We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode  (Read 38466 times)

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
Re: Compatibility GreenWave Reality 6port PowerNode
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 08:21:24 am »
i answered ur mail but didnt get a feedback.
the thing is the vera cannot handle so much childdevices and as result times out before all data is send.  the powernode sends data on hourly basis so it means it only updates powerconsumption once an hour.
i contacted ergy and helped them out with the plugin , they fixed the lockup in ergy caused by the powernode. they wanted a powernode to figure out how to read it properly but they didnt answer my mail telling them they could lend one of my powernodes for testing.
also mcv is aware of the problem with multi-device z-wave errors and trying to fix this in the new UI7.
there should be a variable that can turn on/off the whole powernode but i have no time to go through all variables to see which one it is and greenwave is of no help at all. nuon says they cant get the data for the device from greenwave, so we're stuck here.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 10:07:20 am »
I got usage numbers for all sockets on UI7-rc, dunno if they're correct. If they are, I contemplate getting more where devices are grouped closely together.

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 11:48:13 am »
So I have two 6- port power nodes. Using UI7 should show me all power consumption on all ports? How can I get UI7 then... Is it already available for official download? 

Offline j.hoekstra

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2014, 01:00:11 pm »
I see values close to what I expect, dunno if these are correct though.. U can get the RC-link on the beta forum.

Offline Ashe

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:09 am »
A crude way to detect and correct unwanted "On" of all ports after loss of mains power:
Use a free port to "detect" power loss (port goes to "On"), have a scene trigger on this event and have the scene set the correct status for the other 5 ports...

How? Can you explain the scene?

Any news about watt measuring on Veralite@1.5.x firm?

Thanks.

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2015, 09:58:32 am »
Hello,

I've found some informations on this device :
http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=15850&p=133328&hilit=groupe%203#p133295

It is said that the powernode is able to push its consumption. It has to be associated to the box on the group 3 (plus parameter #0).

I've tried to do these manipulations :

- Group association seems to not work
  In "Device Options", I've selected "ZWave", but after saving and reload, it's the device 39 which is set ("_Scene Controller" in my box).
  In Variables, there's :
   AssociationSet: 3,1
   AssociationGet: 3,39;

- The variable "AssociationNum" has got the value "4". I've tried to set it to "3", but it does nothing (revert to 4 on reloading).

Some ideas ?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:55:34 am by vosmont »

Offline JanneSjo

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 06:11:48 am »
Anyone being able to do some setting so that you can see energy/Watts on each node?

I am just starting with a Vera Edge and a GreenWave 6port and a 1port.

It would be really good if there was any way to see total effect in Watts on all nodes.

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 09:14:49 am »
Some news about greenwave 6 and Vera Edge UI7?

I noticed this:
- no master switch
- No total power measurement, but only the last powered on number is shown. So powering on 1.2.3, shows power of 3. When you shut down number 3, Vera is showing zero.

Would be great if this would work .

Offline ricky78

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 09:01:07 am »
Hello, i have the same behaviour on UI5.
Besides that a very reliable switch but if the power meter will be usable for all port...then this will be absolutely perfect for my scope.

Hope that in a day it will be fixed.

Riccardo

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 12:55:19 pm »
Hi,

I created a scene with a single line of luup code to poll the device each five minutes. This seems to keep the total power in Watts up to date, but it reports it on the first plug only. It also seems to assure the KWH readings for each of the plugs get updated.
Code: [Select]
-- Poll Power Switch seems to help in updating its readings. Set lDev to de device ID of the main, not one of the plugs
local lDev = xxx
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1","Poll",{},lDev)
Using UI7. I will create a ticket to see if Vera can help in some way.

BTW; I am using it as a standby killer for all my AV equipment. Combined with my Harmony plugin works like a charm.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline vrampal

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:26 am »
Hello,

I finally get technical documentation from GreenWave.

Short version:
- param 0: Power change required to send a notification, in % from 1 to 100, default 10
- param 1: Keep alive time, in minutes from 1 to 255, default 2
- param 2: Color wheel selection, read only
- param 3: State after power loss, 0 = all off, 1 = remember last state, 2 = all on, default 2
- param 4: Led for network error, 0 = disable, 1 = enable, default 0
- assoc group 1: Color wheel change
- assoc group 2: Relay health
- assoc group 3: Power value change
- assoc group 4: Over-current protection

Long version:
Technical doc for PowerNode

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 09:18:52 am »
Hi vrampal,

Thanks for this. It is something. Strangely enough parameters 3 and 4 are not working for me. Looking in the logs the power strip does not send a response for those. Looking at the firmware version of the power strip it is a newer version 33,4,20 vs 32,4,9 for the documentation.

Go figure. I did contact Vera and they say they are still working on support for this device in some future UI7 version.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Peterbrown2435

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 08:29:36 am »
Just found this topic and I am looking to buy the 6 port socket. Does anyone know of a current supplier

Offline Peterbrown2435

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 08:31:14 am »
Forgot to say. European or UK sockets are both okay. I will take what I can get.