We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.5.322 public beta release  (Read 26516 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: 1.5.322 public beta release
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »
So far the system is working nicely after deleting the camera plugin.  I'm now seeing the performance increase I was hoping/expecting to see going from Vera2 to Vera3; scenes get executed faster and react faster to triggers.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »
Upgraded to UI5 on my Vera2 (from UI4/v1.1.1338, IIRC) and as of right now, all of my Zwave devices are in the UI but I cannot manage them (change power state, etc). They are all "red" and a multiple of "Repair" operations as well as "poll" operations fail.

I have reported this to support (using the Support option in the UI) as well.

Help!!!

PS: Resetting my Z-Wave network (completely) isn't really an option since a couple of the devices I'm managing are outdoors, on the roof of my house and it's winter with snow up there)!
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
1.5.322 public beta release
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »
But the panasonic Plug in is still in the app store in ui5. If i delete it then all my for camera will be' delete, no?

Actually i m also not able to control ptz my camera, but i can see it.

Thank you

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »
well this is my first post on this forum, happy to join into the experience of controlling everything with my cellphone.
i unpacked my box with the vera light in it and didnt read the manual and just got it hooked on and waited for some lights to come up.
the wait wasnt to long and i was presented with some lights. i pressed the add device button since i have this 2 everspring wattage metered switches in the package deal. actually i had no idea what i should do and how to get this all working. some light where blinking so i presumed it was looking for the switches. i plugged them in and there it was blinking, after a minute or so it stopped and was activated. so now that was done i wondered how to acces the vera. i looked in my network neighbourhood and it showed the vera as an upnp device !  great thing ! my asus router has such too. i happily pressed the icon knowing it will be all ok now and i get this webpage of the vera... telling me it doesnt know any  htp:/192.168.1.148:49451/URL%20for%20presentation ...  darn... ah well i have the IP adress of the thing and i can acces it now hehe. so i looked a bit around in the nice ui .. try out the switch and energy measuring. works nicely.  i found out that it wanted a username so i made one and got to this forum and offcourse found this page with beta stuff and test things etc.  so i upgrade the firmware of the thingy (yeah yeah i couldnt help myself lol strange habit i have) .. hallelujah it went good. the vera rebooted and it worked out even with a 99% stable networkcable and i set max security on it. after this i read about removing the user login before upgrade and such. only thing not working is this energy measuring. i can set it from the online cp.mios.com but when i set it locally it give an error telling it cant do the job. online it presents a nice popup telling one it is gonna take a 20 secs to perform the bladibla it needs to send to the everspring to reset it and start measuring.
now my quest begins with looking for a 4 point switch and a door-bell .  i allready started thinking about this PIR sensor i have in my toilet to turn on the light automaticly. since this vera system can do some nice trickery it would be great if every room has a pir sensor and functions as alarm when im not at home and when i am at home it can be used to auto-switch the lights on when it is not light outside lol. also combining some  fibaro duo-switches to auto-level the ceiling lights to adjust the light automaticly from 1 to 2 bulbs according to the level of sunlight outside. i also planned to make a face recognition system so if a unknown person is in front of my door it automaticly opens the valve of the irrigation-installation and makes a movie of it with the security cam which sends it to my pc which uploads it automaticly to youtube for reverence.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline davem2421

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:08 pm »
update went great, so far no issues.

I thought I was going to have a problem as my vera 2 locked up the first time I tried the update but after a power cycle it ran with no problems and came right up.

Offline jwlehman

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:04 pm »
I just performed the update, and now have been looking at the "Loading Data" for the last 25 mins or so.  Tried rebooting the controller with no luck:

Vera3
Aeon Door Sensor
2 Foscam Cameras
Firefox

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:  I cleared the cache in Firefox and all is well.  There must have been some data from the old firmware version still in the browser cache.  Wanted to update my post so anyone else reading this would have something to try.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:54:16 pm by jwlehman »

guest12514

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:31 am »
Finally went ahead and upgraded to UI5, then switched to Vera 3 (restoring from backup).  So far, everything seemed to be working more or less, but there are a few observations:

1) The Horstmann thermostats are still not displaying the measured temperature in the GUI (it does appear in the list of variables)

2) During the upgrade, it was as if all my HVAC related devices got re-added to the Z-wave network: they were removed from scenes; were assigned a new Device ID; got removed from the room they were in, and they also lost all Group Associations (as set by Vera previously).  This applies to the Horstmann thermostats, boiler controller, and the Danfoss radiator thermostats.  All other devices were as before the upgrade.

3) After I pinned a bunch of devices to the dashboard and hit Save, Vera spent several minutes in "Configuring Z-wave devices".  It tried to configure a whole bunch of devices, ranging from scene controllers, light switches, radiator controller, thermostats, smoke detectors and sensors.  In many cases, it reported "failed at setting special association".

Can you please enable tech support on the unit where the issues encountered and send me a PM with the access codes so I can investigate?

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 11:14:14 am »
PM sent :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »
I have a Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat installed.  I had it installed previously, with no issues.

Now that I successfully upgraded to UI5 1.5.322, I re-added all my devices.  The thermostat includes just fine, and I can control the mode and set points.  However, I can't go between "Normal" and "Energy/ESM" any longer.  Vera says "ERROR Thermostat does not support this mode" even though I have used it in the past, and I can do that manually from the thermostat itself.  I tried excluding/including again to see if it would help, but no luck there.

I attached a picture of the error and the thermostat settings tab.  It doesn't get the manufacturer, etc...which I thought it did in the past.

I can command it to change via LUUP with the following:
ESM: luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },46)
Normal: luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },46)

Those commands work fine, and I can watch the thermostat panel and see it changing modes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:28:26 pm by PurdueGuy »
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Joe999

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:54 pm »
After upgrading to UI5 1.5.3.22 I am having the same issue with my Trane Thermostate "I can't go between "Normal" and "Energy/ESM" any longer.  Vera says "ERROR Thermostat does not support this mode" even though I have used it in the past, and I can do that manually from the thermostat itself. "

Offline srench

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 11:41:07 pm »
PurdueGuy and Joe999 - Having the same problem.  I reported the issue from within my VERA3 (ACCOUNT - TECH SUPPORT), as well as with bugs.mios.com.

Can't post the external link here - but under the UI5 Project, it is problem 0002256

I referred to this post as well.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:18 am »
@srench,

Welcome!

@PurdueGuy, @Joe999, @srench,

Thanks for reporting that. Appears to be a regression.

Here's the link to @srench's bug# 2256.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:38:07 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 08:59:20 am »
@PurdueGuy

MiOS uses the SetEnergyModeTarget action to set the energy mode (on UI4 it's the same). I don't think that anything has changed regarding the implementation of this action since UI4.

You said that you got it to work using the SetTarget action, so I changed the action in the Json file for those buttons to SetTarget. Please upload the attached file, reload LuaUPnP, reload the UI, test the energy mode buttons and tell me if it works.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:28 am »
UI4 uses the following to change between energy mode:
Service = urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1
Action = SetTarget

Please do not change the UPnP definitions between releases!!!!! This will break ALL remotes that do not currently have to know the difference between versions!

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »
I can confirm that the action for the energy mode buttons has been changed on 1 February, so the pre 1 February firmwares used the SetTarget action. It has been changed to match the specs from RCS.
For the ones that have issues with this:
  • Go to Setup >> Logs and enable Verbose logging.
  • If it's not already enabled, enable Archive old logs on server.
  • Press the Energy and Normal buttons on the thermostat device on the dashboard.
  • Send me an e-mail with the date and time you pressed the buttons on, and with your Vera serial number.
We need to get the logs to find why it didn't work for you.

Thanks.