We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Practical use cases: Maximum number of devices  (Read 1478 times)

Offline achalhoub

Practical use cases: Maximum number of devices
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:19:51 am »
I know that Vera advertises that you can link up to 232 devices to it. What i am interested in is what the maximum amount of devices one has "actually" installed with Vera and the system is working perfectly without any lag.

The biggest installation I made consists of 55 devices. I am planning for one that consists of 300 devices and 3 Veras.

Anyone would like to share the details of a big installation?

Offline aschwalb

Re: Practical use cases: Maximum number of devices
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »
I know that Vera advertises that you can link up to 232 devices to it. What i am interested in is what the maximum amount of devices one has "actually" installed with Vera and the system is working perfectly without any lag.

The biggest installation I made consists of 55 devices. I am planning for one that consists of 300 devices and 3 Veras.

Anyone would like to share the details of a big installation?

I have about 120 devices with three Vera's bridged...  Seems to work pretty well..  A couple of points.  If you are using controllers with scenes assigned (like the Leviton zone controllers) scenes need to be local to where the controller is associated.  A scene can reference unpn imported devices but cannot be assigned to a controller unless it is local.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »
[...]What i am interested in is what the maximum amount of devices one has "actually" installed with Vera and the system is working perfectly without any lag.
Things that play into it are probably how many scenes and plugins you have, and what they do. As well as the type of Z-Wave devices. If you had a mix of devices that either supported status reporting or are battery operated, there wouldn't be much polling going on, for example.

I believe @aschwalb made the split in 3 Vera's because of range issues, and associated lag through multiple hops, not necessarily lag due to a busy system.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline achalhoub

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:26:55 am »
Thank you guys for sharing this!!