We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode  (Read 42636 times)

guest13549

Re: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
Any updates on this?

I have some strange behavior from mine,
Output 1 gives the last W change (I think), mother node also, but not as quick.  The other ones stay at 0. I have added teh Metertype and scale. Maybe I should try to reset and restart?

Is it working as expected for you Da_JoJo and riclun80?

Also, is there a way of disabling the LED's?
I am using mine in the home cinema, and it is really annoying. The normal piece of tape does not help - the LED is too strong.
I tried to open it, to desolder the LED's, but I only had bits, and they would not reach the deepest screws. :(

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 07:32:00 am »
No, I only have it working on the "e1" (and it seems to be the total load for the strip) the others don't update their values.
And one of the mother devices are stuck on 108W, some times it changes but always around 100.
Right now its on hold / given up.

I have aluminium tape, thats the best light blocker.

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 07:48:44 am »
@vespaman and @Ric:
Try this to stop the annoying blinking.

Regarding the child-devices: does one need to poll to get the power-usage after setting parameters?
Does the parent-device sum up total usage?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:29:33 am by j.hoekstra »

Offline gijs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 02:25:01 pm »
@ Da_JoJo

any chance that you could write a plugin for this device?
The device it self has enough potential as far as i can see.
I just bought one to see if i can get it to work.

It looked that i only could do a factory reset when NOT in BLACK mode (also tried to hold powerswitch or inclusion switch to reset).
After doing so i could include the device in BLACK mode without any problem.

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »
Has anyone observed how your 6port PowerNode behaves after power loss?

My 6port PowerNode switches all 6 ports to "on" when power is restored after a power disconnect, Vera UI5 does not display this "on" status, however when "off" is selected in UI5, the port reacts accordingly and switches off.

kind of worrying behaviour if its structural on all 6port PowerNodes...

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 04:14:12 am »
The single port greenwave behaves the same way as the 6 port; it defaults to power "on" after loss of mains power.

Vera will show incorrect status for a couple of minutes (until the flashing green leds stop), then shows correct "on" status.

The device is not suitable for your TV or cookers...a power drop at night will set your appliance to on for the rest of the night...

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 08:54:36 pm »
@ Da_JoJo

any chance that you could write a plugin for this device?
The device it self has enough potential as far as i can see.
I just bought one to see if i can get it to work.

It looked that i only could do a factory reset when NOT in BLACK mode (also tried to hold powerswitch or inclusion switch to reset).
After doing so i could include the device in BLACK mode without any problem.

not possible to write a plugin since it uses default on/off switch implementation and would ruin that.

The single port greenwave behaves the same way as the 6 port; it defaults to power "on" after loss of mains power.

Vera will show incorrect status for a couple of minutes (until the flashing green leds stop), then shows correct "on" status.

The device is not suitable for your TV or cookers...a power drop at night will set your appliance to on for the rest of the night...
this is indeed worrying. i never have power-outages so im not that worried but it is undesired behaviour. perhaps there is a way to reset it to "off" after powerloss.

i have ordered a second 6-port for further testing and one for ap15e, perhaps he can figure it out since he got more knowledge of the vera system then i have.
so far parameter 1 controls the led ? 255 for off   and corresponding to the color-wheel 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. so probably it does tell the controller which group it is in.
parameter 2 is 128,129,130 etc corresponding also to the color-wheel setting.
for vera it needs to be on group 3 for control so i put it on third color counting from black which is no-group apparently.
doesnt matter for switching ports only for energyconsumption.
nuon is still not wanting to give me details on the parameters , telling me they dont know and refer me to manifacturer which in turn send me to nuon.
device works well since i bought it a year ago and never failed on switching the 6 ports on it, even when the device is blinking and supposely lost connection.
i settled with the fact that the energy-measuring isnt all that allthough sometimes it gives me readings on other ports then e1 and e6. this is probably due to the fact that it sends a lot of data to vera and vera has a time-out before it completes.
we need to know all the parameters the 6-port uses and what they do exactly. micasaverde is willing to implement it, but they need to know all parameters and stuff to be able to do that.
if anyone outside the netherlands wants to buy the 6-port give me a pm. you need to pay in advance the cost/shipping then i can order one and send it to you. keep in mind it is EU frequency and 220v
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:05:41 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Jackpost

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 02:00:19 am »
A crude way to detect and correct unwanted "On" of all ports after loss of mains power:
Use a free port to "detect" power loss (port goes to "On"), have a scene trigger on this event and have the scene set the correct status for the other 5 ports...

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »
you will have to turn off the detection port also otherwise it would keep triggering the scene
the second powernode i have is working fine also on the same group/color as the other one i have. i have set the time-out parameter 1 to 128 which is working ok and not blinking the led anymore on the devices.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:15:37 pm by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:41 am »
@Da_Jojo
"Love Light" ;)

Interested in this powerstrip but the weird behavior of the manufacturer is a bit troublesome...

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 07:06:24 am »
before one gets the wrong idea lol
both powerstrips i have are very good working for over a year now.
i contacted ergy company and they are going to see if they can help out with the energy measuring problem, or at least gonna make sure the plugin wont crash on it as it did.
since latest firmware i get 3 ports of the powerstrip updated with wattage used. they seem not correct though. besides that issue its a great value for money device.

Offline koburg

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 01:04:37 pm »
I've recently acquired the 6port PowerNode in the hope that it would work together with MiCasaVerde's Vera gateway. So far I've been able to have the Vera control the individual plugs, however, there are some abnormalities:

- It shows up as 7 switches,  (altid: e1 to e6 and 6), the function of the 7th one (altid 6) is unclear for me. It seems to only switch the e1.
- to my knowledge it should report energy usage per plug, at this moment I only get energy reports for the e1 and 6 and for the other ones it's missing or irregular.

http://www.greenwavereality.com/solutions/energymgmt/

I've allready contacted GreenWave about this but they only give support when it's used with their gateway.

Does anyone else have experience with this combo?

Is there anybody who can tell me how you got the main switch. to work so it can turn on/off all the 6 nodes instead of e1 only ?

Offline freemann

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:53 am »
I also have some questions about this solution. Yesterday i ran the LUA code and that added the blue "actualUsage" box to the childs. Also i added a scene with the LUA poll code and thats running every minute. I see that the devices are polled (green bar below the child), but the figure in the blue box isn't changing/updated...

Whats going wrong?

Offline freemann

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »
I also noticed that aslong as the "poll-scene" is running, all the other actions on the Vera are delayed.
For example;
The green "poll-bars" appeare under each child and when i use imperihome to switch the standalone smartplug, then plug toggle on/off when the scene is ready. In most cases the scene runs for >20secs which results in delays from 1-20 secs to toggle a smartplug/port when the scene is running.

Offline freemann

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 02:55:12 am »
Nobody?

i contacted Da_JoJo, but also no reponse yet.