We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52087 times)

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 5
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:13 am »
Just installed beta 5. Awesome. No immediate problems. I say go for it.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2012, 05:28:20 am »
ima try the new version
a way to put a icon of a device or an icon that would start a scene from the aandroid-desktop would be nice :)

It is on the list. Not sure when it will get added.

- Garrett
Lemme hug you :D
improvement on the beta5 is surely noticable, but you might wanna look at my crash-report.. some minor thingy i think.
http://blog.doityourselfandroid.com/2011/05/24/developing-android-home-screenwidgets/
http://www.vogella.de/articles/AndroidWidgets/article.html
this could be of help :)
was thinking of a per room  4x4 tile which holds temp, lightsensorvalue,humidity and powerusage and link to authomation prog , separate 1x1 tiles for any device. maybe put per 4 in a 4x4 tile. and some 2x1 tiles for drapers, fibaro duo-switch, curtain-control,heating,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:40:15 am by Da_JoJo »
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2012, 06:01:32 am »
I did get your crash report. In the beta 5, I made changes to the database. I used the database feature called onUpgrade() and it alters the database tables. I have tested this on different android platforms and on the previous versions of the app. I am not sure why it crashed on you. The error was that it could not find the new columns that were added. I will have to look into this further and try to get this nailed down. It should have populated the new columns before adding the new data.

Anyone else have any issues when loading up beta 5?

- Garrett

p.s. to fix this, go into the app settings and under Development click on "Clear Database" option.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:05:31 am by garrettwp »

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2012, 06:10:33 am »
think its my 6 port powernode.. i switched group just before and the order is changed but authomation didnt keep up as i closed it and updated the prog.. energy readings from the device also not working 100%
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2012, 07:03:08 am »
The energy readings are not working in the app or in general?

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2012, 07:48:38 am »
Dimmable lights no longer have toggle buttons on the tiles? That's something I'd like to see. Even if it's just the ability to tap the tile to toggle the state. But then again, that opens the new window for the device.

So far no craziness, although I haven't really put it through it's paces yet. I have tried selecting all rooms, or devices, or whatever it is, and the rooms aren't changing on me any more. So that's a relief.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:28 am »
Dimmable lights no longer have toggle buttons on the tiles? That's something I'd like to see. Even if it's just the ability to tap the tile to toggle the state. But then again, that opens the new window for the device.

So far no craziness, although I haven't really put it through it's paces yet. I have tried selecting all rooms, or devices, or whatever it is, and the rooms aren't changing on me any more. So that's a relief.

I am planning on adding an option in the settings section to choose weather to display the slider or on/off buttons for dimmable lights. Same will go for window coverings as well.

- Garrett

Offline Da_JoJo

« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:34 am »
The energy readings are not working in the app or in general?

- Garrett
general, the sub-devices tend to mess up the measurement reading..

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2012, 11:22:03 pm »
@garrettwp,

I just installed AutHomation on my Kinde Fire, which I plan to mount on the wall.  So far, so good...excellent work!

I am running UI5, and I moved changed some category numbers to move things to different tabs under "Devices."  I moved all fans (either actual fan controllers (VRF01s) or just regular switches (VRS15s) to be on the "Climate" tab instead of "Lights" tab.

Now because of that, AutHomation seems to think they are thermostats?  The icons are a grey thermometer with null degrees and null set points.  Tapping on one of them results in the app crashing.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2012, 01:25:24 am »
@garrettwp,

I just installed AutHomation on my Kinde Fire, which I plan to mount on the wall.  So far, so good...excellent work!

I am running UI5, and I moved changed some category numbers to move things to different tabs under "Devices."  I moved all fans (either actual fan controllers (VRF01s) or just regular switches (VRS15s) to be on the "Climate" tab instead of "Lights" tab.

Now because of that, AutHomation seems to think they are thermostats?  The icons are a grey thermometer with null degrees and null set points.  Tapping on one of them results in the app crashing.

Because you changed the category numbers of the devices, the app thinks that those devices are the new categories. The app figures out what device type each device is by the category number. The reason for this is that I use lu_sdata which is a simple version of the data that Vera uses. This keeps the bandwidth down and also speeds up refreshing of data. The only way to fix this is by changing the devices back to their respective device categories.

- Garrett

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28:33 am »
Because you changed the category numbers of the devices, the app thinks that those devices are the new categories. The app figures out what device type each device is by the category number. The reason for this is that I use lu_sdata which is a simple version of the data that Vera uses. This keeps the bandwidth down and also speeds up refreshing of data. The only way to fix this is by changing the devices back to their respective device categories.

- Garrett
I figured as much, just thought I would check!
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:17 am »

- Garrett
I figured as much, just thought I would check!

I put in a request with MCV about a month ago to add the service id of the devices into the lu_sdata. This would allow me to parse by the service id of the device and not the category number. This would allow me to easily support user plugins and also allow for what you are doing.

- Garrett

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »
should I always receive a snapshot from my vera unit instead of a real video streaming in my Skyrocket? ....in the other hand, this beta release works smooth....also, do i have to root my kindle to get the .apk file in it?.....(i've tested the video from the vistacam via "local dashboard" and get no image...

..sorry for my English...

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2012, 10:10:43 pm »
should I always receive a snapshot from my vera unit instead of a real video streaming in my Skyrocket? ....in the other hand, this beta release works smooth....also, do i have to root my kindle to get the .apk file in it?.....(i've tested the video from the vistacam via "local dashboard" and get no image...

..sorry for my English...

Right now it is just still images. Streaming is on the top of my list though.

- Garrett

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2012, 10:18:55 pm »
..Garrett, five stars!!