We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Scene Cleanup  (Read 1632 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Scene Cleanup
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
Nice App.
You should filter out scene's that look like this in the data file:
Code: [Select]
{"name": "Security Off", "notification_only": 69, "id": 22, "Timestamp": 1323210533, "room": 0},
{"name": "Security On", "notification_only": 69, "id": 23, "Timestamp": 1323210533, "room": 0},
{"name": "Dummy Over Temp", "notification_only": 71, "id": 25, "Timestamp": 1323212908, "room": 0},
{"name": "Daytime", "notification_only": 68, "id": 26, "Timestamp": 1323279121, "room": 0},
{"name": "Tester On", "notification_only": 70, "id": 27, "Timestamp": 1323297217, "room": 0},
These were names for Notifications. You do not want to display the pseuodo scenes created as a side effect of using notifications. I removed all of my notifictions when I moved to VeraAlert. What is really strange in my case is these all point to devices that have been deleted!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Scene Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:06:33 am »
Can you elaborate a little more? I have never used the notifications in Vera and have always resorted to other methods. The data you posted, is this also located in the scene section of the data or located in another location? Can you tell me how to make a notification only scene so I can look at the data?

What is really strange in my case is these all point to devices that have been deleted!

Are you saying that they still exist in the app and that they are pointing to devices?

- Garrett

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Re: Scene Cleanup
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »
When I ran your app it had these scenes and I could not remember them.
I checked my grammar from HalServer and they were not there ...
Then I remember that I removed Notification_Only scenes from the Grammar Generator because they would never show up on UI4 ... and I assume UI5.

You can create one by going to the properties windows for a binary or dimmable light. Select the "Notifications" tab. Create a notification for when the device is turned on or off. Give it a name. It will show up in your app's scene list. But shouldn't because it's a notification only scene.

The MCV bug is that when I deleted some virtual devices that had notifications on them ... the few I showed you, they did not get deleted.

I too have moved away from MCV notifications. But would like to use their UI to setup notifications for VeraAlert or something else.
If you would too ... please chime in on http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9525.0.html