We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [_CODE_] Unified Squeezebox Plugin - USP 0.1a ALPHA - Technology demo only  (Read 7075 times)

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
EOL, unsupported.

Limitations:
  • no child devices for players
  • no support for players with CLI index > 0
  • no automatic refresh (restart LuaUPnP to update the variables)
  • not tested with UI4 (but should work)
  • not tested with LMS <> 7.3.2 (but should work)
  • buttons not functional/UPnP actions not implemented

Please note that USP 0.1a ALPHA doesn't come with a separate D_USP.json file.
D_USP.json gets created by I_USP.xml.

IMHO, creating/modifying the json file by hand would be the direct way to insanity. :D

History:
V0.1a: do not overwrite pre-existing D_USP.json

Download:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz4omZm4gYcsZ2t5THNZQm9RRzZieWRMREo4OVdjdw
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:58:30 pm by Ap15e »

Offline radarengineer

@Ap15e, this weekend  I was planning on trying to do some bug fixes / extensions to the existing CLI interface.

And then you posted this! This is *really* exciting! Especially the auto creation of the json file.  :)

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
Telling a Luup device about itself by using a data-driven approach for UPnP variables and actions makes it possible to auto-create D_*.json, D_*.xml (one would have to use a stub file that gets overwritten by the implementation code), and S_*.xml files.

BTW, USP 0.1 ALPHA heavily borrows from LIRC2LuupDevice4SBS.

Offline radarengineer

How often do these files get recreated? I was looking into auto-creating D_*.json files for the Denon receiver (after you mentioned it), but I was concerned about flash memory wear. I guess it isn't that hard to skip creation for files that have already been written out?

Its too bad we don't have MiOS on a system with a hard drive.

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
I guess it isn't that hard to skip creation for files that have already been written out?

Good point. In addition, the plugin should put a warning message and an unique identifier into the auto-created files ('DO NOT EDIT!'), shouldn't overwrite existing files that aren't creations of itself, and should fail if there are pre-existing files not created by itself.

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
I'd like to check this out, but I just got my MCV Squeezebox plugin working again and I hate to break it. Can I install this as well, I'd love to get more info from the SB CLI and have that in Vera, just not too sure on the co-existence of these things...

thanks for all your hard work on these plugins Ap15e, you smart guys sure do help make this MCV stuff cooler! and more functional!
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
Please upgrade to USP V0.1a

History:
V0.1a: do not overwrite pre-existing D_USP.json

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
myhomeserver,

USP V0.1a shouldn't interfere with other plugins - YMMV ...

Offline pderby

@radarengineer, would like to get your plugin.  I have the SqueezeBoxServer plugin installed from the MVD "APPS" store which sees the server and players, but doesn't communicate.

Guess I have to get permission to download the plugin? 

Is this the correct url to download pluggin?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz4omZm4gYcsZ2t5THNZQm9RRzZieWRMREo4OVdjdw

Thanks for all your work....

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
The original plugin and the link you are referring to does not exist any more. The original poster is no longer active on the forum.

- Garrett

Offline pderby

@garrett:  radarengineer posted a reply 4 days ago to a request for help on using the app store SBS plugin. He pointed me to this thread to get the Sueezebox App version from svn. You can read his and my posts here:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5097.msg83470.html#msg83470

So your announcement of his absence from this forum might be a bit early even thought there hasn't been much posting activity in either thread for a while.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
@garrett:  radarengineer posted a reply 4 days ago to a request for help on using the app store SBS plugin. He pointed me to this thread to get the Sueezebox App version from svn. You can read his and my posts here:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5097.msg83470.html#msg83470

So your announcement of his absence from this forum might be a bit early even thought there hasn't been much posting activity in either thread for a while.

The user Ap15e, the original developer of the plugin has made an announcement months ago stating that he is no longer participating on the forum and that he is leaving. He removed all of his plugins. The only code I can think of that is available via svn is here:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_squeezebox

- Garrett

Offline radarengineer

Garrett is right, this plugin (USP) is different from the Squeezebox plugin that uses the CLI interface. I don't have access to the USP code so I can't help you there, but I am happy to help with problems you have using the other Squeezebox plugin.

I haven't been using the CLI plugin myself recently as my Vera 2 was starting to slow down too much, but now that I've upgraded to the Vera 3 I plan on using it extensively. I'm installing a few new Squeezebox devices over the next week too!