We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52113 times)

Offline Odeen

Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 8
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2012, 09:18:06 am »
Garrett,

2.0 Beta 8 has the WiMax  bug again.  I have no data connection if 4G is enabled on my Sprint phone.  Have to use Beta 6 for now.

Nothing has changed between 6 and 8 for the connection checking. Since I do not have wimax in my area, I can not physically check this on my sprint phone. So trying to trouble shoot this will be an issue. When you enable wimax, are any of the other radios enabled? I would like to find out what is going on with this and fix it for you.

- Garrett

Thanks.  :)

The Wi-Fi and Wimax radios are mutually exclusive.  Wimax radio disables itself if Wi-Fi is turned on and connected.  The 3G radio is always active.
So, any time Wimax radio is active, AutHomation 2.0 B8 keeps giving a "No Data Connection".  With both WiFi and Wimax disabled, it works fine over 3G.  With WiFi enabled, it works fine in local connection mode.

Also, when I try to auto-configure while Wimax is active, I get a "NO INTERNET CONNECTION: There is no internet connection.  Please enable an internet connection" dialog box.

With only 3G enabled, everything seems to work.  Switching between Wifi and 3G switches AutHomation between local and remote connection modes.  It seems to behave exactly like Beta 5.

Unrelated:
1) it was really convenient to have 6 device tiles per screen in Beta 6.  I can't find a way to enable that in Beta 8...
2) Upgrading from Beta 6 to Beta 8, all my devices disappeared.  I had to clear the cache and reconfigure my password, etc. to get them to appear again.  Weird.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »
Garrett,

2.0 Beta 8 has the WiMax  bug again.  I have no data connection if 4G is enabled on my Sprint phone.  Have to use Beta 6 for now.

Nothing has changed between 6 and 8 for the connection checking. Since I do not have wimax in my area, I can not physically check this on my sprint phone. So trying to trouble shoot this will be an issue. When you enable wimax, are any of the other radios enabled? I would like to find out what is going on with this and fix it for you.

- Garrett

Thanks.  :)

The Wi-Fi and Wimax radios are mutually exclusive.  Wimax radio disables itself if Wi-Fi is turned on and connected.  The 3G radio is always active.
So, any time Wimax radio is active, AutHomation 2.0 B8 keeps giving a "No Data Connection".  With both WiFi and Wimax disabled, it works fine over 3G.  With WiFi enabled, it works fine in local connection mode.

Also, when I try to auto-configure while Wimax is active, I get a "NO INTERNET CONNECTION: There is no internet connection.  Please enable an internet connection" dialog box.

With only 3G enabled, everything seems to work.  Switching between Wifi and 3G switches AutHomation between local and remote connection modes.  It seems to behave exactly like Beta 5.

Unrelated:
1) it was really convenient to have 6 device tiles per screen in Beta 6.  I can't find a way to enable that in Beta 8...
2) Upgrading from Beta 6 to Beta 8, all my devices disappeared.  I had to clear the cache and reconfigure my password, etc. to get them to appear again.  Weird.

Something is not adding up here. The number of tiles did not change between betas. Beta 8 still showed 6 tiles for phones that have a screen resolution of 800x480. I have attached an example of what beta 8 looks like. Did you go to the correct link to download beta 8?

https://www.wuala.com/garrettwp/Android/AutHomation/Public%20Test/?key=cqDXsXIbSidI

Can you try and install beta 8 again and see if the problems still persist? It sounds to me like you ended up installing an older version some how.

- Garrett

Offline conchordian

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2012, 11:26:36 pm »
What is the black bar at the bottom? This is not part of the app and is the cause of the app having the top portion cut off. Does this happen only when first loading of the app or during the operation of the app? It seems like the menu bar for android is not properly hiding itself to allow the app to go into full screen mode.

- Garrett

It is the status bar that displays things like the Wi-Fi signal strength, clock, Bluetooth symbol, etc.

When you first load the app it looks like it tries to hide it, in that all the icons, clock, etc. disappear, but the black line remains as you can see in the picture.  As soon as you press the button to "Access Settings, Auto Config, Unit Info, About", the black bar disappears and the screen refocuses properly.

From then on the black bar doesn't reappear and you can read the title bar at the top.

Cheers 

Offline Odeen

« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »
Something is not adding up here. The number of tiles did not change between betas. Beta 8 still showed 6 tiles for phones that have a screen resolution of 800x480. I have attached an example of what beta 8 looks like. Did you go to the correct link to download beta 8?

https://www.wuala.com/garrettwp/Android/AutHomation/Public%20Test/?key=cqDXsXIbSidI

Can you try and install beta 8 again and see if the problems still persist? It sounds to me like you ended up installing an older version some how.

- Garrett

You're RIGHT.  I somehow managed to download an older version of the Authomation.apk.  The file shows as having been downloaded 5 days ago, but it's clearly older than Beta 6.

Beta 8, however, has issues with ALL Internet access to the Vera.  Initially, it crashed with the 4G radio enabled, and simply gave a "no Internet access" error when I disabled 4G and ran on 3G only.
You should have a few crash reports from around 2:10-2:20 PM, Pacific time.

Now, it runs on 4G, but does NOT detect the 3G data connection
Here is the procedure I used to reinstall:
WiFi, 3G enabled, 4G radio disabled

Task Manager - Kill AutHomation, then close all active applications
Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Authomation
* Clear Data
* Uninstall

Installed the latest AutHomation.apk. 
Verified application version 2.0.1.8 through Manage Applications.

Launched AutHomation
Connection Settings - Auto Configure (to configure for local operation)
Password - <MIOS password>
Remember Network
Auto Connection Switching - Check

Verified local operation
Disabled WiFi (Now using 3G radio only)
Switched back to AutHomation and...  "No data connection"
Noticed that I was still in "Local" mode - switched to "remote" connection type
Tried turning a light on...  and still no data connection.

Tried restarting AutHomation - no change
Turned on WiFi - AutHomation stayed in remote connection mode
Switched to Local mode, and it works again.

Note: The web browser works while on 3G, so it's not a phone connectivity issue.

Weird.  Beta 6 has no connection issues, and always seems to be in the right connection mode.

If you could send me a build with extra logging features, I'd be happy to install it, and run it with Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G enabled.  Hopefully it'll give you some idea about what's going on.  Otherwise, I can understand how hard it is to troubleshoot something remotely, and running on a platform with its own idiosyncrasies (like WiMax).  :)

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2012, 06:16:36 pm »
ow yeah this is nice men !
i missed a few weeks here and found you've added speech recognition. awesome !
and yes it works on my dell streak running android 2.2.2 with loquendo TTS susan speechvoice
the speechrecognition was not that great, but after i found out it was set to dutch language and i had put this on english it worked so much better lol
really like this be-lazy-and-enjoy functionality.
mobile data <> local wifi  auto-switching is working better now vs beta4 i had before this beta8.
overall speed improved a lot
had 1 crash (getting used to it lol) probably this exotic database running on the device or the 200+ apps)
funny thing is, the authomation prog resets and continues where it left working fine. pretty neat.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline Aaron

« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2012, 11:46:59 am »
garrettwp
I just tried the latest beta... it seems much more responsive. Nice work.

One request... I really like the UI overall except when choosing a device/event, it opens a popup - this adds two unnecessary actions/presses (extra one for opening the popup, and closing it).  I ask that you allow control of the events/devices directly from the main screen and remove the popups - or provide that as a switchable option in the settings. Thank you.

thanks for the great app!

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2012, 04:56:24 pm »
garrettwp

One request... I really like the UI overall except when choosing a device/event, it opens a popup - this adds two unnecessary actions/presses (extra one for opening the popup, and closing it).  I ask that you allow control of the events/devices directly from the main screen and remove the popups - or provide that as a switchable option in the settings. Thank you.

We've already been through that one. To a certain degree you can control what is displayed on the tiles.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline capjay

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2012, 05:41:53 am »
One request... I really like the UI overall except when choosing a device/event, it opens a popup

I find the popup useful, it displays some extra info, like actual battery percentage for example.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:34 pm »
garrettwp

We've already been through that one. To a certain degree you can control what is displayed on the tiles.

I'll be more clear... PLEASE add an on/off  switch on the device panels. It is VERY wasteful to need to open panel just to turn a light on or off.  If you want to open the panel, just make it happen by touching the icon.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:13 am »
Sorry for being absent for the last few days. Been laying low trying to get things done around the house and relaxing a bit. I should have a minor update in the next day or two to fix any bugs that have been reported since the last beta and minor tweaks.

garrettwp

I'll be more clear... PLEASE add an on/off  switch on the device panels. It is VERY wasteful to need to open panel just to turn a light on or off.  If you want to open the panel, just make it happen by touching the icon.

Not sure that I am understanding what the problem is. The tiles show what I call quick action buttons. So if you have a light device, it should show an on/off buttons with out having to open the popup. Same goes for other devices like dimmable lights, locks, security sensors, window coverings, and so on. See attached images. The reason for the popup windows for the devices is to allow for more information to be displayed for the device and controls that would not fit on the tiles. As there is no way to have dynamically sized tiles for each type of device. This is also to keep the tiles clean as possible and to also maintain a single UI between phones, tablets and googletv (makes my life much easier to maintain a single interface design between platforms).

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2012, 12:18:08 am »
I have another request  ;D

can you add the room label to the panels,  or a partition the screens by room label when using All or Favorites?  Since,  unless one adds the room to the device name,  which would be redundant,  it will be impossible to know which "Light" belongs to what room.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2012, 12:22:07 am »
I'll look into what I can do. I am trying my best not to clutter up the tiles as much as possible. What I usually do is add an abbreviation of the room to the title of the device. For example say I have a light in my master bedroom, I would us the letters MB in front of the device name (MB Main Light or MB Ceiling Fan). But let me see what I can come up with.

- Garrett

p.s. I am trying to have a new beta out in the next day or two.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »
cool, thx. having full labels would be great - guests don't understand abbreviations. Which brings me to another request... a 'guest mode' would be awesome.

Thought around how Guest Mode would work....
Guest Mode would need a password to turn on or off
Admins could hide not only devices but also tabs and rooms: Favorites, Scenes, Kitchen, Basement, etc

I'd like to place a tablet in the kitchen for guests to use and have your app running but "locked down" in Guest Mode. This would be sweet!

great work, looking forward to the next beta!

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2012, 03:26:06 am »
im still a happy user :-)
you could use a guest acccount on the vera, disabling possibility to change config and use this for the authomation but there is still an option to autoconfigure which gets the other users names from the device. Anyways it needs a  password.
running new 2.3.3 korean rom on my streak now and it made the prog run considerably faster. the voice-recognition also works a bit better.
my little brother came to me with his galaxy tab 7.7 and he told me he had find a program called  "tasker" with this program you can make taks for you android like when the gps is on a certain point start a program.
this made me think.. it would be nice to have such an option in the authomation prog.. when it reaches a certain point on gps > turn on lights and unlock the house and deactivate alarms. Or set a certain range or area which authomation responds on with turning on the heating or something like that.

Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2012, 04:44:11 am »
I believe Home Buddy has Tasker integration so you can do exactly as you described.

Sent from my GT-P1000