We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Newbie - _Appliance Module appears as three devices instead of two  (Read 1682 times)

Offline xbmcnut

I'm a new owner of a Vera 2 and have paired my first device this evening and it's working well from my iPhone :D. The module is an In-Wall Double Switch (DHS-ZW-SWIW-02) purchased from Aussie that is showing up in MIOS as an "_Appliance Module". My question; both relays show up as separate items as well as the _Appliance Module item under devices (see the screenshot).

If I activate the "_Appliance Module" itself, only relay 1 fires. Of course, I have control of the the same relay with the device marked "1" and can control the 2nd relay with device "2".

Is this normal or is there a way to remove the Appliance Module and just leave the devices 1 & 2? I tried removing the Appliance Module and all three disappear.

I know it must be something stupid I've done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline therealabdo

Re: Newbie - _Appliance Module appears as three devices instead of two
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 05:05:35 am »
the _Appliance Module is the MASTER if you want to control both of the "1" and "2" devices at the same time

I once read about Hiding a scene , but never read about hiding a device. I will check and if anything i will let you know

but believe me i have the same module and you are gonna need this master. it makes thing easier sometimes

Offline xbmcnut

Re: Newbie - _Appliance Module appears as three devices instead of two
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »
Thank you therealabdo. That makes sense now. I of course didn't hear both relays clicking when turning on the master device and I only had a load connected to relay one. Will come in handy being able to activate both under the same scene.