Author Topic: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments  (Read 46554 times)

Offline geoffbon

Re: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:57 pm »
Has anyone tried the plugin with UI7?  I'm using it happily on UI5, and at some point would like to upgrade to UI7 once I know it's all stable, and everything I use is supported.  I don't see the Squeezebox plugin on the tested list - has anyone tried it?

Cheers,
Geoff

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »
Hi

I also have this problem, where the name of the Squeezebox device in Vera reverts back to ? After the Squeezeboxes are powered off.

Also in Vera I assigned the Squeezebox devices to the various rooms they are located in. And very often the room is lost and the Squeezebox device in Vera ends back up in the No Rooms section (UI5).

Also has the Squeezebox plugin been updated in the MiOS marketplace yet?
Looking in the Apps tab in Vera, the Squeezebox Control plug-in is shown as version 2.0
Is this still the latest version?

I previously updated the plug-in via a download link on the forum somewhere.

Many thanks

Hey Garrett,

Is there a way the plugin could *keep* the name of the squeezebox player if the name has been previously found? 

Since I power of my players when they're not in use (physically at the socket) the players revert back to a ? for their names (presumably following a LUA restart).

So in my case, I frequently get a whole bunch of my 20 odd players reverting to ? in the UI.  This makes it tough to see which one is which  ;D

The other problem is that I use the room/device name in notifications and a few other plugins, so with the name keep changing to ? it has some weird effects!

Hopefully that's an easy fix?

I'll look at what I can do to prevent this. The naming is based off code from earlier days of the plugin which was written by another user.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:30:15 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2015, 09:58:38 am »
Regarding the ? name of the Squeezebox devices in Vera and them also losing their room locations, this is very annoying.  :-[  If there are any plans to updated the plug-in at any time, I would love for this to be fixed if possible.

I am actually using software Squeezeboxes, I don't own any real hardware ones!

I am using SqueezeLite on my OpenElec Kodi home theatre PCs. Here is how I installed it.

So when my HTPCs go to S3 Sleep mode or S5 Shutdown after a period of time in Vera the various Squeezebox device instances change to ? and lose the room they were in.

Many thanks