We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SQRemote + UI5  (Read 20622 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: SQRemote + UI5
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »
No new tag required, my changes might as well be missing. I just cleaned the Json of the unused tags and set the documentation URL to the code.mios page. You can see the diff in the attached image.

Vali will give you the ownership when he comes at work tomorrow.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 12:13:24 pm »
No new tag required, my changes might as well be missing. I just cleaned the Json of the unused tags and set the documentation URL to the code.mios page. You can see the diff in the attached image.

Vali will give you the ownership when he comes at work tomorrow.
If you've validated these changes in a UI4 build, in addition to a UI5 build, then please go ahead and make them in code.mios.com and re-tag to ensure that what's published on apps.mios.com is completely in sync with a tagged code.mios.com source.

For all of my plugins, I will only accept tagged/labelled code being published (and hence traceable) out to apps.mios.com.  If what's in there ["apps.mios.com"] now doesn't represent a Tagged release, tested on both UI4 and UI5, please remove it.

Offline smilligan

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 09:20:12 am »
Folks,
Do not know if this is the right topic to post this question..

Context of problem:  Vera2 with UI4 and SQ Remote plugin installed.   The VERA2 was upgraded to UI5 in DEc 2011.   After upgrade the SQRemote plugin dissappeared from APPs, but we are getting messages in UI5 server box indicating that the plugin is still remnant and trying to download something.

Can you tell me how best to remove all references to the SQ Remote plugin...   

Thanks
Sean

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 10:38:05 am »
The MCV team need to address that.

Offline smilligan

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:34 am »
Mr G,
thanks for the guidance.  We have opened ticket with MCV directly with regards to this issue.
Kind Regards

Offline alexlui

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 11:48:42 am »
Hi all,

Is SQ Remote Lite working in Vera3? When I start the apps, it doesn't automatically connect vera3 as described in the SQ manual.
Vera2 (UI5), Vera3 (UI5), Vera Edge, Vera Plus

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
Hi all,

Is SQ Remote Lite working in Vera3? When I start the apps, it doesn't automatically connect vera3 as described in the SQ manual.
I think SQ Remote Lite only talks to SQ Blasters, not Mios/Vera.
Only SQ Remote HD can talk to Mios/Vera.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline jackpot

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »
Ok, I'm totally confused with the need for SQ-Blaster Plugin. Do I need the Plugin now on U5  1.5.345 ? (Vera 2)   Seems that I read somewhere in the forums that the Blaster was now intergrated into the Vera firmware and the plugin was not needed anymore. I just want to control my TV and Sound system with a Vera Scene. Can anyone clarify this for me ?
Confused  ???
Vera 3....1.5.622

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »
SQRemote* will always talk directly to SQBlaster, or their newer SQBlaster Plus,  as these two products are tightly integrated by SquareConnect.

In many cases, you also want to have Vera/MiOS talk to SQBlaster so you can automate control of your AV Gear, IR-enabled Air Conditioners or other IR-enabled items (etc).

I do this, for example, to turn off my [IR-only] AV Components at 3:00am using a MiOS Scene.

To do this, you need the SQBlaster Plugin

It "exposes" the SQBlaster into the Vera/MiOS world.  In addition, you need one or more "IR Plugins" that take the various AV Gear you have, and "adapt" them to a set of standardized API's that MiOS exposes.  If you've discovered your IR Devices using SQRemote, then there's a [manual] way to transform the config files of SQRemote into ones required for MiOS to "talk", via the SQBlaster Plugin, to the SQBlaster itself.

Offline jackpot

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »
@Guessed

Thank you for clearing this up for me !
Vera 3....1.5.622