Author Topic: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments  (Read 46309 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: New Squeezebox plugin - Request For Comments
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17:57 am »
Added code to have the squeezebox plug be notified when an alarm event happens. I created a scene to test turning on a light when the alarm is sounding on the squeezebox and another scene to test when the alarm is done. Everything appears to work. In the scene creation, you would go into the trigger tab and select the squeezebox that you want for the "Device". You would then select "Alarm state" for the "What type of event is the trigger?" drop down and select the alarm state you want. The different states are sound, end, snooze, snooze end. This should work for events happening on or after the alarm is sounding. This will not work for events to happen before the alarm sounding.

- Garrett

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 11:59:25 am »
How do you install the updated Squeezebox add-in? I have the original Squeezebox Control 1.0 version installed at the moment.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:06:37 pm by cw-kid »

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »
I have not released the plugin yet. It is still in development.

- Garrett

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 12:40:09 pm »
I have not released the plugin yet. It is still in development.

- Garrett

That explains that then!  ;)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 03:35:27 pm »
I'll try to post files for manual install in the next day or two. Is there anything you would like to see added?

- Garrett

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »
I'll try to post files for manual install in the next day or two. Is there anything you would like to see added?

- Garrett

I can't think of anything in particular that I would like added to be honest. I guess I just installed the current Squeezebox Vera add-in to see what it was all about and what it could do?

Thanks

Offline arich57

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 06:35:37 pm »
That's awesome!

When you release the update, I'll give it a shot. (By chance will the code also be posted? I'd love to see how all this works so I can start building some of my own plugins).

I haven't set anything up yet. By chance, could you provide a quick dummies guide for what all I'll need to set-up configure. I'm assuming I need to have a squeezebox server up and running? I was going to do that with my mythtv box and this is a reason to do it sooner.

Thanks again.

Added code to have the squeezebox plug be notified when an alarm event happens. I created a scene to test turning on a light when the alarm is sounding on the squeezebox and another scene to test when the alarm is done. Everything appears to work. In the scene creation, you would go into the trigger tab and select the squeezebox that you want for the "Device". You would then select "Alarm state" for the "What type of event is the trigger?" drop down and select the alarm state you want. The different states are sound, end, snooze, snooze end. This should work for events happening on or after the alarm is sounding. This will not work for events to happen before the alarm sounding.

- Garrett

Offline lopaka

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »
You can also use "squeezeslave" on pogoplug or dockstar if you have the hardware and some supported USB speakers or cmedia USB sound. I'm using a dockstar and pogoplug running archlinux to run squeezeslave and output through PIXXO USB speakers. Then you just need Logitech Media Server running somewhere (I'm using a ReadyNAS NV+ but you can also run on windows)

The only issue is that I'm using the aoss wrapper and it' craps out about every 5-6 hrs and I have to manually restart.

aoss ./squeezeslave -m00:04:20:2a:74:xx 192.168.1.xxx -R

For some reason when restarting through crontab things go wacky so I'm still working out the kinks :)

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »
I have several squeezebox radios in my home and bought several pogoplugs to use as a squeezeslave clients. One being in use now with a high quality usb dac hooked up to my living room 2 channel setup. I was going to configure the other pogoplugs for other rooms until the raspberry pi came out. Ordered one on first day of pre order. Had it since early spring and have not touched it until today. Loaded squeeze plug on it and it is working great. Need to order more. This is my cost effective route to the squeezebox touch. Two draw backs though, syncing is not perfect and no hd audio support in squeezeslave.

I'll try and get the files of the plugin posted later tonight for everyone to test.

- Garrett

Offline lopaka

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »
Could you at some point outline how you configured your squeezeslave clients? Just curious whether there is a better way then how I'm running them. Are you using any audio wrapper when running squeezeslave?

I heard there is a XBMC squeezeslave plugin that lets the raspberrypi synch the audio better if you have a couple of them. Pogoplugs audio are always a little off synch.

lopaka

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
How are you running your squeezeslave clients? I am using squeezeplug which handles the squeezeslave service.

- Garrett

Offline lopaka

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 12:16:29 pm »
Right now I have squeezeslave running on the pogoplug and dockstar, but not on the raspberrypi. I've got openelec xbmc running on the Pi but haven't used it in my setup yet.

lopaka

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 09:21:48 am »
I've had good luck running squeezeplay (not squeezeslave) on a Pogoplus running ArchlinuxArm. I had to set up a fake x server but I was able to run it headless.

Squeezeslave only works at 44.1kHz and I tried for quite some time to get that to play nicely with my USB sound card to no avail - I would get lots of random pops and skips. This was on a fairly high end card too. Squeezeplay on the other hand works great.

I'll probably be setting up another few pogoplugs in the future and I'll make sure to document all my steps.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 09:58:38 am »
I know the current version of squeezeplug for the raspberry pi has support for squeezeplay. I believe this is kind of experimental, but it is there. Have not tried it yet. I just picked up a few more raspberries for future projects.

- Garrett

Offline ChrisAZ

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 11:34:02 am »
There are two commands I am currently using in lua that aren't in the plug-in.

Can you add commands for Power On and Power Off? CLI code is: client:send(mac .. " power 1\n"), 1 for on, 0 for off.

Also selecting a playlist: client:send(mac .. " playlist play MyPlaylistName\n")