We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Feature Request: Specifying Triggers indepent of Scenes  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Dolphran

Feature Request: Specifying Triggers indepent of Scenes
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:10:56 pm »
(Model: Vera Lite with UI5)
(Length of Ownership: 6 days)

I think it would be nice to be able to specify Triggers indepent of scenes.  I could then for instance define up front Triggers for all of the buttons on a HA09, and then when defining or editing a scene I could pick from a list of (nicely named) pre-defined triggers.  It would be great triggers could then also be combined logically and shared in more than one scene.  For example Scene 1 could be triggered by Trigger A or Trigger B, but Scene 2 is triggered exclusively by Trigger B.  Also allow triggers to be easily saved/restored and shared with others. 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Feature Request: Specifying Triggers indepent of Scenes
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:58:54 am »
Yep, that's been mentioned a few times. You'd certainly expect something like that; especially since we're already giving them names. Not sure if MCV is planning on implementing something like that though.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:43:11 am »
I have also wished for this quite a few times, especially when I want to use the same trigger in multiple scenes, or when you want a certain device to do something on a trigger without having to create another scene to do it.  It would also be nice if you could have multiple triggers in one scene that are linked to different actions.  This would significantly cut down on the number of scenes you have to create, and you can get just about as complex as you wish.

Yep, that's been mentioned a few times. You'd certainly expect something like that; especially since we're already giving them names. Not sure if MCV is planning on implementing something like that though.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:23 am »
Add me to the list. I have enough "Front door opened" triggers to drive me insane.

I am considering making one scene per trigger. And the use LUUP code to fire off other scenes as needed. But maintaining scene numbers is painful too.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon