We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 53686 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Release Candidate
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:08 am »
Depending on the temperature level, the icon will appear blue for cold or red for hot.

cool:
less than 65F
less than 18C

Heat:
65F or above
18C or above

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »
RC working well

Any thought around "partitioning" the Favorites by Room or labeling like <Room> - <Device Name> ?

Offline capjay

« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2012, 06:29:59 am »
Depending on the temperature level, the icon will appear blue for cold or red for hot.

Speaking of icon colors, I have a thermostat, while cooling, sometimes the icon is blue and sometimes it's gray (even when cooling) any special meaning?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2012, 06:46:29 am »
RC working well

Any thought around "partitioning" the Favorites by Room or labeling like <Room> - <Device Name> ?

It is on my list. I still need to figure out how I want to go about it as I am limited on room for the tiles.

Speaking of icon colors, I have a thermostat, while cooling, sometimes the icon is blue and sometimes it's gray (even when cooling) any special meaning?

It should only be gray when the thermostat is set to off (not in auto, heat, or cool). What type of thermostat are you using?

- Garrett

Offline capjay

« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:59 am »
It should only be gray when the thermostat is set to off (not in auto, heat, or cool). What type of thermostat are you using?

I'm using Trane Z-wave tstat with beta 8 (working solid). I'm pretty sure the AC is on, yet the icon is gray. Screenshot attached.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:45 am »
Looks like a bug with the Mode set to auto. Ill have to look into it and see what I can find.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2012, 02:41:15 am »
I have hopefully fixed the issue with the Thermostat mode not showing the correct icon when in "Auto" mode. I was not accounting for the icon change when in this mode and hence why you see the gray icon. It should now reflect the state it is in either heating (red icon), cooling (blue icon), or idle (gray icon).

- Garrett

Offline capjay

« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:30 am »
I have hopefully fixed the issue with the Thermostat mode not showing the correct icon when in "Auto" mode.

Kudos for another squashed bug :-)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2012, 03:13:56 am »
I am hoping to have an official release by this weekend. It looks like no new bugs have cropped up so far. The fix for the temperature icon will be in the official (next) release.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:15 pm »
RC working well

It is on my list. I still need to figure out how I want to go about it as I am limited on room for the tiles.

The newer "device panel" UI, while nice looking, has a lot of unused space, and the panel gfx takes up extra room. Maybe an option to use the older UI .. a List View?

I had a few UI thoughts I hope you consider... I mocked up a slight mod to your current UI to add the room names and also show the previously used toggle, which I think looks much nicer than the separate rectangles for on/off, and would also free up space for other info.. like a 'last triggered' day/time, or something relevant to the device.

have a great holiday weekend!

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2012, 07:35:37 am »
I had the first snag in a while last night. I selected the view scenes, which I hardly ever do, and when I went back to devices everything was displayed. Changing rooms brought everything back to normal, but even if I pressed scenes or devices while still in that room everything was still there.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:42 pm »
That is odd. I tried to mimic the same thing and I can not reproduce the issue. I went to the scenes section and back to devices and got the devices for the room selected. I'll keep playing and see what I can find.

Aaron,

Where you have the room labels is where I was planning on putting them. Even though you say that there is wasted space, my goal is not to clutter up the tiles to make it hard to read the information that is important. The goal of the tile is for the important stuff and some quick actions. As for the toggle switch, I went with the separate on/off buttons as I got requests to have them. It also makes it easier to select the correct function. Say that the light is on, but for some reason Vera reports that it is on. If it was a toggle, you would have to toggle the button several times to get the correct action. With the separate buttons, all you have to do is select off.

I moved away from the list view to keep the UI the same across all platforms (phone, tablet and googletv). It would be too time consuming to maintain different layouts across multiple platforms and would get complicated fast.

I'll try and get the room labels added in for the final release that I hope to have out at the end of the weekend. Have a great / safe holiday.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2012, 06:34:01 pm »
Yes it is odd. I haven't encountered this before or since. Granted I don't view the scenes tab much. It is not reproducible. I just thought I'd mention it any way. It's probably just another issue with my Transformer.

Thanks again for this great tool. I use it daily.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2012, 06:48:28 pm »
Where you have the room labels is where I was planning on putting them. Even though you say that there is wasted space, my goal is not to clutter up the tiles to make it hard to read the information that is important. The goal of the tile is for the important stuff and some quick actions. As for the toggle switch, I went with the separate on/off buttons as I got requests to have them. It also makes it easier to select the correct function. Say that the light is on, but for some reason Vera reports that it is on. If it was a toggle, you would have to toggle the button several times to get the correct action. With the separate buttons, all you have to do is select off.

I moved away from the list view to keep the UI the same across all platforms (phone, tablet and googletv). It would be too time consuming to maintain different layouts across multiple platforms and would get complicated fast.

I'll try and get the room labels added in for the final release that I hope to have out at the end of the weekend. Have a great / safe holiday.

- Garrett

I do like the look of the panels, it is nice.

I understand the reasoning for the separate buttons.

Observation and thought about action/reaction/refresh of the GUI...
I was wondering if you'd be able to add in an option where the user's last command would be "sticky" in the GUI - thus immediately showing the to-be state of the device?
Currently the GUI will show the 'last state' until it refreshes from Vera; then the GUI reflects the changed state. This can take a few seconds and is a bit confusing, especially for guests. In those few seconds the user thinks the command did not work (since the GUI does not reflect the change) and may try to change it again.
... thoughts?

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2012, 04:07:09 am »
Hi Garrett.

I think that when the application is started, data are not refreshed. Can you confirm ?
If that's true, I think you should refresh data automatically at startup.