Author Topic: Resolved: Odd crash  (Read 2455 times)

Offline fba

• If it ain't broke, I ain't touched it yet.
Resolved: Odd crash
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:09 pm »
I had AutHomation configured, and up and running for a few hours.   That night I fired off a scene right before going to bed.  As I turned off my Galaxy Nexus (GSM import version) I caught a quick glimpse of a crash dialog.

Today I can't get AutHomation to actually start.  When I tap to start it, it immediately crashes.   I originally thought it might be because I am on T-Mobiles IPv6 test network and the app didn't like not having a v4 address, but when I switched to my wifi connection (which is v4 only) I still get the same crash.

I submitted the crash report to the Android marketplace.   Hopefully it can help figure out what is wrong.  However, I have several machines set up for Android development, so I would be happy to get logs or do anything else that might help resolve this issue.   Just let me know.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:39:42 am by garrettwp »
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Odd crash
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:58:36 am »
Since I am new to publishing on the market, I will have a look at the logs. If you are willing to hook the phone to the computer and fire it up to pull the logs, that would be even better! Once yo can get the logs, try and go into Android Settings -> Applications -> Manage Apps -> AutHomation/AutHomationHD -> Clear Data. This will reset the preferences and see if it can start up.

Hopefully we can track this down. I would like to get as many bugs fixed and make the app stable as possible. My apologize for your experience.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:41 am »
I looked at the crash report that was sent to me and it looks like an odd bug. Before trying to clear the data for the app, can you try and do a force close of the application?

Android Settings -> Applications -> Manage Apps -> AutHomation/AutHomationHD -> Force Close

And try to open up the app again. The bug that I see is that for some reason it tries to refresh the data, the refresh button will change to a progress wheel. For some reason it can not find the id of the refresh button so it can show the indicator. I added a line of code to try and prevent this error, but not sure what has caused this. When you ran the scene, did you run the scene and immediately turn off the device? Also just a tip, you are running AutHomation on the Nexus which is Ice Cream Sandwich. You should be running AutHomationHD. This version is optimized for Honeycomb and Ice Cream where as AutHomation is meant for Android 2.3 and older.

- Garrett

Offline fba

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:57:58 am »
I cleared the data before forcing the close... Sorry.   That did resolve the crash.

I'll poke at it this evening and see if I can figure out how to reproduce it.   I'll also check out the HD version.
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline fba

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 12:05:15 pm »
Forgot to post the log, in case it is any help :

W/dalvikvm(23699): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a5f1f8)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(23699): java.lang.RuntimeException: Error receiving broadcast Intent { act=com.garrettpower.powerha.ProgressReceiver flg=0x10 (has extras) } in com.garrettpower.authomation.Main$1@41893e00
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:737)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4340)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(NativeMethod)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(23699): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at com.garrettpower.authomation.Main.showProgress(Main.java:512)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at com.garrettpower.authomation.Main$1.onReceive(Main.java:52)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.run(LoadedApk.java:728)
E/AndroidRuntime(23699):        ... 9 more
W/ActivityManager(  197):   Force finishing activity com.garrettpower.authomation/.Main

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:26 pm »
Thanks for the log. That is exactly what I got in the error report. If you can get it to reproduce, that would be great. Hopefully the line of code I added can prevent this from happening in the future.

- Garrett