Author Topic: UI5 and iPad issues?  (Read 8704 times)

Offline intveltr

UI5 and iPad issues?
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:12 pm »
I've recently upgraded to UI5, and I'm now having issues bringing up the UI on my iPad.  It has worked a few times while I went around the house with the iPad configuring Zwave devices.  But now it has stopped working; the UI5 page appears but gets stuck on 'loading data' and never finishes.  On my PC it works fine.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and is there a fix?  The iPad is great for configuring devices in situ, and it would be a bummer if I can't do that anymore.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline jwlehman

Re: UI5 and iPad issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:08 pm »
Try going into Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data

I tried mine today (iPad 2) and it worked fine.

Regards,
Jeff

Offline intveltr

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:48:05 am »
I've tried that, as well as resetting the iPad completely and power cycling Vera.  It's still not working on my iPad 1, nor my iPhone 4S.

Compared to UI4, my browser (Firefox) takes longer to reload UI5 as well; it will sit there "not responding" for a few seconds, or a warning pops up about an unresponsive Javascript.  Then the "loading data" bar starts moving.  I see the same on the iPad; the browser appears to hang for a few moments, then "loading data" starts.  On the iPad it never stops...
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:05:10 am »
Try downloading Fing app to confirm the ip addresses on your network.

Shut down Vera, and router. Restart router, wait for it to cycle, and then restart your Vera. Use Fing to confirm the ip address. If it is reaming at loading data, leave it, do not try to refresh all the time as this may also cause other issues. It should clear itself giving time. You can also check it is running by SSH.

The latest Firmware does speed up the loading under UI5.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:27:10 am »
The IP addres I am using is correct; I can access Vera by the same address via my PC's browser.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 07:50:53 am »
I have two units and one upgrade to UI5 today, the other was on UI5 already. The only thing I had to do today with the one upgrade was ipadress/cmh and initially it took a while to load but worked great after that.

I did not clear my cache which would have made it take a little longer than it should have.

You can test this by assigning a new ip address and seeing the results.

On a side note: irrigation system integration I use EtherRain which I found easy to install and use, it can be found at http://quicksmart.com/

Offline intveltr

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:57 am »
I tried re-enabling WiFi on the Vera and connecting the iPad/iPhone to that.  Still no joy, it gets stuck on "loading data" like before.  The strange thing is that it worked perfectly for a short while atfer I upgraded, then suddenly stopped working.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
Do you still have full access via PC?  You may need to see if you connect via ssh to check the logs to se what is happening. The first time I upgraded to UI5, my system got stuck in a loop downloading a plugin that no longer exists. I upgrade again yesterday without any issues.

I had to upgrade from the PC.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:26 am »
I have access through the PC; Vera is functioning perfectly other than not letting me use the UI on my iPad.

The logs do not show anything unusual going on (or indeed any evidence of any web client connecting)

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »
The only suggestion I have at the moment is to try connecting via cp.mios.com, cp.mios.com/mobile and mios.com/phone.  Do you have multiple access points that you may try connect through a different one just Asa process of elimination.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:55:21 pm by Brientim »

Offline davem2421

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
For UI5 the external website is cpui5.mios.com

You may try that as well

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:52 am »
Hello @intveltr,

How did you go, did you manage to connect via the iPad. Did the other activities you conducted make a differences?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:03 am »
Sadly not, I am still unable to get past "loading data" from iPhone or iPod. 

Access through cpui5.mios.com is stuck on "loading data" as well, after I provide my credentials and select the right Vera.  That URL does work from a regular browser on my PC.

Offline Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »
Just wondering... Are you monitoring power usage? I just did a test and added multiple items to monitor and it took a lot longer to load via my iPad - from 20 seconds to 5 - 7minutes.  I removed them did speed it up again but not back to what it was previously.

Last test I can think of is to assign your unit different ip address from you router.

From you iPad wifi connection in setting try renew lease.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:12:58 pm by Brientim »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »
I'm not monitoring energy; the ERGY plugin is disabled.  I do see live power usage for a few devices, but that's all.