Author Topic: ZIgbee with vera plus n dimable lights is very slow  (Read 251 times)

Offline Deeps

• Sr. Newbie
ZIgbee with vera plus n dimable lights is very slow
« on: July 20, 2018, 02:41:44 am »
Hi team,

I have developed a plugin which increase light intensity from 0-100 in 3mins and again 100 to 0 in 3 mins

This is working fine on my vera edge and bulbs glow immediately and even dimmable lights load proper updated values on vera portal

But when my customer installs same plugin and tries to do same, its tooo slow.. from logs it shown that im plugin is sending proper commands. But actual bulbs and dimmable lights get almost 120mins to reflect changes one by one which should actually get completed in 6mins.

he is using vera plus with zigbee, are there any chances that its getting slow because of it.

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
Re: ZIgbee with vera plus n dimable lights is very slow
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:49 am »
Hi team,

I have developed a plugin which increase light intensity from 0-100 in 3mins and again 100 to 0 in 3 mins

This is working fine on my vera edge and bulbs glow immediately and even dimmable lights load proper updated values on vera portal

But when my customer installs same plugin and tries to do same, its tooo slow.. from logs it shown that im plugin is sending proper commands. But actual bulbs and dimmable lights get almost 120mins to reflect changes one by one which should actually get completed in 6mins.

he is using vera plus with zigbee, are there any chances that its getting slow because of it.

I don't think it's the ZigBee causing it to be slow.  Either way more information on the setup is definitely needed.

Offline Deeps

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:11 am »
What all information do you need?

Offline RichieB

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 05:31:00 pm »
i had the same issue Zigbee unlike zwave runs on the 2.4 Ghz network like WiFi. pretty much the same available channels. I was actually using the Phillips hue setup and ultimately everything was pretty unresponsive and slow at times.

After doing massive research i figured out that you can mod the hue box and add antenna also change the zigbee channel to around 20 (yup 20) after i did that my response was phenomenal the only time my light don't respond is when the switch is off. so my little hue box has 2 massive 2.4ghz antenna on it and its pretty much instantaneous, weather using the app on my modile or through Vera

so maybe this wont help but u might be able to pick out some useful tips like the zigbee channel