We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.5.322 public beta release  (Read 26083 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: 1.5.322 public beta release
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »
Finally went ahead and upgraded to UI5, then switched to Vera 3 (restoring from backup).  So far, everything seemed to be working more or less, but there are a few observations:

1) The Horstmann thermostats are still not displaying the measured temperature in the GUI (it does appear in the list of variables)

2) During the upgrade, it was as if all my HVAC related devices got re-added to the Z-wave network: they were removed from scenes; were assigned a new Device ID; got removed from the room they were in, and they also lost all Group Associations (as set by Vera previously).  This applies to the Horstmann thermostats, boiler controller, and the Danfoss radiator thermostats.  All other devices were as before the upgrade.

3) After I pinned a bunch of devices to the dashboard and hit Save, Vera spent several minutes in "Configuring Z-wave devices".  It tried to configure a whole bunch of devices, ranging from scene controllers, light switches, radiator controller, thermostats, smoke detectors and sensors.  In many cases, it reported "failed at setting special association". 
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26:30 pm »
I have finally found how to upgrade. I just have to select english first.
Will do it later.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 04:30:08 am »
Upgraded my vera3, everything went fine, running perfectly up to now.

Thanks for the update! Really excited to see if my ezmotion hsm100 sensors start working again!

And thanks for not releasing the update on facebook! ;-)

EDIT: I can not vie the data in "ENERGY=>HISTORIC USAGE". Receiving the message "Invalid Data Received". Doesn't really matter to me, but just so you know.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9723.new.html#new
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:08:43 am by chixxi »
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

binburra

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:30 am »
The link dosent work for me when I past it to the firmware window. Anyone got the likk to past  in that works ?
But when I try I get this message below
Unknown firmware extension : com/firmware . Known extensions are : trx squashfs img bin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:11:54 pm by binburra »

Offline chixxi

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 05:38:16 am »
The link dosent work for me when I past it to the firmware window. Anyone got the likk to past  in that works ?

I don't really think you need to past the link. Just direct your browser to cp.mios.com/firmware and do the update from there...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline osmosis

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 09:01:18 am »
Installed and it seems much better than the last UI15. After installing my PW into the cameras they actually worked (a picture) without futzing with it.  However I did lose the ability to pan and tilt the Foscam.  What do I need to do the get that back.  On another note, I saw the Fibaro interface and I want - I want. Is there any plan to make the UI15 skinnable to accommodate a graphical interface. I'm sorry, but Vera and The UI15 looks like a project from a 1970's x-10 interface. The UI15 seems like a step back from even the UI14 in aesthetic appeal. I know that it's much more complex behind the scenes. But flashy intuitive interfaces are really m ore the norm. You show this system to someone and explain all it does and you get a "ok, thats nice, where is the home screen"  I saw a few concept "mock ups" of the UI15 and they looked great.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 11:33:24 am »
1) The Horstmann thermostats are still not displaying the measured temperature in the GUI (it does appear in the list of variables)

Interestingly, the Horstmanns do report their current temperature in the Overview screen of the Dashbord (which, by the way, is a very nice screen.  Not much scrolling due to the small representation of each device... I kind of wish the rest of the screens were like this)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 11:33:51 am »
Is the full process for upgrade described somewhere ? I mean, do we have to backup something before upgrading and restore it after upgrading ?
Will the settings (timezone, location, ...) be kept ?
Will the plugins be kept ?

I already made an upgrade but this was when receiving my VeraLite and I had nothing setup and no plugin already installed.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
This is the first real go I have had at using UI5, and I don't know how this release stacks up against previous ones, but I'm having some serious performance issues.  Sometimes Vera3 slows down a lot or becomes unreliable:
- Lights toggled from the GUI will take over 15 seconds to actually switch on or off, while the gui does not show any response until the light does switch
- Scenes triggered from remotes / switches sometimes take over a minute to fire, or they never start  at all (perhaps missing the triggering event)
- While this is going on, scenes on timers appear to function correctly and promptly.

Resetting the Lua engine or the physical unit does not help, but the problem will disappear by itself after a while.  Running tasks and memory on the unit do not indicate a shortage of resources.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

binburra

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 04:14:26 pm »

When I try to down load the beta I am getting this message below. Anyone can help with this problem please  ;)

Unknown firmware extension : com/firmware . Known extensions are : trx squashfs img bin

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 05:06:36 pm »

When I try to down load the beta I am getting this message below. Anyone can help with this problem please  ;)

How are you trying to load the firmware? Are you using cp.mios.com/firmware as the URL within your browser?

binburra

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »
Yes that is the address I am using

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »
This is the first real go I have had at using UI5, and I don't know how this release stacks up against previous ones, but I'm having some serious performance issues.  Sometimes Vera3 slows down a lot or becomes unreliable:
- Lights toggled from the GUI will take over 15 seconds to actually switch on or off, while the gui does not show any response until the light does switch
- Scenes triggered from remotes / switches sometimes take over a minute to fire, or they never start  at all (perhaps missing the triggering event)
- While this is going on, scenes on timers appear to function correctly and promptly.

Resetting the Lua engine or the physical unit does not help, but the problem will disappear by itself after a while.  Running tasks and memory on the unit do not indicate a shortage of resources.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Yes, I under the previous firmware and it was to do with the cameras and the Ergy plugin. I did not experience this time but I removed my cameras first and then added them again. I installed system info http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9587.msg65153.html#msg65153 to give me a better snapshot of my system.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »
Yes that is the address I am using

What browser are you using IE8, Firefox, chrome, safari?
At what stage does the message appear?
Do you get the welcome screen to select the Vera platform?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:35:14 pm by Brientim »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:44 pm »
Yes, I under the previous firmware and it was to do with the cameras and the Ergy plugin. I did not experience this time but I removed my cameras first and then added them again. I installed system info http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9587.msg65153.html#msg65153 to give me a better snapshot of my system.

Good call... I had 4 cameras all using the same defunct camera plugin.  I've removed them and got rid of the plugin files as well... let's see how the system will holp up. :)