Author Topic: OLD Generation 1 - HAL lelujah --- You can now talk to your vera  (Read 33850 times)

Offline abbey

Re: HAL lelujah --- You can now talk to your vera
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2013, 08:10:33 am »
Hello,

I am pretty new to all this Zwave technology, but I would really like to get Hal working with the few devices that I have. I had been getting a connection problem when I try a voice command. I went into Windows 7 firewall and made an inbound rule to allow certain ports, and I also tried to stop Avast from causing any problem. I don't know if either of these were causing the problem to begin with, but it didn't fix it. I went back to the HAL settings and clicked on the button to "Find HalServer" and I get an error "Could not find a running HalServer!". Also, I am using a router, and I have Vera hooked directly into the router. And, the HalServer software is on the same pc as the HalClient that I am trying to set up, which are all on the same wifi as the Vera.

I have another question, too. Getting this to work for myself is really just the first step in getting my disabled brother set up with voice activated lights, tv, music, etc. He is in a wheelchair and doesn't have use of his hands to press a button or switch to do those tasks. His speech is a bit hard to understand, but he can say words consistently. Can the voice recognition software learn how he pronounces words? I know you can train the software, but to what extent?

Offline Cor

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2013, 07:16:23 pm »
Hi ,

I installed Hal remote in the last couple of days, but it isn't working, and I am not sure why.

Some issues where with the port forwarding, but when I changed the firewall settings for windows 7 I could see port 6106 to be open when I use "www.canyouseeme.org"   But no luck with port 6107 UDP and 6108 UDP , should this be the same as with port 6106 in TCP, or doesn't this work with "www.canyouseeme.org" ?

Initially I got a "connection" problem untill I changed the firewall settings on windows 7 when I spoke into my phone, but now the error is "communications error reading" , Is this my bloody dutch accent , or is something else going on?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Pashak

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2013, 04:37:41 am »
Want to give this a shot. Website is down??

Offline Cor

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:17 am »
@Pashak; is that a reply on my question? , which website do you mean?   All "websites" which I nees seem tobe working fine , I just get the error message on my android phone  "communications error reading"    and not quite sure what it means/where i have to find the error.

Thanks,
Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:45 am »
Step 1:
    Make sure HalServer is talking to Vera!

Check your windows machine where you are running Hal Server.
    Make sure it is communicating with Vera first.
    Check the Event log ...
    Check the file:
    Open the file with your browser:
           c:/Program Files (x86)/RTS Services Inc/HalServer/Help.html
    This will show the grammar and the names of all of your devices.

Step 2:
    Connect the Android Phone to Hal Server.
    Check the Event Log ...
    Check your firewall settings ...

Offline Cor

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2013, 09:09:30 am »
hello Richard. Thanks for your answer,   I am currenly about 4000 miles away from home and installed /tested everything remotely..... maybe that's causing some issues. Tonight I am at home and will try again  :)

-I think Hal server is communicating with vera, it did find my vera and hall server is running as well.
-event log: Are you refering to a log from windows or a log I have to get via putty on my vera?
-help.html: I created a very simple scene called "test", should be no issue with my accent :-)
I tried: "Hal test thanks" , "please run test hal"  yesterday with these I got the ""communications error reading".
Today I am on a different network  (slightly closer to home) and my android phone says "connection error"   .....

I have an account with dyndns and inserted on my android:" name.dyndns.org" (where name= my accountname, which works on my router and various webcams). Tonight I will insert the Ip adress of the computer which runs hal server (10.0.0.81)

On the android phone:
-Check the Event Log ... : a windows log or vera log?
-Check your firewall settings ... I think I have it correctly setup, is there a way to test it step by step?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:17 am »
Event Log is on the Windows Machine.
Nothing interesting to look at on Vera ...

I have started a project to eliminate HalServer and do it all on the phone.
I do not know  when I will finish it ...

Offline Cor

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2013, 05:33:30 pm »
No luck so far :-s

I installed the programm on my laptop (I am at home now) and the client found the vera.
I included both client and server in the firewall, they are now both in allowed programms and features.

When I speak to hal (on my laptop) , I get the 'ding" but than again a "connection" problem.
In the event log I find this error:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\RTS Services Inc\HalServer\Grammar.grxml(294,17): error : XML grammar format not valid. Cannot load grammar into XML Document Object Model.
   at System.Speech.Internal.SrgsParser.XmlParser.ThrowSrgsExceptionWithPosition(String filename, XmlReader xmlReader, String sError, Exception innerException)
   at System.Speech.Internal.SrgsParser.XmlParser.Parse()
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SrgsGrammar.SrgsDocument.Load(XmlReader srgsGrammar)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SrgsGrammar.SrgsDocument..ctor(String path)
   at HalService.Recognizer..ctor(HalService hs, String FileName)
   at HalService.HalServer.HalConnection.AudioRequest()
   at HalService.HalServer.HalConnection.HandleConnection()

What am I doing wrong :-s

Thanks,
Cor

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »
Well that will be a big problem.
Apparently I have a bug in the parser. There's something in your configuration is causing a problem.
Can you zip up the following files and PM me the file. I will see if I can correct the problem.

c:/Program Files (x86)/RTS Services Inc/HalServer/
  The following files:
        Grammar.gxml
        VeraLogFile.txt
        Help.html

Offline Cor

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 09:54:38 am »
Hi Richard , I don't have an option to send attachments with a PM, I inserted the zip file in this reply.

I installed the programm on my notebook, the plan is to have the programm running on my media centre which runs 7/4, but that one is completely build in with no screen ,microphone, keyboard etc..... But the programm gave the same errors when I tried it a couple of days ago.  The zip file is from the notebook and is the same computer  as the error messages 2 posts ago.

Thanks,
Cor