the Light and Group associations, so you have to roam round the house to set those up again.  What a PITA.  So for my 45600s, I'm not using Vera-originated scenes and for my HA07, I'm only using Vera scenes and no specific device associations.
I still can't program individual lights, even with with .346.
These remotes must have different firmware versions or something that they are acting different.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »
I've found that the off button does work for scenes, so long as all the devices in the scene are zwave -
Precisely. It is the remote that takes care of turning devices off; so that will only work for devices the remote can natively control. There's various previous threads on that.

Being able to control individual devices may be related to the firmware in the remote, as it appears to be working for some users, but not others.

Being able to run the scenes properly may be related to Vera.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline kkl

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:10 am »
Another issue though is that whenever you "update" your 45600, it wipes out the Light and Group associations, so you have to roam round the house to set those up again.  What a PITA.  So for my 45600s, I'm not using Vera-originated scenes and for my HA07, I'm only using Vera scenes and no specific device associations.
I still can't program individual lights, even with with .346.
These remotes must have different firmware versions or something that they are acting different.
That's odd.  I am running 1.5.346, but I'm also using Z-wave version 2.78 instead of 3.20.  Could the 45600 have a problem with 3.20?

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 01:02:39 am »
That's odd.  I am running 1.5.346, but I'm also using Z-wave version 2.78 instead of 3.20.  Could the 45600 have a problem with 3.20?
At this rate, anything is possible!

Going to go over this again, just to make sure.
To program a single button on the 45600 to control a single dimmer switch, you do the following:
1) Press/hold SETUP (both red and green blink twice)
2) Press ADD once (red blinks once)
3) Press LIGHT once (red blinks once)
4) Press the digit on the remote you want to assign the device to
5) Press the button on the device (switch/dimmer/module)
6) Green blinks twice to confirm

Is that correct?

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:47 am »
Could the 45600 have a problem with 3.20?
I excluded that (at least as it relates to individual assignments) based on @khyizang's report.

Offline khyizang

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 01:28:54 am »
Hi PurdueGuy,

The sequence you describe is exactly what I do and works for me.  Current firmware is 1.5.346.   Z wave is reported by Vera to be 3.20 L:1  I'm running UI5 on a Vera3.  I don't have a way to check any of the parameters on the 45600.  In the battery compartment, there are two decals: 8900BG0-R  and G080910.  I have no idea if those are relevant or not.

Vera reports the manufacturer as Universal Electronics Inc.  Capabilities assigned are: 18,134,0,1,1,1,|33,114,134,

Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9, even though this unit should be able to invoke 18 scenes using the shift button.   Hmmm.

Maybe somewhere in all that there is an explanation for why we're having such different results with the manual programming.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 01:35:13 am »
Hi PurdueGuy,

The sequence you describe is exactly what I do and works for me.  Current firmware is 1.5.346.   Z wave is reported by Vera to be 3.20 L:1  I'm running UI5 on a Vera3.  I don't have a way to check any of the parameters on the 45600.  In the battery compartment, there are two decals: 8900BG0-R  and G080910.  I have no idea if those are relevant or not.

Vera reports the manufacturer as Universal Electronics Inc.  Capabilities assigned are: 18,134,0,1,1,1,|33,114,134,

Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9, even though this unit should be able to invoke 18 scenes using the shift button.   Hmmm.

Maybe somewhere in all that there is an explanation for why we're having such different results with the manual programming.
My capabilities and manufacturer are identical.  The 1 sticker is the same, the other is not.
They are G093211 and 8900BG0-R
I'm guess one is a date code, and another an internal model number?

I have an unopened 45600 that I might just have to open now!

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 01:36:29 am »
Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9,[...]
That reminds me, I believe that's another issue with the upper 9 scenes.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 01:40:27 am »
Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9,[...]
That reminds me, I believe that's another issue with the upper 9 scenes.
Mine has "LastSceneID" set to whatever the last scene I invoked from the remote.  So it changes to be a number between 1 and 6 for me (I only have 6 scenes to far programmed to the remote).

Offline Turk4U2

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 03:44:47 am »
Just for clarity:

So the OFF-button works for z-wave devices, but only if the scenes have been transferred to and are run by the remote.
And when only using the remote buttons to trigger devices to be executed by VERA, and NOT by the remote itself, the OFF-buttons do not work which is a limitation by VERA as explained here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1960.msg7383.html#msg7383

Correct ?