We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52656 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:34 am »
installed 2.0  looks nice but i like the old way of switches better.  first there was a toggle switch and now i get this poppup with the switch , it takes more space and its less usefull this way. for the rest its a major improvement :-)
when i press an unknown device presented with a ? (questionmark) the app immediatly crashes. (powercontroller for mce and heliotrope)

i use:
-vera light (ver 1.5.322) connected to asus n56u router
-dell streak 2.3.2 android phone connected to t-mobile internet

p.s. is there support for other languages ?  i can translate for you if you need any .. dutch/german/french/croatian/greek

I looked at your data and loaded it up on my app to try and reproduce the crash. I did not get any crashes. I did make changes on the back end after I released the public beta that must have fixed your issue. I am hoping to have  a new release out in the next day or so with the new changes and some bug fixes. Hopefully I can get started on the rest of the things on my list.

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 08:53:28 am »
I looked at your data and loaded it up on my app to try and reproduce the crash. I did not get any crashes. I did make changes on the back end after I released the public beta that must have fixed your issue. I am hoping to have  a new release out in the next day or so with the new changes and some bug fixes. Hopefully I can get started on the rest of the things on my list.

- Garrett
most appreciated
strange thing is my batteryscreen dissapeared as well and the batt-loader gives errors on my phone.. reverted it to busybox 1.9.3 as this worked better.. the app still crashes though.. it doesnt when i dont press the buttons and it restarts pretty fast so i dont have a problem with it.. take ur time. i fi can be of assistance lemme know  ;D
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 3
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 10:07:41 am »
I just posted a new updated beta. Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any suggestions.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:46 am »
It looks like the new dashboard armed/bypass buttons are coming up vertically centered on the GoogleTvV.  This places them (roughly) on top of the device label.

Also, for scenes, single they simple actions also, you may run to expose a direct (Run) button for them.

My device is a Logitech Revue, running on a 1080p 58" display. (if it matters)

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 10:34:47 am »
Yeah, I can work with this. Thanks for working so hard to make concessions. It is really much appreciated.

One thing though, it seems the, I don't know what to call it, thing that would circulate when refreshing, is gone. As I was having issues with crashes before, and you thought that it might be due to closing before the refresh was done that might be a good feature to have.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
A few extra findings...

a) I managed to move keyboard focus to a lit and turn it on from the dash, but now I have a message like "Guest Bedroom 2: Transmit was ok" that's stuck on the UI of that Device.  It marquees every now and gain, but doesn't go away.

Not sure how I managed to get keyboard focus on the On/Off buttons either.

b) the DPad Ok button won't navigate to the Device dialog if it has dashboard buttons.

c) IR dashboard device have a ? Icon instead of the usual IR icon (cosmetic only)

I really like the grid arrangement... It should help speed through the devices a lot faster.

PS: didn't notice before that you had GTV keyboard controls for (S)cene, (D)evices, (A)ll, (R)efresh and (L)search.  .. Very handy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:44:00 am by guessed »

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:36 am »
I just posted a new updated beta. Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any suggestions.

- Garrett
going to now :-)
per room favourites would also be nice option and a compact page with only pushbuttons maybe
edit;
tried it now and it dont crash anymore :-)  ah wel this one time when i slide ftom devices screen to left to the selectionscreen and back
but i donno what i exactly did and cannot reproduce it till now.
the landscape has now 9 tiles which lower row is only half shown.. might it be possible to put the on/off buttons right next to the picture on top of eachother so it can fit the 9 tiles..  my screen is also 800x480 but it is a dell streak with another dpi then most phones with this display res
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:46:11 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 11:35:05 am »
A few extra findings...

a) I managed to move keyboard focus to a lit and turn it on from the dash, but now I have a message like "Guest Bedroom 2: Transmit was ok" that's stuck on the UI of that Device.  It marquees every now and gain, but doesn't go away.

Not sure how I managed to get keyboard focus on the On/Off buttons either.

b) the DPad Ok button won't navigate to the Device dialog if it has dashboard buttons.

c) IR dashboard device have a ? Icon instead of the usual IR icon (cosmetic only)

I really like the grid arrangement... It should help speed through the devices a lot faster.

PS: didn't notice before that you had GTV keyboard controls for (S)cene, (D)evices, (A)ll, (R)efresh and (L)search.  .. Very handy

Guessed,

Those controls were not suppose to show up on the googletv interface. I must have changed something and not checked the googletv version to make sure. I will fix this asap.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:39 am »
Yeah, I can work with this. Thanks for working so hard to make concessions. It is really much appreciated.

One thing though, it seems the, I don't know what to call it, thing that would circulate when refreshing, is gone. As I was having issues with crashes before, and you thought that it might be due to closing before the refresh was done that might be a good feature to have.

The progress indicator should still be there. I am going to fix a few things and upload a new build. This is running on Ice Cream correct?

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Uploaded new build to fix the googletv issue.

@S-F

Try and load this build up and see if the progress indicator is working. It shows up on my Asus Transformer running Ice Cream and HTC Evo running Ice Cream.

@guessed

Clicking on the scene icon, (Tablet and phone versions) will fire off the scene. The comment "Transmit Ok" should go away after the next refresh.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:00:58 pm by garrettwp »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »

- Garrett
going to now :-)
per room favourites would also be nice option and a compact page with only pushbuttons maybe
edit;
tried it now and it dont crash anymore :-)  ah wel this one time when i slide ftom devices screen to left to the selectionscreen and back
but i donno what i exactly did and cannot reproduce it till now.
the landscape has now 9 tiles which lower row is only half shown.. might it be possible to put the on/off buttons right next to the picture on top of eachother so it can fit the 9 tiles..  my screen is also 800x480 but it is a dell streak with another dpi then most phones with this display res

I looked at the specs of the Dell and will try to emulate it and see what I can do.

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 01:07:54 pm »
I looked at the specs of the Dell and will try to emulate it and see what I can do.

- Garrett
most impressive :-)
its not major thing though..
this time when i installed latest version my phone-app asks to move it to sd-card :-)  this means u made major progress am i right ?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 01:41:37 pm »

- Garrett
most impressive :-)
its not major thing though..
this time when i installed latest version my phone-app asks to move it to sd-card :-)  this means u made major progress am i right ?

Hmm, the option to move to sdcard has always been there. Not sure why it came up now. I did make some progress on getting more to fit onto your Dell. What I did was to have the grid auto fit the tiles based on the screen resolution. So what you see is the most that it can get onto the screen.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 01:57:31 pm »
So I loaded up the new build and there was still no progress indicator. I locked and unlocked a door and turned a light on and off through the toggle interfaces on the tiles. Same as I did earlier with the last build. No progress indicator present. Then I tried to change the temperature on a thermostat and had to open up a new window to do it. After opening the new window and making the change the progress indicator appeared where it was expected to be. Now it persists even after closing the window. Go figure. Maybe this would have happened with the last build too. I don't know as I didn't try opening a window. On another note, changing the temp is pretty difficult for me. I couldn't change it by selecting a number to delete and replacing it. I had to use the slider which was pretty difficult to get the desired number with. I just tried it again and I still can't manage it (changing the temp by using keys that is). Oh, and it would be nice to have the target temp listed as well as the current on the tile.

And as always this is on my Prime with ICS.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:59:33 pm by S-F »
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »
Hmm, the option to move to sdcard has always been there. Not sure why it came up now. I did make some progress on getting more to fit onto your Dell. What I did was to have the grid auto fit the tiles based on the screen resolution. So what you see is the most that it can get onto the screen.

- Garrett

ow nvrmnd that i have it on main mem as i have enough space on it (2x32gb sd-card)
this screen solution is the most perfect :-) thnx for the extra trouble you made, highly appreciated
i hope to have my 6 power node next week so i can see how this works out on the vera.. so far what i understand its not 100% working with vera and might have 7 buttons instead of 8.. this would be a good test for the prog and offcourse a new device.
still wonder why the switched power-outlets are considered light-switches... i mean i now have a device called coffeemachine which consumes 1490 watts and it has a light-bulb next to it lol .. not that it aint the brightest idea to have coffee but it aint a light .. its vera related and not to ur prog but still this would be nice if it be changed to power-outlet or something like that.. switched load perhaps.. and a icon like a standard wall-outlet country-specific even