We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52034 times)

Offline capjay

Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 5
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2012, 06:30:22 am »
the HD beta version is amazing! Very smooth, no problems at all. Definite 5 stars.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:25 pm »
Well, it seems to be running completely correctly. I stand corrected. I had assumed that some of the problems I was having were related to my device or to the OS but these days everything works as expected.

Cheers! And thanks for all the hard work. I'm using this app on a very regular basis and it beats anything else out there.

Aside from being able to toggle devices from the tile, as we have already discussed, the only thing I can say is that devices that can only be toggled, like outlets and son on, don't need to have a new window that opens when hit.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2012, 08:42:57 am »
jeej found another flyer  ;D

and yes thanx for all the hard work and im greatfull to have been of help.
it would not been this great without you
it more then deserves the 5+ stars as this made homecontrol go to the next level.

like to add another option for the near future :  gps tracking...  so that one leaves the house and all gets shut down automaticly :)
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline chixxi

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:12 am »
Did some extended testing/playing on the weekend. App is running perfectly fine on my Sony Tablet S. I was very glad to see that you realized so many wishes which were mentioned in the beginning of this forum!

And I am also very happy to see that you are still trying to make your app compatible with vera-plugins in other threads in this forum  ;)

Impressive work, thank you.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:54 am »
Glad things are working out so far. I am hoping to have another build out soon. Been sick this past week and working way to much overtime does not help either. It is taking me longer to get another build out. I have fixed more bugs that were reported by users via the crash reporting tool. I am also adding voice recognition to the app as well (only english is supported for now). More details about that later. Also more UI tweaks have been made.

As for trying to support 3rd party plugins. It is on the top of my list. It is a matter of getting MCV on the same page and implement my request of adding the device type into the lu_sdata for each device. Another option is to have MCV add "device id" to the search request of the "finddevice" luup request. Both solutions have been discussed with MCVFlorin and MCV. Just waiting to hear on which solution will be implemented. Hopefully the first option. MCV is hesitant in adding the device type to the lu_sdata as they believe it will cause the lu_sdata to grow large in size. I do not think it will have that big effect on the size of the data. Time will tell.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2012, 09:32:35 pm »
@ gattettwp, I know you've talked about adding voice commands and am wondering if you've thought about adding support for RichardTSchaefer's HAL? I don't know all of what adding voice support would entail but I'm assuming that to do it right would take a lot and you could let him take care of it. Or if not maybe just add support for HAL so two separate tools aren't needed.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2012, 12:16:01 am »
Richard's HAL remote is a great piece of software and he has done a fine job with it. There are a few reasons for adding my own voice recognition into my app. I do not want to have to depend on a client / server type software that needs to be installed on a windows computer running all of the time. The only computer that runs 24/7 is my linux server that hosts my virtual machines, etc. My other computers are off or sleeping when not in use. I also do not run windows all of the time as I am a linux guy. You also have to be on the local network to use the software unless you open up ports in the firewall which I am very strict about.

The way I am implementing voice recognition is using Google's voice search api's. The voice data gets sent to google's servers for processing and results get sent back to the app for parsing. The only requirement is that you have an active internet connection (which should not be an issue). It will take some work and time to get it to work and done right, but hopefully it will be a useful feature.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2012, 08:32:40 am »
Fair enough. All good points.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 6
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2012, 04:56:25 am »
A new beta has been released (Beta 6). This release it to fix the bugs that were sent to me via the crash reporting utility. It also fixes some memory leaks. Minor UI adjustments were done as well.

I have been extremely busy the last month with work (working long 7 day weeks) and recovering from being sick. Hopefully I can get some free time to add a few more features before a final release. Let me know if you have any problems.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2012, 06:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the option to control the tiles for dimmers. It' been rock solid for me. In fact I think it might be the most solid app I use. I'll of course let you know if there is anything wonkey with the new release.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Offline Odeen

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »
Hi Garrett,

I'm happy to report that Beta 6 runs swimmingly over Wimax.  I don't need to disable 4G anymore.  :)

Thanks!!

Offline grybrd

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2012, 06:27:19 pm »
Question from the guy who waits on all fixes so the family factor is steady .... when is this going to app android store?????

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2012, 12:30:38 am »
Hopefully in the very near future. At this stage the app is pretty stable and if anything more stable than the official release on the market.

- Garrett

Offline sirkro

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2012, 02:29:39 am »
Newest beta is awesome :)

I got a power meter from North-Q that fives me current Kwh. Could you make it possible to show that on a power device? Currently it only shows Watt.

Offline cokeman

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:07 am »

I got a power meter from North-Q that fives me current Kwh. Could you make it possible to show that on a power device? Currently it only shows Watt.

The Kamstrup power meter is the same, only shows the Watt and not the KWH...  :-\

/Cokeman
Vera 3 in the summerhouse, Vera Plus at home
@Denmark