Author Topic: Firmware Release Today?  (Read 11911 times)

Offline kartcon

Re: Firmware Release Today?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 12:06:14 am »
Chixxi,

I have to agree with otterlo. Please hang in there with us and continue to be an active member of this board. I have followed your work and used your plug-ins and have really enjoyed 'tweaking' the Variables Container project for my personal use.

Without users like yourself, the overall value of the system decreases for all the newbies and non-programmer types. Having just a little programming skill, I have learned a lot just by examining your work. The value you provide is not just to MCV, but also to the community as a whole.

Kartcon

Offline chixxi

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:21 am »
I am still right in the UI5 launch experience as micasa verde calls it. Still things are not working...

I don't see any more reasons to stay, and especially to contribute to this forum. Micasa Verde's not doing their job, why should the users do it? I basically don't get anything for what I am doing, and I really don't like working for for free for people which keep on fooling me.

I want a simple update which fixes my sensors, I don't care about any new features which bring new bugs.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:36 am »
Chixxi,

It is a real shame on MCV that have you got to the point which you're expressed. You have helped numerious users; including me, and it the user community that is more affected and not MCV in the end. I hope you have a change of heart in the future and I know that would be good to see you wisdom being spread.... If not, have fun creating your apps and maybe one day when the dusks settles, you can enlighten us on your achievements.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:13 am »
Thank you all guys, I really appreciate your gratefulness for the answers and plugins I provided. The other way around I am also very grateful for all the users which helped me!

But it's a motivation question, I just don't think I can keep up that intense interest which let's me invest hours and hours in everything around vera. I do not in general reject answering questions if I know them or any thing like that, but the flame which was burning inside of me for the vera got a whole lot smaller.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:38 pm »
Soooo... any ETA on the release or public beta?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 05:55:15 am »
This Friday as usual. :)

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:44 am »
Good answer.

Offline Grain

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:22:56 am »
lol :-)

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
Firmware Release Today?
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:09 am »
;-)

---
I am here: ?1daj1f

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
This Friday as usual. :)

@mcvflorin

To keep you out of trouble  ;) Lets go with on a scale from 1-5 on the likelihood.  That way if it doesn't happen you are not speaking in absolutes...   :)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 08:51:13 am »
I think he safe ... every week there is a this friday. I was wondering ... if you say this friday and it is friday ... is it today or 7 days from now ?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 10:47:26 am »
By "this Friday" I mean "this week on Friday".

Offline jwlehman

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:34 pm »
Calling someone a "liar" is out of line.  While it is frustrating waiting on the fixes/updates, I prefer they get it right instead of bowing to pressure and putting out a premature release.

The hostility will serve no purpose other than to make MCV hesitant to pre-announce any planned releases.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:30:07 pm by jwlehman »

Offline chixxi

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 03:05:28 am »
Calling someone a "liar" is out of line.  While it is frustrating waiting on the fixes/updates, I prefer they get it right instead of bowing to pressure and putting out a premature release.

The hostility will serve no purpose other than to make MCV hesitant to pre-announce any planned releases.

It can't get any worse. Micasa is already at the lowest point of communication I can imagine, mcvflorin is the only one who communicates from their side. They have also released premature firmwares (remember: vera3 is running on a pre-beta basically, and no option to go to UI4 for vera3, and it is sold like that!!!). And what are announcements of releases supposed to be good for if no releases are made?!

I am not saying I want premature releases, I want bugs fixed before new features are implemented!

Yes, I should have written "MicasaVerde is a big fat Liar!", mcvflorin probably is probably not guilty.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 03:27:06 am »
Just an fyi, MCVFlorin and MCVMirela are the two people appointed to communicate on the forums. That is why you see MCVFlorin doing most of the posting and answering questions on here.

- Garrett