We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52039 times)

Offline sirkro

Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 6
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2012, 02:48:51 am »
And if you add this to <application android:hardwareAccelerated="true" and compile with sdk 4.x, animations will be quite smooth on android 4.x devices.  :)

The app will still be compatible with older versions of android.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2012, 03:50:08 am »
Newest beta is awesome :)

I got a power meter from North-Q that fives me current Kwh. Could you make it possible to show that on a power device? Currently it only shows Watt.

Can you provide me the lu_sdata so I can see what the values look like?

UPDATE:

I had cokeman's lu_sdata and looked at the power meter. I'll add that to the list.

And if you add this to <application android:hardwareAccelerated="true" and compile with sdk 4.x, animations will be quite smooth on android 4.x devices.  :)

The app will still be compatible with older versions of android.

Hardware acceleration is already enabled in the manifest.

- Garrett

p.s. I found a few more bugs that were reported by the crash reporting tool. I have (hopefully) fixed those bugs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:54:01 am by garrettwp »

Offline cokeman

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:20 am »
Sounds great...

Need an Alfa tester, then let me know :D

/cokeman
Vera 3 in the summerhouse, Vera Plus at home
@Denmark

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2012, 11:49:31 am »
I want to apologize to everyone. It looks like the last build created new bugs and stability issues. This was caused by fixing the memory leaks. I had to rewrite some code throughout the app to fix them. The crash report utility is helping me track them down. Sorry for the bad user experience. I'll try and get out a new release by this weekend. On the bright side I'm glad I got the memory leaks fixed. I'd rather have it break now than later.

- Garrett

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »
@garrettwp, I have this running on four devices (two sprint evo 3ds, an old elocity A7 tablet running 2.2, and a logitech revue). I've been testing most new versions on each of these and recently generating quite a few crash reports. I can't quite tell what is crashing or I would post about it.

I don't really mind the crashes so much, I just wanted to make sure that I'm not flooding you with two many crash reports. It sounds like from your last post that isn't a problem. As long as that isn't the case I'll keep doing my best to find bugs.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2012, 12:05:34 am »
Thanks for the info. Are the crashes happening mostly from the latest build? The reports help me a great deal, so use it like you normally would. I fixed the bugs that I received in the last few days. Most of these bugs are from the changes I had to make to correct the memory leaks and are more or less simple syntax mistakes. I'll try and get a newer build out this weekend and hopefully with a few more goodies added.

All in all, besides the crashes, how is it performing as a whole? Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions and comments.

- Garrett

Offline capjay

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »
Amazing work!

Just a quick feature request: supporting virtual switches. I use them a lot as manual parameters to my scenes, and I imagine adding support for them would be trivial.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:38:01 pm by capjay »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2012, 02:03:39 pm »
Amazing work!

Just a quick feature request: supporting virtual switches. I use them a lot as manual parameters to my scenes, and I imagine adding support for them would be trivial.

Thank you for the comment.  As for the virtual switches, if you are referring to the virtual switch plugin, I would love to add support. However, currently the data that I use lu_sdata does not have the required info that I need to distinguish the virtual switch plugin as well as other plugins. So support for 3rd party plugins are limited until MCV adds the required support that I have requested. As soon as they add the support that I need, supporting 3rd party plugins will happen. There are a few threads mentioning this and I do hope MCV can get this request in. One other issue is that if/when they do add this, it will most likely only be available in the next firmware of UI5.

- Garrett

p.s. A workaround would be not use the virutal switch plugin and create the virtual device doing the following:

UI5:

1. Upload the following file I_VirtualSwitch.xml:
    1. Click on Apps -> Developer Apps -> Luup Files
    2. Upload the file in the upload section on the right (no need to restart luup)

2. Click on Create Device
3. In the Device Type box enter: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1
4. In the Upnp Device Filename enter: D_BinaryLight1.xml
5. In the Upnp Implementation Filename enter: I_VirtualSwitch.xml
6. Click on Create Device (a pop up should pop up saying device has been created)
7. Click on the Reload  to restart the luup engine.

Offline drag0n

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2012, 02:28:52 pm »
Thanks for you great work! This app is amazing  :)
Beta 6 has broken tablet view on my Kindle Fire. Multiple crash reports have been sent
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »
I'm aware of the issue and have hopefully fixed it. It will be in the next beta.

Thanks for the good words.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 7
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:26 am »
Beta 7 has been released. Many bug fixes and force closure fixes. Also included voice recognition that is experimental.

- Garrett

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:53 pm »
So far I'm having great luck with the voice control, and beta 7 seems to have fixed my crash problems.  :)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »
Great to hear is this on AutHomation or AutHomationHD? I will focus on fixing bugs and getting the voice recognition stable and will hopefully get this ready for official release.

- Garrett

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »
....runing Beta 7 (for 2.3 and older) but I'm getting the "......dont understand the request" message...I've tried with the TURN..device name ON....but got the same message...  ....I think it is my English pronunciation....then I swicthed the initial name for its traduction in english (cocina = kitchen)..but nothing happens....

.....on the other hand....everything goes excellent
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:06:32 am by tomcat »

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2012, 10:44:16 am »
This is on my Evo 3d so AutHomation. When I bought the phone we were promised ICS so hopefully soon I can switch to AutHomationHD in the future. I also have a Revue that is basically only used to run AutHomationHD on my TV, but as far as I know I can't test voice control with it :)