We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52364 times)

Offline radarengineer

Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 4
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »
@garrettwp, the new layout is really sharp!

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2012, 01:15:52 am »
The crashes I was experiencing before seem to have completely disappeared. Also, thanks for including the temp set point in the tile for thermostats.

It's coming along nicely and I'm still using it all the time.

Now if only my tablet worked properly (don't get an Asus Transformer Prime).
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:14 am »
@garrettwp, the new layout is really sharp!

Thanks for the comment. I am trying my best to make it clean.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2012, 01:43:04 am »
The crashes I was experiencing before seem to have completely disappeared. Also, thanks for including the temp set point in the tile for thermostats.

It's coming along nicely and I'm still using it all the time.

Now if only my tablet worked properly (don't get an Asus Transformer Prime).

The crashes I found were related to the progress indicator and I have rewrote how it works in the app. I am glad that this fixed the crashes. Still learning here...

Is the location of the set points ok? Should it be tweaked? Now that the UI design is set, I can work on tweaking, adding new features and fixing any bugs that may crop up. With the new error reporting in this release, I have fixed several bugs that were being reported. I have a feeling it is going to be a huge life saver when it comes to finding and fixing bugs. Should have added it a long time ago.

Some things I will be working on for beat 5:

Just added battery level for devices that report battery status. Still needs tweaking. (requires firmware UI 5 1.5.344 or newer)
Redesign the Alarm Panel Dialog
Tweak the HVAC Dialog
More tweaking...

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:26 am »

Is the location of the set points ok? Should it be tweaked? Now that the UI design is set, I can work on tweaking, adding new features and fixing any bugs that may crop up. With the new error reporting in this release, I have fixed several bugs that were being reported. I have a feeling it is going to be a huge life saver when it comes to finding and fixing bugs. Should have added it a long time ago.

I just tried setting temperatures via AutHomation. I can now interface with the set point directly but the app doesn't seem to respond to what I set. I just stays the same after hitting "Done".
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »
I just tried to turn off a light by hitting the off button on it's tile and instead of turning it off the screen changed to a different room. Anything like that ever happen to anyone else or was it just a fluke?  :P

And I didn't accidentally change rooms via normal methods.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2012, 12:40:30 am »
That is very odd indeed. This only occurred once? By any chance and I know that you stated you did not change rooms by normal methods, but was the tile next to the list of rooms? Could it be that your finger accidentally hit the room next to the tile? Just trying to eliminate all possibilities. I have not experienced this issue.

- Garrett

UPDATE:

Scratch that, I did find a glitch in the build and fixed the issue. For some reason if after selecting different rooms, the app would not release the data of the previous room selections and when the app would go to refresh the data, it would refresh the current room you are in plus the previous rooms that were viewed prior.  Thanks for let me know about the bug.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:58:33 am by garrettwp »

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:43 am »
ah cool.. this probably also fixes that when resume from standby after some time the switch from my tv-module responds with empty bla.

Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »
ah cool.. this probably also fixes that when resume from standby after some time the switch from my tv-module responds with empty bla.

Did this happen in the version before this one or did it only show up in the current beta?

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »
still happening.. mostly after resume from standby of the phone. probably it gets confused as i have my wifi settings to automaticly connect to mobile internet whenever it looses wifi connection or is in standby.
its telling me it got an empty response.. not sure whats causing it. seems to have improved with latest version though.

Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2012, 01:20:28 pm »
I made some additional changes the other day to try to get data a few times before warning the user. Before it would just try once with the active server and a second time on the backup server. The issue you are experiencing is that it is trying to get the data but looks to not have a solid connection with the vera and causes the data to be incomplete.

- Garrett

p.s. I am hoping to have another beta by friday with more bug fixes and a few tweaks to the UI. I am trying to release a new build at the end of each week. (Do not hold it against me if I slip here and there). I am hoping that I can get something official to release to the market in the near future. So please provide me any feedback and issues.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:22:24 pm by garrettwp »

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »
Yeah, I certainly didn't accidentally press another room. The one that appeared was about as far away from the one I hit as possible.

On another note, this version I'm using now is much more stable than the one in the market. Basically it always works. The one in the market basically works too, just that it would crash on me from time to time and that's history now. So I wouldn't be uncomfortable about putting it up in the market, of the play area, or whatever they call it now.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:33:23 pm by S-F »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:41 pm »
S-F,

Glad it is stable for you. I am trying my best to get everything as stable as possible. Programming in Java and Android is all new to me and I have come a long way in the past year. I want to add a few more features to this version and tweak the UI before releasing to the market(play area). But hopefully in the very near future this will get added to the market. You guys have provided me with a lot of feedback and your concerns and I really appreciate it.

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »
I made some additional changes the other day to try to get data a few times before warning the user. Before it would just try once with the active server and a second time on the backup server. The issue you are experiencing is that it is trying to get the data but looks to not have a solid connection with the vera and causes the data to be incomplete.

- Garrett

p.s. I am hoping to have another beta by friday with more bug fixes and a few tweaks to the UI. I am trying to release a new build at the end of each week. (Do not hold it against me if I slip here and there). I am hoping that I can get something official to release to the market in the near future. So please provide me any feedback and issues.

- Garrett
that be great :)
take ur time and i do my best to be of assistance.. and yes it can be put on the market, i guess, since other version tends to crash anyways and this one is fairly stable and it will auto-update then instead of me having to turn on bluetooth and send it etc. :D
might as well set up a paypal donations account so we can "give you the €0,02 in reality lol

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2012, 10:49:44 pm »
100% reproducible. When under Global /Devices if I turn my bathroom light off, for example, once the command is sent the screen will refresh and only show the devices in my kitchen while the tab on the left side still indicates Global, All.  Oddly if I manipulate a device in any other room I still get only the kitchen devices after the refresh. Pretty weird. Probable wasn't caught before because the global view isn't used much.