Author Topic: Don't change the sensor state based on modes?  (Read 498 times)

Offline jsgoupil

Don't change the sensor state based on modes?
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:49 am »
I want to arm my sensors manually and stay armed irrespectively of the mode. If I keep my modes as "Default", it disarms itself during the day and arms itself at night. I don't want the modes to do anything about my sensor.

How can I achieve that?

Offline jsgoupil

Re: Don't change the sensor state based on modes?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 12:53:31 am »
This is quite unfortunate vera does not allow me to do this.
Does anybody know if the new firmware allows this? I have been holding off updating because it failed once.

I just need vera to stop changing my sensor state...

Offline RV

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:09:58 am »
I don't have it in front of me right now but under the modes settings you can set the state that each sensor should be in, in each mode for home, away, night, vacation.

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:56:57 am »
I don't have it in front of me right now but under the modes settings you can set the state that each sensor should be in, in each mode for home, away, night, vacation.

I believe what you are referring to is the settings set under the "My Modes" function, launched from the Dashboard. This is stored/expressed in the ModeSetting state variable (service urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1). The state variable ends up containing a string like this: "1:;2:A;3:;4:A", which means that for house mode 1 (Home) the sensor should be disarmed, armed for house mode 2 (Away), disarmed for house mode 3 (Night), and armed for house mode 4 (Vacation).

This is, in my view, an inconvenient and incomplete implementation, as there appears to be no way to say "don't change anything for this house mode." There is no explicit indicator for "disarmed," it is simply the matching value equal to blank. If you omit the entire specification for a mode, it treats it as blank, and disarms it. That is, if you set "ModeSetting" to just "2:A", it will arm the sensor going into Away mode, but disarm the sensor going into any other mode, even though what to do in those modes isn't listed on the variable's value.

It would be nice if there was a way to tell Vera just not touch the arming state of the sensor.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline Ionut S

• The handler
  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
  • A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 05:13:28 am »
I want to arm my sensors manually and stay armed irrespectively of the mode. If I keep my modes as "Default", it disarms itself during the day and arms itself at night. I don't want the modes to do anything about my sensor.

How can I achieve that?

It would be nice if there was a way to tell Vera just not touch the arming state of the sensor.

Ello, we've added a feature request so you could select a device to ignore when changing mode, basically "if it's possible" you should be able to select one or multiple devices to ignore when Vera is changing it's "Mode" to a different one based on your preferences.

Let us know if you have any other questions or requests.

Thank you!
Slow and steady till' you're ready.
- Customer Care -

Offline MarcusB

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »
thanks for the fast response.  Hopefully that can be done as it makes a lot more sense to have a "do no nothing" option as well.