Author Topic: UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene  (Read 13747 times)

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 07:33:07 am »
Correct ?
Correct, with the exception that it is a limitation of the remote, not Vera. The remote was designed to be used as a stand-alone device, and not necessarily the way it is being used with Vera.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline kkl

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:58 am »

Going to go over this again, just to make sure.
To program a single button on the 45600 to control a single dimmer switch, you do the following:
1) Press/hold SETUP (both red and green blink twice)
2) Press ADD once (red blinks once)
3) Press LIGHT once (red blinks once)
4) Press the digit on the remote you want to assign the device to
5) Press the button on the device (switch/dimmer/module)
6) Green blinks twice to confirm

Is that correct?

If you haven't already, you might try clearing the remote first with the 969 code before adding it as a secondary to Vera with 967...Can you add individual lights to the remote when it's the primary (after 969 reset)?

Offline kkl

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 05:11:17 pm »
I'm basically just bumping this thread.  I tried again to add scenes from Vera to a 45600.  Got the same result:  1 correct scene runs + 1 incorrect scene runs.  No update on the issue from MCV:  http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2083.  I wonder what the problem is in correcting it.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »
Given how the remote won't control lights directly (like the instructions say), at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they remote is sending out false button presses and just confusing things.

Has anyone watched the traffic across the TTY interface to see what is really going on?
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline automator.app

UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 04:02:11 pm »
Aaron (MCV) looked into this and bought these remotes to test.  He says it will be fixed in the next firmware.  I have it to test the issue but have not yet had time to verify the issue is resolved.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline kkl

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »
He says it will be fixed in the next firmware.
Great news!  Thanks for the info.

Offline drag0n

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 05:34:54 pm »
I hope this will also be fixed for the Remotec 550 which has a similar bug
http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2264
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline Rafaelmex

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »
Hello:

I have been experiencing erratic scene by the GE 45600 also. I have a Vera2 with firmware 1.1.1350, looking forward to receive Vera 3 and Vera Lite this week, I have done some arrangements of the scenes to try to find a relation of which scene button miss commands which scene.

If I have all 9 scenes programmed I get the same behavior ass automator.app in post
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9177.msg60370.html#msg60370

If I only control 1 light for each scene from 2 till 9 I get a constant behavior.
2 calls 2
3 calls 3 and 2
4 calls 4 and 3
5 calls 5 and 4
6 calls 6 and 5

9 calls 9 and 8

I hope this helps somehow and I will keep track of this issue. I will be testing other controllers as second controller and await for a fix of this bug.

Regards

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »
@Rafaelmex,

Welcome!

Right; as far as I've been able to observe, the remote appears to be sending the right information, but the mapping from scenes to buttons inside Vera is off.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline drag0n

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:01 pm »
Finally fixed in beta 1.5.401  :D
My remotec 550 has now 10 working scene keys.
Scene 0: Off key
Scenes 1 -8, run correctly
Scene 9, runs with shift-1
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 01:30:43 pm »
Are you running this build? If you are sorry to inform you that this is a private beta build and does have issues with scene controller. They had to revert the changes and push out a new beta build. Please do not run a build that is not released to the public. You will not get any support.

- Garrett

Offline kkl

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:01 pm »
Somehow, I missed the release of firmware 1.5.408 and didn't get it installed until today.  I was looking forward to trying it out with a 45600 and am disappointed to find similar problems.  I did a factory reset on the 45600, added it to Vera2, created a scene trigger for buttons 1, 2, and 13 to test, and uploaded those to the 45600.  Button 1 controls its scene, but so does buttons 3 and 6 (for On, but not for Off).  I didn't find a duplicate for button 2.  Button 13 (shift 4) is interesting; it seems to control its light for On without going through Vera2.

If scene control is working properly for others, it lends credence to the idea that there are different versions of the 45600 and suggests that MCV used a different version for testing. 

Offline Handyman

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 12:06:20 am »
Just to keep the thread alive:

Just got a 45600 with prety low expectations. I just wanted to be able to turn lights on if something goes bump in the night. Coupled successfully with VeraLite. I have scenes set up in VeraLite to turn on all lights, interior lights and exterior lights.

Button 1 linked to every light scene
Button 2 linked to exterior light scene
Button 3 linked to interior light scene

I have found that the buttons generally do what is expected, but Vera loses the ability to accurately determine the state of the lights. For example, if I turn all of the interior lights on and off via the remote, Vera still thinks many of the interior lights are on.

Moreover, buttons 4-9 (which have not been assigned to anything) turn on every light in the house.

In MCV still working on this issue? Since I am only loking to use this thing as a panic button, it isn't a major issue, but they can surely do better...

PS: To whom it may concern: in the verification one must complete to post, you note that granite is a mineral. Granite is in fact an igneous rock composed of several different minerals.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 12:10:31 am »
I have found that the buttons generally do what is expected, but Vera loses the ability to accurately determine the state of the lights. For example, if I turn all of the interior lights on and off via the remote, Vera still thinks many of the interior lights are on.
Since Vera transfers the scene to the remote, the remote talks directly to the lights/devices, and sets their state.  When the remote does it directly, Vera will be "out of the loop" until the device is polled.  Depending on the size of the network, that can take a while.

What brand of devices?  Certain devices that support the "hail" command (Leviton, Cooper, etc), will report status directly to Vera.  GE & Intermatic won't, so only polling will get the state of the device.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline vinicius.vbf

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »
Hi guys! Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but, 2 years later, I'm still suffering with the wrong scene being activated by both of my remote controllers (GE 45600 and Remotec ZURC500). Was this issue ever corrected? I saw someone saying that the build 1.5.401 had this bug fixed. Is it back on release 1.5.622?

I have a Vera 3 device with UI 5 (1.5.622) and I'm having a really hard time making things to work with it.

Can anyone help me please? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!