We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52353 times)

Offline grybrd

Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 7
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:03 am »
OK ... 'he' who waits till things are released had to download your beta app.  Thanks for such a great update!!!   Tried the speech thing and it will turn on a light but not turn it off ... get the ole don't understand message.  Garrett thanks again the family will like it too.

Doug

The voice recognition can take some getting use to. Speaking clearly and not too fast seems to be the key. Once you get the voice commands down, it should work pretty well. It has been pretty flawless for me.

- Garrett

It must be the Minnesota accent ... will try real English to see if that helps .... LOL

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 7
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2012, 01:10:35 pm »
(beta 8  )
.....Finally I could turn On / Off a power outlet, , Lock / unlock a Yale bolt.... but before that , I had to change the default language of the voice recognition settings to English (US),....then replace the device name for its English traduction and it worked, one thing I really liked was the option to "pick an action" ( even show you a list of the devices) .....when the voice command recognizes part of the command ....so anyone with English being their second language should do what I did or wait for a future release with this feature (Spanish language)  ;) hehe.......
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:36:40 pm by tomcat »

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 8
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »
Installed Authomation beta on a ZT180 (Zenithink ChiPad) 7" running Android 2.2. Recognizes my GE and Intermatic devices and lets me control them. Sees my Trane thermostat and shows the correct values. Sees and allows me to control my Schalge lever and deadbolt locks.

Installed AuthomationHD on an HP Touchpad running CM( (ICS) Recognizes my GE and Intermatic devices and lets me control them. Sees my Trane thermostat and shows the correct values. Sees and allows me to control my Schalge lever and deadbolt locks.

Voice recognition is not available on either device. :-(  Still, this app rocks! Thank You!

I only have one request. :-) an iPhone version!

Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2012, 03:09:10 am »
I was all set to try to put Ice Cream Sandwich on my TouchPad this weekend to try out voice recognition, but then I read that the microphone is supported, since they are changing all the audio stuff.  :-(
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: 3-in-1 not shown
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:06 am »
You can retrieve the lu_sdata by going to the following link:

http://ip:3480/data_request?id=lu_sdata

Where ip is the vera ip address. Before you send it off, please go through the data and carefully remove any passwords or sensitive data you might have. You can take the data and put it into a json formatter found here: http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to have the data be easily readable. You can than send the data to authomation at garrettpower.com.

What has me baffled is that by looking at the pictures, they look like normal temperature and light sensor devices. AutHomation should have no problem picking them up.

- Garrett

OK, I've sent you an email with that data.  I also noticed setting the default page to 'Favourites' doesn't seem to work when the app loads.

The voice recognition is cool, but the 'beep' seems to interfere when waiting, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

I looked at your data and it appears that your temperature sensor and light sensor are set up as a generic i/o device. In the device settings for the temperature and light sensor, what is the device file set to?

- Garrett

Offline conchordian

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2012, 11:43:19 pm »
Here they are:
http://i.imgur.com/lwtdE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dTMdj.gif

I forgot to clarify what I meant by the beep of voice recognition interfering.  When the voice recognition is ready to receive input it plays a 'ding', but unfortunately that sound is analysed by the software as a command before a proper one can be spoken.

I also noticed when using Android 2.3, and clicking on favourites, the screen snaps to the bottom and you can't pick the menu items above, until you press the options button, (the one with the three lines, whatever it's called).  As soon as you press that, the page justifies itself correctly.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:52:08 pm by conchordian »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:49 am »
Here they are:
http://i.imgur.com/lwtdE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dTMdj.gif

I forgot to clarify what I meant by the beep of voice recognition interfering.  When the voice recognition is ready to receive input it plays a 'ding', but unfortunately that sound is analysed by the software as a command before a proper one can be spoken.

I also noticed when using Android 2.3, and clicking on favourites, the screen snaps to the bottom and you can't pick the menu items above, until you press the options button, (the one with the three lines, whatever it's called).  As soon as you press that, the page justifies itself correctly.

Thanks for the images. Not sure why the devices are showing as generic i/o and not as light and temperature sensors. As for the beep, it should not interfere with the recognition. Before the beep, the microphone is muted and after the beep is finished, the microphone is un-muted to prevent any interference. As I do not have any devices right now running android 2.3 or older, It is hard for me to test.

As for the favorites, can you clarify a little more? Are you referring to the menu when you long press on one of the items?

- Garrett

Offline conchordian

« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2012, 02:08:17 am »
It's almost as if it's unmuting a bit too soon.  I wonder if I can get into something like 'system sounds' and replace it with a shorter beep, or one with less reverb.

I'm not sure if it's just limited to favourites, (I'll check), but up the top of the screen is a list with things like rooms, scenes, etc. and only half of their words are being displayed because the screen has scrolled down to the very bottom, even though there's only a couple of devices in favourites and plenty of room on the screen to display them without scrolling down.  When you press the options button the screen scrolls up, or refocuses, and you can read all the menu items properly up the top.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:37 am »
It's almost as if it's unmuting a bit too soon.  I wonder if I can get into something like 'system sounds' and replace it with a shorter beep, or one with less reverb.

I'm not sure if it's just limited to favourites, (I'll check), but up the top of the screen is a list with things like rooms, scenes, etc. and only half of their words are being displayed because the screen has scrolled down to the very bottom, even though there's only a couple of devices in favourites and plenty of room on the screen to display them without scrolling down.  When you press the options button the screen scrolls up, or refocuses, and you can read all the menu items properly up the top.

What type of device is this running on? Is the on a phone or tablet? If this is on a phone, there should not be anything on top. The favorites section should look like the following image attached. As for the beep, this can not be changed as this is coded into the app. The beep plays via the android media player api calls, when the player is done playing the beep, it will un-mute the microphone. There is an api call for the mediaplayer that gets called when it is done playing the sound. I am using this to know when it is done playing the beep to un-mute the microphone.

- Garrett

Offline Odeen

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2012, 03:32:36 am »
Garrett,

2.0 Beta 8 has the WiMax  bug again.  I have no data connection if 4G is enabled on my Sprint phone.  Have to use Beta 6 for now.

Offline cokeman

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2012, 03:41:08 am »
Hi Garrett,

How about the KWH reading, will that make it to the beta 9 ?

/Cokeman

Vera 3 in the summerhouse, Vera Plus at home
@Denmark

Offline conchordian

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2012, 04:04:51 am »
What type of device is this running on? Is the on a phone or tablet? If this is on a phone, there should not be anything on top. The favorites section should look like the following image attached. As for the beep, this can not be changed as this is coded into the app. The beep plays via the android media player api calls, when the player is done playing the beep, it will un-mute the microphone. There is an api call for the mediaplayer that gets called when it is done playing the sound. I am using this to know when it is done playing the beep to un-mute the microphone.

- Garrett

Tablet running 2.3

http://i.imgur.com/PE6ec.jpg is pic  of the menu items being chopped.

Cheers

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:42 am »
Garrett,

2.0 Beta 8 has the WiMax  bug again.  I have no data connection if 4G is enabled on my Sprint phone.  Have to use Beta 6 for now.

Nothing has changed between 6 and 8 for the connection checking. Since I do not have wimax in my area, I can not physically check this on my sprint phone. So trying to trouble shoot this will be an issue. When you enable wimax, are any of the other radios enabled? I would like to find out what is going on with this and fix it for you.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:43 am »
Hi Garrett,

How about the KWH reading, will that make it to the beta 9 ?

/Cokeman

It is on my list, not sure if it will make the next beta. I need to change things around on the backend for the data and that would also require me to make changes to a few other things in the app. I still need to go about how I want to add the extra data in.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2012, 05:11:45 am »

- Garrett

Tablet running 2.3

http://i.imgur.com/PE6ec.jpg is pic  of the menu items being chopped.

Cheers

What is the black bar at the bottom? This is not part of the app and is the cause of the app having the top portion cut off. Does this happen only when first loading of the app or during the operation of the app? It seems like the menu bar for android is not properly hiding itself to allow the app to go into full screen mode.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:18:45 am by garrettwp »