Author Topic: INSTEON I/O Linc  (Read 2554 times)

Offline wannafresca

INSTEON I/O Linc
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
Hello all,
Newbie here. I've a vera 3 installed and I've hooked up a few lights and a water detector successfully in my basement. I have multi-station 110 v smokes in my house and I purchased a relay to give me a closed contact so I could trigger the input of an Insteon 2450 I just got. I just ASSumed that support meant Insteon was built in and could talk to those devices direct, but I'm seeing now that I probably need an Insteon controller like the 2410? I guess this connects to the usb of vera? 
Also wanted to get some feedback on experiances with Insteon and Vera3.

Thanks!
Doug

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: INSTEON I/O Linc
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »
Yes, you will need an insteon plm to hook up to Vera and communicate to the insteon devices. A bit of a warning, insteon support is very basic on Vera. A user fba, created a plugin called alsteon that adds better support. 

- Garrett

Offline wannafresca

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »
Yes, you will need an insteon plm to hook up to Vera and communicate to the insteon devices. A bit of a warning, insteon support is very basic on Vera. A user fba, created a plugin called alsteon that adds better support. 

- Garrett

Hi Garrett,
Thanks for the reply and info. Do you happen to know if anyone makes a Z-way device that just monitors a close contact?  Thanks!

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:43:51 am »
Not sure what your requirement is for a close contact sensor. But there are z-wave door sensors that have separate contacts that can be used for close contact.

- Garrett

Offline wannafresca

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »
I'm looking for a terminal connection. Do they make a door contact that you could, for instance, hook a standard DC to? Do you know of a model number? thanks!

Offline wannafresca

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »
Hi Garrett,
Do you know where I can find the alsteon files? Thanks!

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »