Author Topic: Security: No access restriction?  (Read 9810 times)

Offline Chris H.

Re: Security: No access restriction?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »
I agree this is a MAJOR issue. My security cameras are bad enough but at least have a username, password to keep guest from prying and snooping. But since I have entered the camera's security information as part of my home automation so anyone on my network can do anything they want.

So what is the purpose of administrator, guest accounts. At a minimum there should be a username and password to at least make it slightly difficult to control my house and open my front door easier than just giving them a key to the house.
Vera Lite (1), Trane Thermostat (1), Yale Deadbolt (1), Foscam FI9821w (4), GE 45602 (1), GE 45603 (2), Intermatic CA600(11)/CA3000(6)/CA5100(4)/CA3500(3), Aeon Labs MicroSmartSwitch (1), Aeon Door/Window Sensors (3), EnvisaLink 3 on DSC 1616 (1), OpenSprinklerPi

Offline bucko

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 08:50:07 pm »
This is a very serious issue and I am also concerned that Vera does not have any isolated security measures.

I hope MCV can chime in and help address this issue.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline capjay

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »
...  at least have a username, password to keep guest from prying and snooping. [...]

there's a way to enable a username & password to access Vera's web UI; if you're using UI5, it's under Settings / Unit settings / select "yes" for "Do you want to secure this Vera"

if hackers already have access to your internal LAN, then you already have a serious security problem, regardless! If you need to give access to many untrusted "guests" then  you should have an isolated VLAN for those guests..