We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Duwi.me wall switches  (Read 9705 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
New Duwi.me wall switches
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:01:57 pm »
Today I took delivery of the new Duwi.ME wall switch.  Like the other Duwi.ME equipment, it consists of Duwi hardware resold with more advanced firmware.  In this case, it's a battery operated remote that can be mounted over a patress box or stuck to the wall with tape.

The nice thing about the new firmware in these is that they can be configured for double and triple clicks. Also,they are apparently scene-capable under UI5, with the ability to trigger scenes on single, double and triple clicks. I haven't tried this as I am on UI4, but it won't be long before I upgrade probably :). But in any case, it looks like we'll have a little more choice now when it comes to scene controllers for the eu market
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New Duwi.me wall switches
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »
I installed a duwi.me switch today. Single clicks works fine, but I can't get the promised double-click to work in ui5.
Any suggestions?

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:06:43 pm »
You need to enable double clicks in the device parameters.  See this manual, it's more extensive and has all the settable parameters: http://www.domotica-shop.nl/files/images/ZME_06443_UserManual.pdf
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:52 pm »
Thanks! Double clicks now seem to work a bit....
I included the actual switch in association group nr 2. All switches included in association group nr 2 react to double clicks, accept the actual duwe.me switch. Any ideas?

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:39:23 am »
Anybody managed to get a duwe.me device to control a scene under ui5?
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:11:03 pm »
I've just switched to UI5, and I was able to get this thing to control scenes.  Couple of things to note:

1) You need to set configuration parameters 13 and 14 to a value of 3.  This will enable scene controlling

2) The scene numbers as mentioned in the manual seem to be out of whack.  Try adding the following triggers to your scene:
- Scene #0 is activated: corresponds to single click up
- Scene #1 is activated: hold up
- Scene #4 is activated: hold down
- Scene #5 is activated: double click up

I haven't found the other scenes yet....

Offline H.Storm

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:47 am »
Hi guys.

If you're still wondering which scene numbers to put in the triggers for the Duwi.me controller to work with UI5, here it goes:

Single  Click Up - 1
Single Click Down - 2

Single Click Up Hold - 11
          --||--        Release - 5
Single Click Down Hold - 12
          --||--        Release - 13

Double Click Up - 6
Double Click Down - 9

Double Click Up Hold - 10
          --||--         Release - 15
Double Click Down Hold - 14
          --||--         Release - 16

The interesting thing is, that if you're watching the logs, the scene number in LastSceneID corresponds to the values in the original Duwi.me controller manual, but the sl_SceneActivated shows the values from the above table (the actions invoked were Single Click Up Hold and then Release). Could anyone smarter than me try to explain that ? Who's fault is that ? Duewi's (well, technically speaking Zwave.me) firmware or Vera's ?

Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 7 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_SceneActivated was: 11 now: 5 #hooks: 4 upnp: 0 v:0xd691a0/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2c037680>
Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 7 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: LastSceneID was: 3 now: 5

H.Storm
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:07:58 am by H.Storm »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »
Mine is definitely behaving differently (I tried all those scene numbers and more besides).  If I check the Z-wave packets in the log file and press the buttons, the actions and scene numbers listed in the Duewi.ME manual correspond 100% to the scene numbers in the Z-wave packets, but Vera is only picking up the 4 I mentioned, and using incorrect scene numbers.  I have sent this data to MCV and ZME.  The manufacturer pointed out that the Z-wave data is as expected and corresponds to the manual.  MCV is still looking into it.

Offline H.Storm

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:44:17 pm »
Ouch, that clearly indicates the problem with Vera. You have just confirmed, what I've observed; in the logs it shows correct scenes being detected, the only difference is, in my VeraLite there's just a mix-up with the scene numbers being used for the triggers (again, what might be the possible cause of that ?) and in your Vera3 it triggers around third of them only ...

The only thing that worries me, is the fact that with current swiftness of MCV support that issue might not be sorted quickly enough and might just add to the pile of things that are still unresolved despite being raised months ago (vide Ap15e fights with MCV support ...)

Offline drag0n

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »
Vera has a similar problem detecting scene buttons pressed on the Remotec 550: http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2264

In fact it seems like a general bug in Vera's handling of scene controllers.

See: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9177.0.html
I think it's about time MCV give this bug a higher priority..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:00:10 pm by drag0n »
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »
I think my unit is buggered...  I spent some time on the phone with Vera support.  We managed to get the device excluded from the network, but after that we could not get it included again, nor did it react to another exclude.  Factory resetting it gives me a solid red led (=failed).

Offline Motti74

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »
I have bought the duewi.me controller 06443 as well and initially it did not work.
I called tech support and they helped me out.
The trick is that you need to be on the correct firmware which is currently 401 for the Vera 2.
Use following link in the Setup-Firmware-Custom firmware to update to 401 UI5:
h..p://download.mios.com/brcm_betafirmware/wl500gP_Luup_ui5-1.5.401-en-mios.squashfs

Then You need to set the device options 13 and 14 to 3 to controll scenes.
After this it works fine for me with the scene numbers given in the duewi manual ( e.g. 1 for up click, 11 for double up, 2 for down, 12 for double down ...)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
Hello

I am looking to purchase a couple of new Duwi wall dimmer switches. I think the insert module I require is 06433 2 wire. Have all the issues with these newer Duwi.me or is it zwave.me ? modules been resolved now with VeraLite / Vera 3 ?

Theres a 2 wire insert here on eBay do they sell these insert in a set with the housing / paddle switch?

Thanks

Z-Wave.me Dimmer Insert (ZME_06433)

Serves for the dimming of connected lights either via radio signals or directly over clipped-on radio-rockers. The Z-wave.me Dimmer Insert is designed for use within a 2-wire system, which means that no neutral wire (blue) is needed for operations. Duwi is intended to control lamps, both with resistive or inductive load. The device is a conventional leading-edge phase control dimmer with support for inductive loads such as transformers. Additionally conventional resistive loads such as incandescent lamps or 230 V halogen lamps can be dimmed as well.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:31:59 pm by cw-kid »

Offline Armaggik

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:18 am »
I think my unit is buggered...  I spent some time on the phone with Vera support.  We managed to get the device excluded from the network, but after that we could not get it included again, nor did it react to another exclude.  Factory resetting it gives me a solid red led (=failed).
to reset device: Press the button “Exclusion” for 10 seconds (LED starts blinking in all
three colors) followed by pushing either the Up button 3 times.

Offline DRuw

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 04:31:55 pm »
Hi all.
I am starting to find my way a bit in the hole domotica world but imk running into a couple of issues forwhich i cannot find an answer...
I installed an Duwi.me dimmer: works perfect (2 wire)
I installed an Duwi dimmer: for some reason, this cannot be installed as a 2 wire and I need to connect the neutral (pull a wire) but I had it on power and Vera(3) sees it as an switch....? (can it be I had it on power to short or something?)
I also bought a wall controller but that one doesnt seem to work at all:(
It gives LED signals: whenever I push the include button 3 secs, the led blinks red-orange-red-orange?
When I push the exclude button for a long time it goes: green-red-orange-green-red-orange-green-red-orange-green-red.
In both cases the orange isnt exaclty orange but more green and orange together.
Also, pushing the up or down button 3x short gives a green LED.
Those were the signals I found but cannot find anywhere what they mean.
When I first unpacked it my vera didnt see it. then after numerous tries it did for a second or 2 (scene controller was the name) and it directly disappeared again, never to return.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!