We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.5.344 (Vera3 & VeraLite) & 1.5.345 (Vera2) public beta release  (Read 25865 times)

guest12514

We released firmware version 1.5.344 for Vera3 & VeraLite and 1.5.345 (for Vera2). To upgrade please go to cp.mios.com/firmware. The release notes can be found here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes .

Please post here any issues you encounter and any feedback.

Offline Quinten

Re: 1.5.344 (Vera3 & VeraLite) & 1.5.345 (Vera2) public beta release
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:56 pm »
Oooh, will I risk it tonight or will I wait till tomorrow and a few others have updated...   choices! :D
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline chixxi

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:55:22 am »
I did the update on my vera3. I didn't test everything, but basically it's working...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline pncarrerars

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:02:38 am »
How do I download the beta? Using the link cp.mios.com/firmware tells me that my firmware is up to date and does not give the option of downloading the beta?

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 09:06:23 am »
Upgraded to .344.

All my devices and scenes started getting very erratic yesterday - scenes not triggering; 4-zone controllers not working and their LEDs on or off randomly; minimotes not working; etc.

This morning the UI has lots of red messages about neighbor nodes under devices.

I think I"m going to have to roll back a couple of versions to get my system working again.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline Turk4U2

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:07:04 am »
We released firmware version 1.5.344 for Vera3 & VeraLite and 1.5.345 (for Vera2). To upgrade please go to cp.mios.com/firmware. The release notes can be found here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes .

Please post here any issues you encounter and any feedback.

Going to cp.mios.com/firmware brings me to the setup for VERA. Going through the steps I only get the option to connect directly again to my VERA and UI5 is launched but there is no upgrade option around. Tried it with Google and IE.

I have read that I can go to Setup/Firmware and specify the URL for the new release under "Custom Mios Firmware"
But where can I find the URL ? I looked at release notes and FAQ and it is mentioned that I should contact MIOS to get the URL.
Where do you guys find it ?

Thanks !
VERAPLUS / UI7, Horstmann thermostats, Fibaro switches and dimmers, Duwi screen and blind controllers, DSC1832/IT-100, Foscam camera's, Itach WiFi2IR

Offline racarter

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:34 am »
Updated my Vera Lite last night.  All seems fine this morning. :)
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

Going to cp.mios.com/firmware brings me to the setup for VERA. Going through the steps I only get the option to connect directly again to my VERA and UI5 is launched but there is no upgrade option around. Tried it with Google and IE.

Just keep trying. In my experience, it often takes three or four tries before it will find the upgrade available.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline tlchris

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 12:10:40 pm »
My upgrade experience was very good.  I clicked the link above on my pc and it found my vera2.   I was on 1.1.1245, so the upgrade utility did recognize I hade to go through to upgrades.   Within 20 minutes both upgrades were done.

First off I upgraded because I was tired of adding and removing a Yale lock to my system over the last few days.  My Yale lock seems to be fully functional for the first time.   :).   When I saw the Yale was still not working my first inclination was to remove the device,  BUT after searching ever tab for 10 minutes i could not find a way to remove a device.  I clicked delete but the battery device came right back.  I could have pushed the exclude button on Vera but why.  The old interface let me do it in the interface.  I looked again the morning and read the user guide.   I cannot find an way within the interface to exclude a device.

The web interface is not super fast but then I did not buy Vera for the experience.

Scenes fired without any issues last night and this morning

I validated the square remote app on my iPad could still connect.  It did.

Other than the remove function everything looks good.

Offline knewmania

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 12:16:28 pm »
I had a situation where I wanted to remove a device and I was told the proper way is to:

"To exclude: Go to "Devices=>Add Devices=>Advanced Zwave Devices". There on the bottom you can choose to exclude devices. Then you do the same as when including a device. Push the devices include button..."

This worked for me.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline pncarrerars

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 01:10:10 pm »

Just keep trying. In my experience, it often takes three or four tries before it will find the upgrade available.

Thanks, I have now tried about 10 times with both Firefox & IE & still all I get is that my unit (vera lite) is up to date, no beta offered.  Any other ideas anyone?

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
I upgraded today, first in french, then in english. No major problem until now.

1) The French translation could be ... largely better ... I imagine easily that there is no french user in the beta test team and probably not in the micasaverde team ;) If Micasaverde is interested, I can help to have a better translation.
For example, in the dashboard overview, the labels "On" and "Off" in front of the buttons in the lights section are translated into "de" and "sur" ! That looks like a tranlation done by a robot which was never verified.

2) Except that, I encounter a case relatively strange. I installed the Visonic plugin from the app store. At the end of the installation, the main device is automatty created. Few minutes later, I decided to remove this device and I was informed that the Visonic plugin has been removed, which was confirmed when I checked in "My apps". Is it the normal behavior ? Then, I checked the luup files and discovered that some of the files from this plugin were still there but not all.
I could try to reproduce this double problem if necessary.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 02:52:25 pm »
When you remove the device, the plugin files still remain but not in use.

- Garrett

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »
When you remove the device, the plugin files still remain but not in use.

- Garrett

Ok but this is not what I noticed.

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »
I encounter a case when after managing rooms and moving devices to another room, after saving, the icon for these devices were the default one, not the usual icon for these devices.
Refreshing the web browser restores the usual icon.
I can try to identify a precise scenario.