We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode  (Read 42665 times)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »
Grrr, my dad can order me one (he's in NL) but Nuon only has the 220v Euro version which has the Euro z-wave frequency. If it was just the plugs, I would have taken the chance and hade dad stick 6 plugs with it so I could have made short conversion cables to US sockets.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Otje

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 06:36:51 pm »
Hello

i also bought one today but I can not get it to work
When I include the device i often get only one instance, and it fails to config.
Sometims I get 7 devices which I was hoping for, and I am able to switch but only a few times
mostly i get time out errors, it seems to loose the configuration.

I cant get it stable.  To me it looks like a configuration error.

any ideas?
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »
Just out of interest - there is an Australian version of this device but unfortunately it isn't for sale. If anyone knows differently please let us know.

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/?sort=name&sort_type=desc&filter_cmd_class=&filter_frequency=3&filter_language=&filter_manufacturer=40

Slow download:

http://ihdtrialspausnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/spa_kitinstallationguidefinal.pdf

Offline Otje

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 05:34:36 am »
today I tried again.

i got it to work, and all could be switched on/off.

After 3 minutes or so i started to get retries and finally got the timeouts and no switch responds anymore.

any idea? I may have to give up now, i have included the device over 40 times now i think...
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 05:42:39 am »
Time to get MCV support involved.

Offline Otje

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »
i have got MCV involved via support ticket but this did not give me any help.
i have provided the logs but now i have returned the device

probably i had a faulty unit.

Offline Catr

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:14 pm »
i have got MCV involved via support ticket but this did not give me any help.
i have provided the logs but now i have returned the device

probably i had a faulty unit.

My 6 switch is working, only e1 gives watt reading.

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 06:07:44 am »
Someone got the actual usage W reading to work on all ports?

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:50 am »
Someone got the actual usage W reading to work on all ports?
sort off..
i have done some testing and tried to find the parameters for the device alas not really succesfull in finding those and greenwave and nuon wont give me the required documents. even micasaverde asked them for the documents and they are not willing to give these.
after a lot of playing around and trying to get it work i found this works best:

- totally disconnect all ports on the 6 port. (pull plugs if any, all except mains offcourse)
- exclude the 6-port from vera and after that unplug 6-port from mains.
- reset the 6-port to fabric-values (i turn it on with the connect-button pushed for 10 secs or 30 or so, since no documentation i used standard method)
- disconnect 6-port from mains. put the 6-port color wheel on the side to BLACK color with no number. plug in mains.
- wait for it to turn on or flash leds or whatever it needs to do.
- go to vera devices>add devices>add advanced z-wave device > Include one node(s) of type   any with   high power and timeout after  60 secs
- take 6-port and press the little connect button on the short side of the 6 port.
- wait for it to show up and do not change anything but press next when its done. (wait at least 5 minutes)
- go to devices on vera and press ctrl-f5
- see if all 7 devices has been added.
- in the childtabs u see that e1 has all parameters but the rest probably has not (ServiceId:EnergyMetering1)
KWH
KWHReading
Watts
Log
ActualUsage
- u need to add those parameters to e2-e6. UI5 is flaky so adding them through the web-interface is not gonna work properly unless u do it 1 by 1 and save between and check if it done. use luup for it.
-using luup for it :
goto dashboard > apps > tab develop apps and click Test luup code , put in there :
Code: [Select]
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1","KWH",0,<device-id>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1","KWHReading",0,<device-id>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1","Watts",0,<device-id>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1","Log",0,<device-id>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1","ActualUsage",0,<device-id>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZwaveDevice1", "MeterType", 1, <device-ID>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZwaveDevice1", "MeterScale", 5, <device-ID>)
- now create a scene that uses advanced luup to poll in order father device, e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6  (this refreshes the energycounter)

Luup for polling 6 port to refresh counters. assuming 6 port is device 20 and childs e1 till e6 are 21 till 26 :

local DEVICES = { 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 }
local ACTION = "Poll"
local JOB_STATUSES = {
    [-1] = "job doesn't exist",
    [0]  = "job waiting to start",
    [1]  = "job in progress",
    [2]  = "job error",
    [3]  = "job aborted",
    [4]  = "job done",
    [5]  = "job waiting for callback",
    [6]  = "job requeue",
    [7]  = "job in progress with pending data"
}

if (#DEVICES == 0) then
    for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
        if (v.device_num_parent == 1) then
            DEVICES[#DEVICES + 1] = k
        end
    end
end

for i, v in ipairs(DEVICES) do
    local status, errorMsg, jobId, args = luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", ACTION, {}, v)
    luup.call_delay("checkJobStatus", 60, tostring(v)..","..tostring(jobId))
end

function checkJobStatus(data)
    local device, jobId = data:match("^(%d+),(%d+)$")
    jobId = tonumber(jobId, 10)
    device = tonumber(device, 10)
    local jobStatus = luup.job.status(jobId, device)
    local date = os.date("%Y.%m.%d %H:%M", os.time())

local file = io.open("/etc/cmh/script_output", "a+")
    file:write(date.."\tDevice #"..device.."("..luup.devices[device].description..") job #"..jobId.."("..ACTION..") status = "..jobStatus.." ("..JOB_STATUSES[jobStatus]..").\n")
    file:close()
end

now u have to fiddle a bit and see when the 6-port starts blinking green led. its once every hour but it start this sequence when u plug it in or connect it to vera i think. so when u see the green led blinking on the device (it lost signal says the manual. not the green/white blinking but 2 segment green). this is where u start the polling scene. use this as start time and make a schedule to run the scene every hour starting at the time of the first blink u have seen on the 6-port once everything is working.
still work in progress..
edit: added luup code and improvements
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:33:10 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:37 am »
Thanks, strange behaviour of the manufacture. I guess they want to sell there own controller.
I'm more novice than that, but I want to learn.
How do I add parameters with luup?

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 05:36:16 am »
you can also add them in the advanced tab of the (sub-)device

in Luup that would be

luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "ActualUsage", 1, DEVICE)
DEVICE would be the #ID of the device u want to set (e1 till e6 in this case, not the e1 but the device nr of e1)
if u search around the forum u will find options to do it by http:// request also

edit: removed upnp thing, added info
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:17:15 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:18 am »
OK, I added the 5 missing parameters to the child devices with luup code:
"luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "Watts", 1, 63)"   etc. (I removed the "upnp-")
Now all the devices are showing 1W (i guess from the parameter 1).
Maybe my "polling scene" is not going of at the right moment. Haven't seen my device blinking only green, its always green with a short white.
I'm going to test a bit more.

guest13549

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:40 am »
OK, I added the 5 missing parameters to the child devices with luup code:
"luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1", "Watts", 1, 63)"   etc. (I removed the "upnp-")
Now all the devices are showing 1W (i guess from the parameter 1).
Maybe my "polling scene" is not going of at the right moment. Haven't seen my device blinking only green, its always green with a short white.
I'm going to test a bit more.

OK, So I also have one of these devices, and would like to get the W meter to work.
How would I run the luup code to set-up the individual outputs?
Did you make a block of lines like the one above for each output?
 ???

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 03:57:37 am »
Yes, I copy/paste all the code in to the "Test luup code" box under Apps/ develop apps.
I did it as a block with all the missing information.

But now the boxes are displaying 1 W and I can't get it to update.

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 11:14:10 pm »
maybe it also need :
MeterType      1
MeterScale        5

luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZwaveDevice1", "MeterType", 1, <device-ID>)
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZwaveDevice1", "MeterScale", 5, <device-ID>)

indeed it flashes green with a short white, which according to manual is loss of signal to the vera.
it also flashes just green in a very slow pattern, this is what u need. it does this once every hour from what i noticed.

i found some configurationsettings to set or monitor for the device: (6 port main device > device options > add configuration settings)
1 has value 2 and stays 2 since i monitored it
2 has value 128 when set on black color and 129 when set on color 1 so i presume 130 color 2 etc..

to set monitor variable in devicesetting-advanced:  VariablesSet  1,m,,2,m,,
do not forget the ,, as vera gives error setting user variable then. and also do not change the options>add config settings after save of this set.
from what i read in the firmware fixes for the next firmware the string for receive is not big enough to hold all the data from the 6-port and it has issues with multichannel associations and some with the monitoring of non-existing variables. hopefully fixed next firmware upgrade.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:56:29 pm by Da_JoJo »