We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 (Closed: Official Release in Market)  (Read 52007 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 9
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2012, 06:49:47 am »
Have a look here:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/USB_swapfile_creation

and here to activate it across a reboot:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8883.msg71591.html#msg71591

In the past when you do a firmware update, you would have to recreate the swap file. Not sure if this is the case with UI5 (have no need for it now).

- Garrett

Offline baxy_AU

Re: Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 9
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2012, 04:34:03 am »
Thanks for the links and information.
To get back on topic, I would like to +1 the idea of adding an ALL operator to the voice commands if possible so that the command will be sent for all device name matches
Eg: "set all dimmable lamps to 30%" or "close all shutters" etc

[/quote]
that would be even better :-)  disable or be able to set it to user defined phrase.

edit: while ur at it .. voice command for all on / all off  would be nice too
edit2: on the other hand one could make a scene where everything is being turned off and call it "Mi Shizzle"  and open VR and say : "run Mi Shizzle"  .. or "activate mi shizzle" it works but its ehh weird.. :-)

i have also a scene where it turns on light and heating for my pet .. i sorta dislike the idea of :  "execute my pet"
[/quote]

Offline baxy_AU

Re: Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Beta 9
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:00 am »
Thanks for the links and information.
To get back on topic, I would like to +1 the idea of adding an ALL operator to the voice commands if possible so that the command will be sent for all device name matches
Eg: "set all dimmable lamps to 30%" or "close all shutters" etc

[/quote]
that would be even better :-)  disable or be able to set it to user defined phrase.

edit: while ur at it .. voice command for all on / all off  would be nice too
edit2: on the other hand one could make a scene where everything is being turned off and call it "Mi Shizzle"  and open VR and say : "run Mi Shizzle"  .. or "activate mi shizzle" it works but its ehh weird.. :-)

i have also a scene where it turns on light and heating for my pet .. i sorta dislike the idea of :  "execute my pet"
[/quote]

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2012, 05:19:23 am »
I'll add that to my list. Right now I am focusing on bug fixes and will try and get a final build out this weekend. I just got a new laptop and waiting on some parts. So work will be limited until I can get everything installed and where I need to be.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2012, 06:41:10 pm »
I find it odd that you still have bugs to hunt down since it's been rock solid for me. I just installed beta 9 last night. I didn't rush to 9 because I didn't have a single issue with 8. And I also started a new job which has me going whenever I'm not sleeping :-\

Thanks again for this great tool. Your dedication to it is really quite impressive and I for one am very grateful.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Odeen

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2012, 07:59:21 pm »
Hi Garrett,

Beta 9 works peachily over 3G, 4G Wimax and Wi-Fi.  :)  Not sure what the issue was with Beta8 and 3G. 

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2012, 07:02:44 am »
Most of the bugs are in AutHomation and are pretty minor. But a bug is a bug and it is best to fix it. :) I have been receiving less and less crash reports. Either I have got a pretty stable build or not many people are using the app (hopefully the former). I need to find some time to get the next release out. Which should be the last and hopefully official release. I hope to get that time in the next day or two.

- Garrett

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2012, 05:11:14 am »
Hi Garrett.

I just played with your application on my Android phone. I like the ability to have each device in (more or less) full screen 8)
I encountered no problem.

Two things that I don't really like:
- there is no way to exit quickly the application. Back button seems to go through all the navigation history (like the browser)
- we have to select a room first and so no way to have devices from different rooms at the same time. But that is a choice.

Good work. I will now switch between your application and Home Buddy.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2012, 05:12:09 am »
Hi Garrett.

I just played with your application on my Android phone. I like the ability to have each device in (more or less) full screen 8)

- there is no way to exit quickly the application. Back button seems to go through all the navigation history (like in the WEB browser)
- we have to select a room first and so no way to have devices from different rooms at the same time. But that is a choice.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2012, 07:03:29 am »
Hi Garrett.

- there is no way to exit quickly the application. Back button seems to go through all the navigation history (like in the WEB browser)

lolodomo,

Thank you for your comments. Let me answer your concerns:

1. When you mean exit, do you mean exit completely out or going back to the main screen? If it is for the main screen, I can look into having the application icon at the top left hand corner allow you to go directly to the main screen. If it is for exiting the app completely, you can use the home button on the device.

2. You have a few options: You can select the all room to show all of your devices. You can than sort by category if you want to break it down more. You also have the option to search for a particular device as well. Or make use of the favorites section. The usability as you can see is different from what HomeBuddy offers. Some prefer my layout and others prefer HomeBuddy's.

- Garrett

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2012, 09:29:51 pm »
Garrett, does using the home button to exit not leave the app running in the background like most apps?
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2012, 11:57:31 pm »
Pressing the home button will cause the app to go into a pause state and when opening the app it should resume to where it left off (just like all other apps). If you have the option to allow data to be refreshed in the background, a service process will run in the background.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Public Beta Build of Version 2.0 Release Candidate
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:03 am »
Just released another update. This is considered the release candidate. If no new bugs crop up, I will release this version to the play store. Changes posted in the first post.

- Garrett

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:27 am »
Garrett, does using the home button to exit not leave the app running in the background like most apps?

Yes, it is (verified).
That might be stupid but I don't like to leave applications running in background when I don't use them.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2012, 04:44:25 am »
2. You have a few options: You can select the all room to show all of your devices. You can than sort by category if you want to break it down more. You also have the option to search for a particular device as well. Or make use of the favorites section.

Yes, ok, that's fine finally.

I see that the temperature icon is sometimes blue, sometimes red. What does it mean ?