Author Topic: Garage door App not working  (Read 250 times)

Offline Lou

Garage door App not working
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:51:42 pm »
I don't know where to turn with the problem.  I'm having trouble setting up a scene to to close my garage door if it is open or do nothing if it's closed at a designated time in the evening.  I'm a rookie with this stuff and inherited a vera lite, UI5 system when we purchase this home in January.  The previous owner had it working perfectly with the Vera lite/UI5 & zwave equipment he had installed.  I recently upgraded to a Vera edge and UI7 and lost all the scenes during the upgrade.  So I installed the garage door app (which worked fine with old gear), set the devices #s in the new virtual garage door device fields and all that happens is that when the scene triggers,  it opens the garage door if it's closed or closes the door if it's open, just like hitting the button in my car remote opener.  The up/down sensor and garage door switch work fine.  As I said, all this worked fine with old equipment/firmware.

Does the app work with UI7?  Any suggestions on what to do or a place to go for help?

Thank you!!

Lou

Offline Sammy2

Re: Garage door App not working
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:06:44 pm »
I don't know where to turn with the problem.  I'm having trouble setting up a scene to to close my garage door if it is open or do nothing if it's closed at a designated time in the evening.  I'm a rookie with this stuff and inherited a vera lite, UI5 system when we purchase this home in January.  The previous owner had it working perfectly with the Vera lite/UI5 & zwave equipment he had installed.  I recently upgraded to a Vera edge and UI7 and lost all the scenes during the upgrade.  So I installed the garage door app (which worked fine with old gear), set the devices #s in the new virtual garage door device fields and all that happens is that when the scene triggers,  it opens the garage door if it's closed or closes the door if it's open, just like hitting the button in my car remote opener.  The up/down sensor and garage door switch work fine.  As I said, all this worked fine with old equipment/firmware.

Does the app work with UI7?  Any suggestions on what to do or a place to go for help?

Thank you!!

Lou

Closing a garage door unattended can have dire consequences. I suggest merely a notification during the "night" hours and then a camera on the area including the door so you can check that nothing is under the door when closing it with the app.

Otherwise, I think PLEG will do what you want handsomely.