We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments  (Read 48716 times)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
Re: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »
I also went back and plugged in my old trusty Vera2 with UI4 and tested some scenes using my old UI4 SB plugin and it worked like a charm, no issues.  So it's definitely something with UI5 and the Squeezebox Plugin, it's not working at all for a few of us.

another please fix request from me....
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »
@massilia and @myhomeserver, I am using a Vera 2 and UI5 and it is working fine for me. I have been messing with some updated code that I am going to be uploading shortly, but I have no idea why this would fail for you.

The plugin checks to see if a port is assigned, and it not, it goes ahead and uses 9090. I am assuming both of you are running on a Vera 3 with UI5?

I think I am maintaining this plugin now and I am happy to patch but I honestly don't know what to change   :(

Offline Barlow

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:57 pm »
I have the exact same issue. Running Vera 3 with UI5, latest public release. LMS 7.7.1 on Synology. Can telnet on port 9090. Plugin discovers all 7 players and SB control displays my LMS address and port correctly. However, status view indicates port is missing as depicted in earlier post. This is a real bummer, as SB support was one of the main reasons for me to select Vera.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 08:28:19 am »
The reason for the Missing port error is that the plugin sends a message to the server before opening the IO port. I don't know what was the logic behind this. The attached file fixes this, but I don't know if it breaks anything.

Offline Barlow

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:14 am »
Thanks. I uploaded the revised implementation file and restarted luup engine. This made my Vera unresponsive. At long last I decided to reboot the unit. Now it does not come up any more. Flashes red and green power light. Tried resetting it but without result so far. Will try and recover tonight when I have time at hand. Not sure if the hang is the direct result of my update method, your file some other environmental issue. Anyway, I should know more tonight...

Offline massilia

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:28 am »
it's ok for me i upload I_SqueezeboxControl1.xml and restart luup and the pluqin work again !
Thanks for the fix  :)

The reason for the Missing port error is that the plugin sends a message to the server before opening the IO port. I don't know what was the logic behind this. The attached file fixes this, but I don't know if it breaks anything.

Offline veravance

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:58:51 pm »
hi,
where can i upload the new I_SqueezeboxControl1.xml  ?

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »
Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup Files (in UI5 at least)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:52 am »
Sorry it took me so long to test this, but it works - thank you again for taking care of this so fast!

MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline lopaka

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:55 pm »
I have my squeezebox plugin working and can pause, stop, and play, etc. Now I need a step by step howto for setting up a trigger/scene to play a specific mp3 or wav file.

I've read through the Squeezebox wiki at
wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Squeezebox

I still don't understand how to do certain things without someone giving me specific directions. TIA

lopaka

Offline lopaka

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »
Just a followup. I did figure out how to control squeezebox radio. Some of the old posted instructions do not work (at least in my setup). I will write up a short howto once I get everything dialed in.

lopaka

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 02:27:07 am »
I am reworking the Squeezebox plugin to get most things functional and added additional features. What type of things are people looking to do with this plugin? What features would you like to have added?

- Garrett

Offline arich57

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:09 am »
I'd love to see a way to have a scene triggered based on the alarm time set on the SB. IE: turning heat up 30 minutes prior to alarm. At alarm time, turn lights on low. 15 minutes after alarm, turn lights on high.

Something similar to how you can trigger based on sunset/sunrise now.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 03:59:11 am »
Unfortunately this would be to complicated to implement. It would almost be easier to adjust the scene according to the wake up time of your squeezebox or have Vera control when the squeezebox wakes up and plays music (which will be possible in the updated plugin).

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 04:24:00 am »
Did some investigation and thinking. The interface that the plugin uses has the ability to know if an alarm is sounding, ending, or snoozing. I can add a state variable to the squeezebox plugin that can have these states and you can create a scene based on these triggers. Would this be something that might work?

- Garrett