We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52079 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 4
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:48 pm »
100% reproducible. When under Global /Devices if I turn my bathroom light off, for example, once the command is sent the screen will refresh and only show the devices in my kitchen while the tab on the left side still indicates Global, All.  Oddly if I manipulate a device in any other room I still get only the kitchen devices after the refresh. Pretty weird. Probable wasn't caught before because the global view isn't used much.

S-F,

This sounds like a similar issue you were experiencing with the room changing when turning off a device. I hopefully have fixed this issue.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:49 am »
Oh man I hope so. That was the first time I had selected All and now It will flash between the room I want to see and all quite frequently. And it happens when I interface with a device.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:53:42 pm by S-F »
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Martimus

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:50 pm »
Hi all...

Just downloaded the public beta to experiment with.  Tried loading it on my two Android tablets.  Works great on my Motorola Xoom running ICS 4.0.3.  Does not work, however, on my HP Touchpad running an Alpha version of Cyanogen Mod 9.  The fact that it doesn't work on the Touchpad does not surprise me as CM9 is still very early in it's development.  Just wanted to let others know.

Since I'm rather new to Vera I'll play with this more over the coming days/weeks and provide additional feedback as appropriate.

EDIT:  Out of curiousity I installed a newer version of the CM9 ROM on my Touchpad and then tried installing the AutHomation HD app again.  This time it complained that it could not find my Vera Lite server.  I provided it my username and then password.  It now finds the Vera Lite server and seems to communicate with it ok.  It's possible that the older version of CM9 caused the issue and it's possible that the problem could be with AutHomation HD and CM9.  Either way it seems to be working at the moment...  so I'll experiment with it some more to see if I can find an explanation.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:38:38 pm by Martimus »

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 09:47:43 pm »
This app is going bananas on me. It seems to like recently utilized scenes and devices because when I change rooms it will bring the last used ones along with me into the new room. That is until I activate a new device and the screen refreshes. The craziness always happens on the screen refresh after activating a device.

Am I the only one here?

Jeez, this is making me self conscious.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:53:03 pm by S-F »
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:24 am »
This app is going bananas on me. It seems to like recently utilized scenes and devices because when I change rooms it will bring the last used ones along with me into the new room. That is until I activate a new device and the screen refreshes. The craziness always happens on the screen refresh after activating a device.

Am I the only one here?

Jeez, this is making me self conscious.

S-F,

If you give me another day or two, a new beta will be released and should have this fixed. I believe majority of the people are using this on their phones so they do not see this issue.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:13 am »
Hi all...

Just downloaded the public beta to experiment with.  Tried loading it on my two Android tablets.  Works great on my Motorola Xoom running ICS 4.0.3.  Does not work, however, on my HP Touchpad running an Alpha version of Cyanogen Mod 9.  The fact that it doesn't work on the Touchpad does not surprise me as CM9 is still very early in it's development.  Just wanted to let others know.

Since I'm rather new to Vera I'll play with this more over the coming days/weeks and provide additional feedback as appropriate.

EDIT:  Out of curiousity I installed a newer version of the CM9 ROM on my Touchpad and then tried installing the AutHomation HD app again.  This time it complained that it could not find my Vera Lite server.  I provided it my username and then password.  It now finds the Vera Lite server and seems to communicate with it ok.  It's possible that the older version of CM9 caused the issue and it's possible that the problem could be with AutHomation HD and CM9.  Either way it seems to be working at the moment...  so I'll experiment with it some more to see if I can find an explanation.

When you say it did not work, what do you mean by that? Does the app not load at all? When you were trying to configure the app, did you use the autoconfigure method? Were you on the same network as the vera unit?

- Garrett

Offline Martimus

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2012, 01:42:08 am »

When you say it did not work, what do you mean by that? Does the app not load at all? When you were trying to configure the app, did you use the autoconfigure method? Were you on the same network as the vera unit?

- Garrett

Before I upgraded the ROM on the Touchpad (CM9 Alpha 031812), the app actually acted like it found the Vera Lite on it's local network.  This was kind of odd since the wireless AP that my Touchpad connects to is on an adjoining subnet (outside my firewall).  When I first ran the app I clicked the auto config button and it immediately found the info on my Vera Lite.  The letter inside of the refresh indicator was an "L".  When I attempted to connect to it, however, I randomly got two different messages.  The first was an error message with an error code.  Unfortunately, however, I didn't write the message down and don't recall the specific message text.  The second message indicated that the connection timed out.

After I re-imaged my Touchpad with a newer Alpha build of CM9 (Alpha 031912) and installed the AutHomation HD beta, I again clicked the auto config button.  This time, however, it behaved differently and told me that it could not find my Vera Lite.  After a couple of unsuccessful attempts It asked me for my MIOS user name and then my password.  With that info it was able to locate and connect to my Vera Lite successfully as a remote device ("R" in the refresh indicator).

Given that the ROM on my Touchpad it an Alpha nightly build it's very possible that the ROM had an internal issue that caused the problem.  And, for that matter, re-imaging the tablet may have been all it needed.  That's the problem with nighlies... there is no guarantee of stability from one night to the next.  On the other hand, if it weren't for these Alpha releases, my poor HP Touchpad would still be running WEBOS  ::)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 5
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:20 pm »
It's been quiet in here. Either there are no serious issues and most of the bugs have been squished our no one is using the app.  ;)

It's it safe to say that the app is ready for market release? I just need to do a little cosmetic taking. Thoughts?

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »
It's been quiet in here. Either there are no serious issues and most of the bugs have been squished our no one is using the app.  ;)

It's it safe to say that the app is ready for market release? I just need to do a little cosmetic taking. Thoughts?

- Garrett

WTF? Did you release the new version when I wasn't looking? The app is going completely nuts for me. I have a bookmark for the dashboard now for when AutHomation goes crazy. As it is I wouldn't release it publicly. I personally didn't have any issues at all until the moment (the exact moment mind) that I switched to viewing all rooms. Never been the same. AutHomation shows whatever room it wants, whenever it wants. I try to turn the light off in my bedroom to go to bed and my daughter yells at me because I turned the lights off on her in the bathroom because the room changed itself right before I hit the screen. It's almost funny.  I haven't made any noise because I know you're not only a free man but also one with limited time who is developing software for free and I didn't want to pester you.

EDIT:

Well, I just checked the OP and sure enough you posted an update several days ago. I didn't notice because the thread progress didn't reflect it. I'm on it now and will report back in 24 - 48 hours when I've had time to put it through its paces.

Thanks for the update!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:04:35 pm by S-F »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2012, 11:16:31 pm »
S-F,

My apologies for not making a new post on the new beta. I've been working long 7 day weeks. Please let me know if this build fixes the sporadic rooms.

- Garrett

Offline grybrd

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2012, 12:09:08 pm »
@garrettwp  ... I am still on the old release cause family comes first as far as bugs go ..LOL

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »
@garrettwp  ... I am still on the old release cause family comes first as far as bugs go ..LOL

Don't worry about it. Just take the plunge. The newest version seems to be working fine.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:55 pm »
So all is well? No crazy room changing voodoo? Glad to here!  :)

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:15 am »
ima try the new version
a way to put a icon of a device or an icon that would start a scene from the aandroid-desktop would be nice :)
edit: installed and quit installer screen.. gone to desktop.. start authomation.. crash report send..  authomation starts anyway.. press 6 buttons of my 6 port powernode.. ey that went a bit faster then before  ;D   response time over t-mobile highspeed cell to my 100mbit fd home internet :  < 4 secs
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:26:27 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 05:12:31 am »
ima try the new version
a way to put a icon of a device or an icon that would start a scene from the aandroid-desktop would be nice :)

It is on the list. Not sure when it will get added.

- Garrett